South Rebels-'09

muttandjeff

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys...leave Satch alone OK. Thanks for your support but let it go. It's tough being a Senior parent. It's really tough being an ex Senior parent. :lol: It's really, really tough being the parent of the guy who couldn't punch in the last TD. :lol: It's tough watching your son drop a beautifully calculated 60 yarder in the end zone much less having to hear the whipers of "that's it he's done" starting with the Science Hill game. :thumb: 'Cmon now...it's tough. He really did not mean it to sound the way it did. I was the one to recruit #1 when he was on the track team when he was a 6th grader. I went to his Mama and begged to let him play the next fall. I said this last year and I'll say it this year, put him in the backfield and throw him screens to get him warmed up. Heck, you get him the ball in space and he's gone anyway. So your wife vomits every time you make advances. Maybe you just make her sick. Maybe you should try a different approach. All the whisperers know that I have had #1's back all last year and since. I was chastised for it. I just don't give up that easily. Take Michael Acero. He was mine. Seth Johnson...mine. JJ mine! Well, Bobeye might belong to Wade Garvin but I love him too. Todays scrimmage was nothing. Satch is right...it's coming together. It's what Stacy does. Instead to look the other way give #1 a pat on the back and the St. Let them know that you know they "Got This"! Tell them they are walking in some big shoes right now and that it's time to open for business. Make them be responsible but make sure they know you are their spotter. Maybe a little different approach guys...they need us...yeah, that's right US! Who knows...maybe your wife won't feel so nauscious.

Guys...leave Satch alone OK. Thanks for your support but let it go. It's tough being a Senior parent. It's really tough being an ex Senior parent. :lol: It's really, really tough being the parent of the guy who couldn't punch in the last TD. :lol: It's tough watching your son drop a beautifully calculated 60 yarder in the end zone much less having to hear the whipers of "that's it he's done" starting with the Science Hill game. :thumb: 'Cmon now...it's tough. He really did not mean it to sound the way it did. I was the one to recruit #1 when he was on the track team when he was a 6th grader. I went to his Mama and begged to let him play the next fall. I said this last year and I'll say it this year, put him in the backfield and throw him screens to get him warmed up. Heck, you get him the ball in space and he's gone anyway. So your wife vomits every time you make advances. Maybe you just make her sick. Maybe you should try a different approach. All the whisperers know that I have had #1's back all last year and since. I was chastised for it. I just don't give up that easily. Take Michael Acero. He was mine. Seth Johnson...mine. JJ mine! Well, Bobeye might belong to Wade Garvin but I love him too. Todays scrimmage was nothing. Satch is right...it's coming together. It's what Stacy does. Instead to look the other way give #1 a pat on the back and the St. Let them know that you know they "Got This"! Tell them they are walking in some big shoes right now and that it's time to open for business. Make them be responsible but make sure they know you are their spotter. Maybe a little different approach guys...they need us...yeah, that's right US! Who knows...maybe your wife won't feel so nauscious.

Comp,you're a genious! Any ideas for a different approach? She's been telling me for years she's got that booleemia. :?:lol:

Guys...leave Satch alone OK. Thanks for your support but let it go. It's tough being a Senior parent. It's really tough being an ex Senior parent. :thumb: It's really, really tough being the parent of the guy who couldn't punch in the last TD. :lol: It's tough watching your son drop a beautifully calculated 60 yarder in the end zone much less having to hear the whipers of "that's it he's done" starting with the Science Hill game. :lol: 'Cmon now...it's tough. He really did not mean it to sound the way it did. I was the one to recruit #1 when he was on the track team when he was a 6th grader. I went to his Mama and begged to let him play the next fall. I said this last year and I'll say it this year, put him in the backfield and throw him screens to get him warmed up. Heck, you get him the ball in space and he's gone anyway. So your wife vomits every time you make advances. Maybe you just make her sick. Maybe you should try a different approach. All the whisperers know that I have had #1's back all last year and since. I was chastised for it. I just don't give up that easily. Take Michael Acero. He was mine. Seth Johnson...mine. JJ mine! Well, Bobeye might belong to Wade Garvin but I love him too. Todays scrimmage was nothing. Satch is right...it's coming together. It's what Stacy does. Instead to look the other way give #1 a pat on the back and the St. Let them know that you know they "Got This"! Tell them they are walking in some big shoes right now and that it's time to open for business. Make them be responsible but make sure they know you are their spotter. Maybe a little different approach guys...they need us...yeah, that's right US! Who knows...maybe your wife won't feel so nauscious.

