IMAC basketball

tricitiessportsfan

IMAC/District 2 Basketball  

21 members have voted

1. 1. IMAC/District 2 Basketball

Here's a list of IMAC games effected by the weather (includes both boys and girls):

Jefferson County @ South Doyle (Jan. 19) has been ppd

Science Hill @ Cherokee (Jan. 19) has been moved to Saturday, Jan. 24

Morristown East @ Hancock County (Jan. 20) has been ppd

West Greene @ Morristown West (Jan. 20) has been moved to Thursday, Jan. 22

Very good, appreciate the information.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good, appreciate the information.

A little observation on the Cocke County team. They have had to battle back most of the year to win their games. The coach plays 12 -13 players in the first half and then cuts that down to 8 or 9 players in the second half. If he dosen't cut that rotation down to 8 or 9 for the entire game the Fighting Cocks will not go far come tourney time. It may work against weaker teams but these boys can't battle back from 15 pt deficient's ever night. From the looks of things it should be Stewart, Glenn, Ottinger, Dockery and Ball on the floor when the game is on the line.

A little observation on the Cocke County team. They have had to battle back most of the year to win their games. The coach plays 12 -13 players in the first half and then cuts that down to 8 or 9 players in the second half. If he dosen't cut that rotation down to 8 or 9 for the entire game the Fighting Cocks will not go far come tourney time. It may work against weaker teams but these boys can't battle back from 15 pt deficient's ever night. From the looks of things it should be Stewart, Glenn, Ottinger, Dockery and Ball on the floor when the game is on the line.

It will be interesting to see if the rotation gets pared down for the big game with the Hurricanes. Keep us posted and welcome to the "T".

Yep Ray likes to start his five then sub in a whole new five in the first quarter sometimes. All the subs could be the reason they are winning the game in the fourth quarter though. Just another way you could look at it. I would feel comfortable with that lineup on the floor for CCHS. Think thats who they went with to comeback against West the other night. Ottinger has missed time with injury this year. I would start with Regan, Stewart, Glenn, Ball, and Dockery then make Ottinger the first guard sub off the bench with Haney and James coming in at the wings and posts. Carmichael needs some PT as well. This keeps it to 8 or 9 players anyway.

Yep Ray likes to start his five then sub in a whole new five in the first quarter sometimes. All the subs could be the reason they are winning the game in the fourth quarter though. Just another way you could look at it. I would feel comfortable with that lineup on the floor for CCHS. Think thats who they went with to comeback against West the other night. Ottinger has missed time with injury this year. I would start with Regan, Stewart, Glenn, Ball, and Dockery then make Ottinger the first guard sub off the bench with Haney and James coming in at the wings and posts. Carmichael needs some PT as well. This keeps it to 8 or 9 players anyway.

I think Haney will be better when he becomes a complete player. Yes he can score at times but he can also shoot you out of a game at times. He has played in 16 games this year and has only 1 assist. I think Ottinger has been clutch since coming back from his injury. He has made some big baskets and pressure free throws in the last 2 games. But to be sucessful Stewart has to be scoring. I hope coach Evans cuts the rotation to a least 9 and give these boys a chance to win it again this year.

West actually has two players taller than 6'1 one is 6'4 and the other is 6'3

No possible way!

Hunter Dockery who play's for CCHS is no way taller than 6'3 & their is not one player on West team that is as tall as he is. Atleast that i have seen from the games West has played against CCHS. West might have a player 6'2 but that's stretching it.

I think Haney will be better when he becomes a complete player. Yes he can score at times but he can also shoot you out of a game at times. He has played in 16 games this year and has only 1 assist. I think Ottinger has been clutch since coming back from his injury. He has made some big baskets and pressure free throws in the last 2 games. But to be sucessful Stewart has to be scoring. I hope coach Evans cuts the rotation to a least 9 and give these boys a chance to win it again this year.

Seems like you know the team pretty good. How many games have you watched? Haney just looks for his shot and will throw it up almost everytime. He can help the zone out on defense some. Luke coming back has been big. He is always calm on the court and he can shoot, drive, and pass. Luke and Marcus are going to be the two guards on the court more than likely at the end of the games. Marcus usually holds off on shooting until the late third quarter and fourth quarter. He tried to put the team on his back again at East, but the shots weren't falling and he was forcing the issue which hurt the team badly down the stretch. He is still the go to guy hands down however, just had a bad quarter.

Seems like you know the team pretty good. How many games have you watched? Haney just looks for his shot and will throw it up almost everytime. He can help the zone out on defense some. Luke coming back has been big. He is always calm on the court and he can shoot, drive, and pass. Luke and Marcus are going to be the two guards on the court more than likely at the end of the games. Marcus usually holds off on shooting until the late third quarter and fourth quarter. He tried to put the team on his back again at East, but the shots weren't falling and he was forcing the issue which hurt the team badly down the stretch. He is still the go to guy hands down however, just had a bad quarter.

I have seen quite a few games this year. I think you are right about Marcus and Luke being on the floor when the game is on the line. They play well together and take care of the basketball. I am still curious to see if Coach Evans cuts the rotation down before tourny time. I understand he had played 12 players 2 minutes in the second quarter last nite at Pigeon Forge. How can anybody get in a rhythm? i have watched CCHS play East 2 times and there is no way that they are a better team. Hopefully we can get them when it counts.

No possible way!

Hunter Dockery who play's for CCHS is no way taller than 6'3 & their is not one player on West team that is as tall as he is. Atleast that i have seen from the games West has played against CCHS. West might have a player 6'2 but that's stretching it.

West High has one player 6'4, 2 players 6'3, and one 6'2. Dockery and Huffhines are both listed on the team's roster has 6'5.