Ronnie Carter

devilsden

The schools had something to say on classification. The schools elect the Board of Control members. Each Board of Control member is an administrator at a member school. The Board of Control makes the classification decisions.

The schools also had opportunities to communicate their views on the classification possibilities to their Board members. The different plans that were under consideration were presented and discussed at Board of Control meetings (all schools get notice of those meetings) well in advance of the meeting where classification decisions were made. The information was out there for any school that wanted to examine it and provide feedback to the school's representative on the Board, or any of the nine elected Board members.

Have you every delt with TSSAA they don't give a "hoot" about the member school ,if your not a member school you can pay to travel 200 miles per game if you like and that coming from Carter they have Member school were they want them until someone else can form another TSSAA or what ever. That the kind of man you are dealing with. A man with control issue. Amost like giving some guys the Badge.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you every delt with TSSAA they don't give a "hoot" about the member school ,if your not a member school you can pay to travel 200 miles per game if you like and that coming from Carter they have Member school were they want them until someone else can form another TSSAA or what ever. That the kind of man you are dealing with. A man with control issue. Amost like giving some guys the Badge.

Yes, I have dealt with TSSAA. Yes, they do give a "hoot" about member schools. TSSAA is an association of member schools. The member schools elect the Council members who write the rules. The member schools elect the Board members who interpret and apply the rules. The Council and Board members are administrators of member schools. The Executive Director is employed by the Board and answers to the Board. Every one of his decisions can be appealed to the Board, so that ultimately the elected representatives of the member schools, who are themselves member school administrators, have the final say. This goes for eligibility rulings, hardships, penalties, classification, and everything else the Executive Director decides or recommends.

Beyond all this, your comments about control issues, like earlier comments from other posters using terms like "pompous" and "arrogant," simply reflect that you don't really know the man.

Yes, I have dealt with TSSAA. Yes, they do give a "hoot" about member schools. TSSAA is an association of member schools. The member schools elect the Council members who write the rules. The member schools elect the Board members who interpret and apply the rules. The Council and Board members are administrators of member schools. The Executive Director is employed by the Board and answers to the Board. Every one of his decisions can be appealed to the Board, so that ultimately the elected representatives of the member schools, who are themselves member school administrators, have the final say. This goes for eligibility rulings, hardships, penalties, classification, and everything else the Executive Director decides or recommends.

Beyond all this, your comments about control issues, like earlier comments from other posters using terms like "pompous" and "arrogant," simply reflect that you don't really know the man.

Amen to that Rick.

Carter has gave much service to sport but has stop many kids from reaching the top. I,ve watch him push his wieght around and I think this is the best thing that could happen. They are getting alot of heat from member school, which as no say soo in TSSAA eyes, but they knew the flame was getting hotter. Great move by the TSSAA but nothing is going to change until they let member School vote on Hardship and those type of items, instead of giving one man all that power. I would have to say alot of people are very happy even the coaches who will never admit it. But Hitler is leaving the building.Member school need to stand up and fight back and not let Brentwood have to do it by thereself.

I'll always admire him because of Brentwood Academy! Say what you will, I believe he was always trying his best to be fair to all. A good man who will be missed for his strong leadership. He did what had to be done regardless who criticized him. Agree or disagree, it doesn't matter. I only hope this man replacing him will try to be just as fair as Ronnie Carter.

First, you chose to be an educator just like many others; however, many of us don't complain about the salary because we chose the profession. That statement just shows your negative attitude! Secondly, I did and do support him. Finally, I kiss no one's butt; I simply support and respect hard work when I see it. There are three kinds of people in this world: those who do, those who watch it get done, and those who don't even know it happened. You are the kind that watch it get done and then complains about it. If you don't like it, get involved to change it. Don't sit in the stands and object to every call. Get on the "field" and demonstrate how to do it right.

See you DONT know me or the amount of time I put into my job. I am in the line of fire and not sitting in the stands. I do not have a negative attitude just because I dont like Ronnie carter. I volunteer more hours than your precious Ronnie Cartert or you ever did or will You are an idiot and you have NO idea what I do or the quality of my work. So JERK YOU CAN JUST BLOW IT OUT YOUR EAR!!!

See you DONT know me or the amount of time I put into my job. I am in the line of fire and not sitting in the stands. I do not have a negative attitude just because I dont like Ronnie carter. I volunteer more hours than your precious Ronnie Cartert or you ever did or will You are an idiot and you have NO idea what I do or the quality of my work. So JERK YOU CAN JUST BLOW IT OUT YOUR EAR!!!

Oh, so now I'm an idiot and a jerk? You don't know me either, yet you make judgments about the number of hours I volunteer like you would know. You, Mr. educator, are classless. I'll bet you are wonderful at your job. I still stand in support of Carter's work regardless of the negativity of those such as yourself. The support on this thread speaks for itself, but I guess no one knows him like you do. I'm out.

My only question is does this mean the privates and publics are going to be together again? Secondly, does it mean there will be something on PAPER to say HOW the 'WILD CARD' teams will be chosen? Third, will this mean that the schools will have something to say when something as major as things like the 'Z' plan are going to be implimented?

Like the Chinese proverb says, "We are living in interesting times.".

Not likely...and look at 2a the last 2 years...and you will see how the wild cards will be chosen.

I'll always admire him because of Brentwood Academy! Say what you will, I believe he was always trying his best to be fair to all. A good man who will be missed for his strong leadership. He did what had to be done regardless who criticized him. Agree or disagree, it doesn't matter. I only hope this man replacing him will try to be just as fair as Ronnie Carter.

I agree. I think Mr. Carter did what he thought was right under extreme pressure. He never wavered. Good luck to him...and thanks.

I do know Mr. Carter I have had conversations with him on several issues over the years and That is my opinion and I am entitled to it. You are of a different opinion but I DO have a right to mine which has been my point all along.

In my dealings with him that is how "I" found him to be and I was challenged that I didnt know the man and never had dealings with him which is I took issue with.

I am sure that people here state their opinions and yes even their experiences on this forum.

As far as classless goes, look in the mirror because you threw as much mud as I did.

And now I am done ( or is out a Hipper term)

And now I am done ( or is out a Hipper term)

For future reference, "out" is a military term used to end a radio communication (i.e. "red falcon out," or B14 out"). It has nothing to do with "Hip" lingo; it's simply standard military radio protocol. Because Rome and others use it doesn't mean they use it correctly. I apologize for failure to break old habits and for confusing you. Please accept my sincere request. You have your opinion; I have another. Remember, opinions without compassion equals ruthlessness. Now, I'm really out.

Bigmoney, I don't know you, and because of that I would not presume to call your character into question.

You, on the other hand, came right out of the box and called Mr. Carter a "pompous arrogant jerk."

This goes beyond a simple difference of opinion. You may very well have had some conversations over the years with Ronnie Carter. But having a few conversations with someone is not the same thing as knowing the man. Your pejorative name-calling attacks on Mr. Carter reflect the real limits of your acquaintance with him and are offensive to those of us who know him well.