tricitiessportsfan

IMAC/District 2 Basketball  

21 members have voted

1. 1. IMAC/District 2 Basketball

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll voice an opinion after I see them play at South Monday. I missed their earlier meeting in the holiday tourney at North. Guess you'll be coming to Kingsport for the game?

crawdad, I'm making you responsible for giving a post game rundown, I will be starting my second job tomorrow night, thus keeping me from making the short drive to the Heights. There are two pretty good Region 1 non conference match ups tomorrow night, Morristown West @ Sullivan South and Greeneville @ Tennessee High. Good luck to all teams.

crawdad, I'm making you responsible for giving a post game rundown, I will be starting my second job tomorrow night, thus keeping me from making the short drive to the Heights. There are two pretty good Region 1 non conference match ups tomorrow night, Morristown West @ Sullivan South and Greeneville @ Tennessee High. Good luck to all teams.

Both good games but Greeneville-Tn Hi more significant. I'll be interested in that one for another clue on how the Big 9 matches up with IMAC this year. I know times are tough but I wish you weren't having to work a second job. I know how much you enjoy these basketball games.Good luck with the job and I'll get a report in afterwards.

Mo East is at Pigeon Forge Tues.

Region 1 Schedule ??“ Week of Monday, Jan. 12-Saturday, Jan. 17

Monday, January 12

Morristown West @ Sullivan South

Greeneville @ Tennessee High

Oneida @ Morristown East

Gatlinburg Pittman @ Jefferson Co.

Tuesday, January 13

Morristown East @ Hancock Co.

Grainger Co. @ Cocke Co.

Knox Carter @ Jefferson Co.

---------

Daniel Boone @ Dobyns Bennett

David Crockett @ Sullivan South

Science Hill @ Sullivan East

Sullivan Central @ Volunteer

Virginia High, VA @ Tennessee High

Wednesday, January 14

No games scheduled

-------------------

NCAA Basketball - #2 Duke @ Georgia Tech, 7:00 PM on ESPN

NCAA Basketball - #9 Syracuse @ #10 Georgetown, 7:30 PM on ESPN2

NCAA Basketball - #23 Baylor @ Texas A&M, 9:30 PM on ESPN2

Thursday, January 15

Morristown West @ South Greene

Friday, January 16

Jefferson Co. @ Morristown East

Morristown West @ Cocke Co.

Cherokee @ Greeneville

---------

Sullivan East @ Daniel Boone

Dobyns Bennett @ Volunteer

Sullivan Central @ Science Hill

Tennessee High @ Sullivan South

Saturday, January 17

Dobyns Bennett @ Greeneville

-----------------------------

Current Inter-Mountain Athletic Conference ??“ As of 1/12

Team, Conference Record (Overall Record)

Morristown East, 5-0 (11-5)

Cocke Co., 4-1 (9-5)

Greeneville, 3-2 (14-6)

Cherokee, 2-3 (8-8)

Morristown West, 1-4 (6-9)

Jefferson Co., 0-5 (2-10)

Current Big 9 Conference Standings ??“ As of 1/12

Team, Conference Record (Overall Record)

Tennessee High, 7-1 (11-7)

Science Hill, 6-1 (14-4)

Dobyns Bennett, 5-2 (12-4)

Sullivan East, 5-2 (11-5)

Sullivan Central, 3-4 (11-7)

Sullivan South, 2-4 (10-7)

Volunteer, 2-4 (6-10)

Daniel Boone, 1-6 (7-10)

David Crockett, 0-7 (4-12)

-----------------------------

tricitiessportsfan Picks:

Friday, January 16

Morristown East over Jefferson Co.

Cocke Co. over Morristown West

Greeneville over Cherokee

tricitiessportsfan Pick'em record: 23-7

Will you be attending a game tonight? If so, which one and will you provide some post game analysis?

Went to Cherokee. East seemed to struggle all night. Gardner and Coy made enough plays to get the win. East actually got a little help off the bech also, which I understand they had not been getting. Cherokee played very tough physical in your face man to man and led most of the night. East made enough plays in the 4th to get the win. In my opinion East is not as good as their record (talent wise), but they seem to have the fight in them that good teams have to have. Will be interesting to see how they are in the second half. I think if I were a betting man I might have to take Cocke. Co. in the end, but I would never bet against one of Mike Wright's teams either, so I guess we will just have to wait and see. By the way, officiating was horrible, just as it has been every game I've been to this year, not one sided, just plain old bad. It's really a shame.

Hats off to East this year. It seems like team play and solid coaching is finally coming together aftre a very long drought.

Glad to see you found the IMAC thread noonesfool. I value your opinion on these boards. Where do I start? How about:

What's wrong with Greeneville, if there really is anything wrong?

Watching Mo. West dismantle South Monday night was painful. South had a discernible advantage in height;2-6" per man across the floor. The Rebels were unable to take advantage of the size mismatch settling for contested jump shots instead of working the ball into the post. Blair had a good game for the Rebels with a career high 14 points but could have doubled this with a little more emphasis on the inside game by his team.

Mo. West was impressive with their motion offense and dribble drive conversions. Their guards were quick and most trips down the floor produced 1 shot score possessions;in effect voiding South's rebounding advantage.

The Trojans can still be a factor in the IMAC race, but from what I saw, they will have to continue to shoot lights out to win. Good luck to all.

Glad to see you found the IMAC thread noonesfool. I value your opinion on these boards. Where do I start? How about:

What's wrong with Greeneville, if there really is anything wrong?

Thanks Tri. Actually nothing is wrong with Greeneville. They are like the economy some years and this is a down year.

They are very well coached and the team tries to do what they always do but the talent is down. That is why you have seen blowouts on the devils and wins by the Devils over solid teams as well. A soft earlier schedule may have set up some higher expectations for the Devils, fans and others, but as they play into the meat of the schedule (tough), reality is hitting home.

I look for Wesley Quarrels to be a much strong contributor as the season goes on, and if B. Short gets his shot back, watch out.

Also, Duncan's point guards over the years are almost player coaches and this year's point is a young transfer that is probably a long way from implementing the nuiances of the offense.

I really believe that GHS is the side windner missile with out a gyroscope in this years District and Regional tournaments. Yes a lot teams maybe favored to beat them, but I don't think I would want to play them. Coaching and playing hard is still their forte.