South Rebels-'09

muttandjeff

Once again Comp... you are wrong. You're guessing from left field or from opinions of former players. The WRs will mesh fine, with a QB they trust and respect. The entire WR corp trusts and respects both of the QBs this year. These WRs put in the extra work and have worked with both qbs. Both QBs have came out this year and worked with the WR corp. But there has never been a thought of a 2 qb system, the Saint is and has been from day 1 the QB1 this year. The Saint will keep the Saint at QB1. With Haden hurt, South is probably without his services at WR3. He is a very good athlete so expect him to find some playing time somewhere when he gets back to 100%. He'll be QB1 next year.

So, you wanna just move on to busting on college players in the fall?

Confirmation of what I and others have posted here. Heath throws a better looking ball. I also hear he is the better runner/scrambler.

The St. looks the part. His field presence and Heath's fragility will keep him the #1 man.

I'm betting St. takes the first Week 0 snap, but the real O leader will not be decided by then.

I think the worst part of this is the WR's. Worst case scenario is they won't mesh with either QB for trying to mesh with both...and each having different approaches will constantly confuse the WR's. I said early that Stacy would use both but I see now that that will not be a good thing. It's still early. Bradley didn't really come together until Science Hill. That's why Taylor had 29 carries. If you remember, the next week Bradley put on a show. You have to have faith that Stacy will pull it together and it will work. The fall scrimmages will tell a tale.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Satch...the Dr. isn't the only one to have given report of concern about the state of the Rebels. To be honest, I was a bit trepid going into week 0 in '07 and '08. But week 0 has always seemed to be one of our top games. Maybe we play best in the heat...both mentally and physically. I just assumed the concern was nothing more than the same concern we had in past years at the exact same time. Plus the injuries that were reported were to key people...hence my post to Volman. I didn't want to mention any names. If I'm not mistaken, there were 3 key injuries. Was not privy to the seriousness of the injuries. My reason for not posting about it outright. Your post is confident enough to presume we are ready for Knox West as we speak. Can we bank on that? If you were to tell me no I would not fret because that is way we have been for years...using the week 0 confrontation to guage our status...and thus propelling us into a wonderful season. If you, on the other hand, tell me we are ready then By The Gods we must be ready and everyone should take notice because the talent is there. As far as Bradley is concerned, we all know I am an advocate of his and that is history but regardless of who we discuss what happens on the field is the only thing that is remembered and is the measuring stick for the performance thereof. And your suggestion that I remove myself to the college boards is well taken. I'll try and make sure I don't voice my opinion to very much of the Rebels this season.

Once again Comp... you are wrong. You're guessing from left field or from opinions of former players. The WRs will mesh fine, with a QB they trust and respect. The entire WR corp trusts and respects both of the QBs this year. These WRs put in the extra work and have worked with both qbs. Both QBs have came out this year and worked with the WR corp. But there has never been a thought of a 2 qb system, the Saint is and has been from day 1 the QB1 this year. The Saint will keep the Saint at QB1. With Haden hurt, South is probably without his services at WR3. He is a very good athlete so expect him to find some playing time somewhere when he gets back to 100%. He'll be QB1 next year.

So, you wanna just move on to busting on college players in the fall?]

He/she has as much right to post here as anyone else. I like their posts. Doesn't mean I agree.

The board probably has some sort of ignore feature, if you look around.

Things will NOT be as smooth as you suggest in this and other posts. I think you will see, maybe not in the scrimmages, but definately in week 0. The lack of closing speed in the D backfield is also trouble. Hope I'm wrong, but we don't have long to wait to find out. Could be a long week 0 night.

So, you wanna just move on to busting on college players in the fall?

Confirmation of what I and others have posted here. Heath throws a better looking ball. I also hear he is the better runner/scrambler.

The St. looks the part. His field presence and Heath's fragility will keep him the #1 man.

I'm betting St. takes the first Week 0 snap, but the real O leader will not be decided by then.

I think the worst part of this is the WR's. Worst case scenario is they won't mesh with either QB for trying to mesh with both...and each having different approaches will constantly confuse the WR's. I said early that Stacy would use both but I see now that that will not be a good thing. It's still early. Bradley didn't really come together until Science Hill. That's why Taylor had 29 carries. If you remember, the next week Bradley put on a show. You have to have faith that Stacy will pull it together and it will work. The fall scrimmages will tell a tale.

Now, now, Satch--calm down. Are you and the Comp having odds. You know the man--and you never know if he's seriously calling it like he sees (hears) it, or if he's just trying to challenge the boys to greater performance by Pi__ing them off. Either way, it would be good (hope you are reading this Comp) if you would actually see practice some. Furthermore, it would be great to see you, Comp, haven't seen or talked to you in a while. Hope the family is doing fine. Tell your #15 that I'm pulling for him and look forward to seeing a game this season.

Once again i come to the boards for some good South info and find Satch on his Usual blame game and finger pointing. If you spent half as much time supporting this team as you did trying to bash it and what its done there would be no bigger fan. It's no secret who I am to those on this board and that Bradley is family, that's why I refrain to bash back on your son, he had a great year in football and looked real good in track, bashing him would make me look..............well...........childish and ignorant like yourself. But first you have to be open to get the ball regardless of reciever 1,2 or 3 then catch it and make something happen with it. I wouldn't get into typing threads about respect on any level because you seem to have none for these young men, now or ever that ive seen :thumb: . I still wonder why you talk of no pre season workouts last year, guess you guys just didnt have time to attend them. :thumb:

Good luck Rebels 09/10 . I'll have some more family members to root for this year in JJ and Hammonds. Good luck guys and go REBELS!!!!

Guess I get to be first on the scrimmage at Etown.

I hope that it was all a ruse, in case Knox West or DB was scouting?

Again, the D backs look slow and can't tackle. The running game was suprisingly lackluster and the St., other than a couple of good runs looked unSaintly.

South needs to find some speed and some open field tacklers...now.

Revised prediction....Knox West 38 - South 14