I was a senior parent and am NOW a former senior parent! And I have never gotten on here and blasted another parents kid so don't tell me to go easy on him! Believe me, no one wanted to see his (#1) succeed last year more than me!

When you only have one year to get it done and you go 12-0 (Until the Greeneville Debacle) and account for 3000 yds and 33 TD's and still have

comments being directed his way like the garbage he is spewing out is Ridiculous!

I'm sorry but not meant to sound as it did? how else can it sound Gary? I like you bud and I REALLY Like the Spin DR, one of the best ive ever seen to make it happen when it flat out shouldnt :thumb: . But if you look at the majority of Satches posts they are just plain demoralizing to this team, program and mostly directed at Bradley. Comment after comment downing someone else besides his Golden Child, its just plain sickening. Then to go and talk of respect of the QB?...............now hes goin a lil far. I guess since Bradley has morals and a strong christian faith and wouldnt run around and party with the team made him less respected? IS that it Satch?? 8-) Sounds like a role model to me and what young men should strive for. I know personally the LONG hours of running lifting and passing outside the school Bradley did And also have read the many posts of recievers more intersted in running the girls then practicing to make it happen.

I'm sorry but not meant to sound as it did? how else can it sound Gary? I like you bud and I REALLY Like the Spin DR, one of the best ive ever seen to make it happen when it flat out shouldnt :thumb: . But if you look at the majority of Satches posts they are just plain demoralizing to this team, program and mostly directed at Bradley. Comment after comment downing someone else besides his Golden Child, its just plain sickening. Then to go and talk of respect of the QB?...............now hes goin a lil far. I guess since Bradley has morals and a strong christian faith and wouldnt run around and party with the team made him less respected? IS that it Satch?? 8-) Sounds like a role model to me and what young men should strive for. I know personally the LONG hours of running lifting and passing outside the school Bradley did And also have read the many posts of recievers more intersted in running the girls then practicing to make it happen.

Few have more respect for Bradley than I. To sit and wait patiently for his one year to shine was something few could handle. And then against Science Hill the first passing play of the game and bang, a 65 yarder to a spot that the defensive back couldn't touch...phenomonal! He repeated this all year and not to just KK, but also to Z. I understand Satch's beef. However, it does not justify how he speaks of Bradley in posts going back to the fall. All I'm saying is, turn the other cheek and let it go. It's not worth the argument. There were no decinders against Bradley. The fans waited each game for his signature 65 yard over the shoulder missle with pin point accuracty with the same anticipation that they waited to see the Dr. break some unholy tackle and speed an untold number of yards into the endzone. Satch will have to come to terms on his own with #1's situation. I have to say I support #1 and his Father in spite of anything said on these threads. And yes, if this disrespect were intended toward my son then yes, I'm sure I would feel a bit more unsustainable. So in that light I do see Mountain Man's view as well yours. But as Fathers of athletes with such notariety we must act with example and sometimes that requires humility and endearment not found on every street corner. That is our job. I many times miss the mark as well but we must attempt to set that example. I wish nothing but the best for #1 and the '09 Rebels.

How fortunate we have been in the Rebel program to enjoy the football careers of Bradley and Taylor. They are both outstanding young men and shining examples of what student athletes should be both on the field and off. If I had sons playing football ,I would want them modeling themselves after these. Having said that,good luck to both in their college careers. Last year is exactly that, LAST YEAR. It's OVER. Let's move on and discuss this year on this thread. The Rebel legacy is about winning. So how do we go about beating Knox West? 83 wants to know how the scrimmage with Betsy went. I am curious as well for others opinions. Pass defense is obviously a concern from what I am hearing.

How fortunate we have been in the Rebel program to enjoy the football careers of Bradley and Taylor. They are both outstanding young men and shining examples of what student athletes should be both on the field and off. If I had sons playing football ,I would want them modeling themselves after these. Having said that,good luck to both in their college careers. Last year is exactly that, LAST YEAR. It's OVER. Let's move on and discuss this year on this thread. The Rebel legacy is about winning. So how do we go about beating Knox West? 83 wants to know how the scrimmage with Betsy went. I am curious as well for others opinions. Pass defense is obviously a concern from what I am hearing.

Classy post Craw!

I agree this is about the 09 Rebels! Best of luck to The Blue Duece,the Saint, #1, #10 and the whole team! Hope you guys have a great year :thumb: