Whats going on with the Wartburg Lady Dogs?

bballpain

To say that the talent level at wartburg right now matches the talent level of teams with the likes of Howard, McGhee, and Blakney of years gone by is crazy. He has not had one dominant post player in his two years. This team has good guards but to say that they are winning on talent alone is not very smart. If I remember you guys said we will see how well he coaches next year after last year. Think about the teams that had Jeffers and J. Susak on them. I have watched a great deal of basketball in the area for the past 20 years and I have seen at least 5 wartburg teams with more talent than the teams that have been there over the past two seasons!

I saw him call some great plays and run some good sets late in the game that lead directly to scores, plus his teams always break the press good.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see he finally just let the girls play. Oneida played bad, no doubt not the regular season lady Indians. Our girls played a very good game. To say without Coach Davis the past two teams at wartburg wouldn't have been as good is crazy. There is more talent at that school right now then Dallas ever had. Plus Dallas played AA a lot. Anyone could have coached last year's team to state. Extremely talented group of girls. This year, the group of girls are stepping up. Not the coach. The coach doesn't win games, but he can lose them. He has had the right personal in the game and it's paying off. Get use to it folks, people don't like him. I think he is a very nice and good guy, but it's obvious people don't like him. But back to the talent level if he stays next year, we will see how good his coaching skills are. He as had very good talent, that was good talent before they played for him. We will see next year, if he is a good coach. Keep winning girls.

Jason built this team and has coached these kids since many of them were in the 7th grade. This is totally his team! Their success is a product of good coaching and JD's ability to get them to believe that a #5 Seed can get to the Regional Finals!

Armes

Winegar

Longmire

Freels

Chapman

Spence......have all been with Jason since the start and it is paying off

Looks to me as if Bulldogplayermom and superdave like to to post really close to each other on time of there post even late at night after a ballgame could they be one of the same even back during the dogs loosing streak they both was nonexzentent dont get me wrong here I want Wartburg to win every game they play hope they go back to state but they are not playing that great they are doing what must be done to win in the elimination games they have been in beat Oakdale to get in the district tournament then lost the next 2 then played a week harriman team then beat a Oneida team not at there best hpefully they can catch oz on a off night

I've been simply amazed at how much bashing some of the fans have been doing to this coach. Now they are in substate, let me assume that the coach has nothing to do with that? Good job coach, great job ladies for playing hard with all of the negativity in your ears. Keep it rolling!

Thanks Coach!

3rd Shift gets slow from time to time. Gotta post to deal with boredom! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'm not a fan of his at all but I just know that the critics on here have not been fair. Said it before and will say it again, I don't like him personally! I think he is arrogant, at times harsh on his kids, and does have a noticeable temper that can hurt the team. But in the end they perform in tournaments so something is going right.

So don't take me as a fan of his just someone that likes to bring the conversation into the real world

I would think working third shift you would be in bed maybe you and playermom and bigdave 25 might all be one

If I want to post on here NXT I don't need to make up a new screen name!

Why in the world would I want to post some of the stuff on here that he has to keep my kids tore up all the time. These girls have had to fight more turmoil than any team I can think of and that goes back over the past two years. I want them to have a good time playing but instead they have to constantly deal with attacks on their talent, heart, work ethic, and just about everything else. Then throw in the fact that most state that I'm just barely able to get from the locker room to the court without needing to ask for directions multiple times or at least use a map, and you've got a real problem. So with all that now I have time to make up usernames to post on here at 4:00a.m. that I'm arrogant, and have a temper, that's not even close to logical! It's laughable! Just like most of the stuff that is posted on CoachT.

And my kids have never been told they didn't deserve a win that they faught to get! We will take them any way we can get em! Now as for the occasional water bottle, chair, or coaching board sometimes they get it..lol Bulldogfamily has me mixed up with someone on the not deserving to win part though.

3rd Shift gets slow from time to time. Gotta post to deal with boredom! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'm not a fan of his at all but I just know that the critics on here have not been fair. Said it before and will say it again, I don't like him personally! I think he is arrogant, at times harsh on his kids, and does have a noticeable temper that can hurt the team. But in the end they perform in tournaments so something is going right.

So don't take me as a fan of his just someone that likes to bring the conversation into the real world

For once i am in agreement with you superdave....he is arrogant and can be harsh on the girls. He also does have a temper...2 times this year he has tried to give this team in his words "back to Dallas". And anyone that wants to dispute that fact is totally wrong. The girls came together and have been playing harder in the tournaments, in my opinion its because they have the will to win. Its hard to take that out of an athelete no matter how many times you try to give them away, how many water bottles you kick around in practice, or how many times you tell them they do not deserve a win in the locker room. I hope the girls keep playing as hard as they have been for whatever reason they may have. I would very much like to see our girls go to state again even if it is going to look good on his coaching resume.

If I want to post on here NXT I don't need to make up a new screen name!

Why in the world would I want to post some of the stuff on here that he has to keep my kids tore up all the time. These girls have had to fight more turmoil than any team I can think of and that goes back over the past two years. I want them to have a good time playing but instead they have to constantly deal with attacks on their talent, heart, work ethic, and just about everything else. Then throw in the fact that most state that I'm just barely able to get from the locker room to the court without needing to ask for directions multiple times or at least use a map, and you've got a real problem. So with all that now I have time to make up usernames to post on here at 4:00a.m. that I'm arrogant, and have a temper, that's not even close to logical! It's laughable! Just like most of the stuff that is posted on CoachT.

And my kids have never been told they didn't deserve a win that they faught to get! We will take them any way we can get em! Now as for the occasional water bottle, chair, or coaching board sometimes they get it..lol Bulldogfamily has me mixed up with someone on the not deserving to win part though.

So what was it you told them after the devestating loss at coalfield in the districts? I think the girls did play with heart and a desire to win, but was outplayed and got beat in the end. Coalfield had a tough team and sometime there will be days like that. But that is not what you told them was it? And after you did tell them that then you come in here and make post (see previous posts by bigdave) and say they are battling attacks on their heart, talent, and work ethic. Sounds like to me your the only one making those attacks on the girls.

For starters, the loss in the 4-A Consolation Game wasn't devistating, but to answer your question

I told them that in order to win in a tournament we had to do 3 things (we've talked about this all year)

1. Play Hard - We did that

2. Play Smart - We didn't do that enough

3. Play Together - We only did that in spurts

Then followed that by saying that we must play in the "right now" for the rest of the season. Stop being focused on mistakes after they happen and stop being nervous about the next play. Play the game in the moment! If we don't do that then we won't earn a victory this time of year.

And I told them that in all honesty we didn't play well enough or execute well enough to win that game down the stretch, but if we learned from it then the experience was worth it, told them to forget the Dist. Tourney and Focus on Region 2-A and we arent done yet! Now, I told them that I was not happy at all about our hanging our heads after mistakes and was pretty straight in communicating that point but that's all that was said!

No I didn't tell them there would be days like that!!!!! If you have too many "days like that" then you go to the house!!!

And I can tell you I'm proud of how they have played and practiced since!

For starters, the loss in the 4-A Consolation Game wasn't devistating, but to answer your question

I told them that in order to win in a tournament we had to do 3 things (we've talked about this all year)

1. Play Hard - We did that

2. Play Smart - We didn't do that enough

3. Play Together - We only did that in spurts

Then followed that by saying that we must play in the "right now" for the rest of the season. Stop being focused on mistakes after they happen and stop being nervous about the next play. Play the game in the moment! If we don't do that then we won't earn a victory this time of year.

And I told them that in all honesty we didn't play well enough or execute well enough to win that game down the stretch, but if we learned from it then the experience was worth it, told them to forget the Dist. Tourney and Focus on Region 2-A and we arent done yet! Now, I told them that I was not happy at all about our hanging our heads after mistakes and was pretty straight in communicating that point but that's all that was said!

No I didn't tell them there would be days like that!!!!! If you have too many "days like that" then you go to the house!!!

And I can tell you I'm proud of how they have played and practiced since!

Well bigdave,

One thing I see wrong is that you feel you have to come on here to see what people are saying about you and you feel the need to defend yourself. If there are no problems with you then you would not feel you needed to do that.

Second, you are sitting there browsing through CoachT to see these things people are saying, and posting to defend yourself whlie your supposed to be teaching our youth. Is this in your teacher handbook? Oops, I have kept you past time for the bell. You better logout and go to practice.

I'm done with this. You know what your problems are!!!

Well bulldogfamily I thought Coach answered your question very well Really clear that you have some sour grapes with him over something. You seem petty and small he came in and answered your comments up front and you just jabbed at him. He really wasn't defending himself since what you stated was a lie he simply set the record straight in my opinion