South Doyle

delayofgame

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man its going to be CLark Duncan he's going to come out of retirment.. ITs taking to long to lure someone to the coaching stint at SD therefore, Clark will take over... That's what I think

That's not going to happen. Clark would have to give up his adminstrative position and go back in to the classroom to be able to coach. Knox County doesn't allow administrators to coach any longer. I don't believe that Clark wants to do that at this point. He likes where he is at.

I believe that The Professor may be on the right track. From what I am hearing the wait is on Knox County to OK a eaching position for the potential new coach.

Is the basketball coach at Fulton a principal

I believe that Jody Wright is an assistant principal, but I also believe that he was grandfathered in to that position before the non-administrative coaches policy went in to effect.

I'm sure there is either a coach or administrator who either posts or surfs here who can clear it up, but as I said I believe that it was policy put in place over the last few years and those adminstrators who were already coaching at that time were allowed to stay in both positions.

Man its going to be CLark Duncan he's going to come out of retirment.. ITs taking to long to lure someone to the coaching stint at SD therefore, Clark will take over... That's what I think

Turtle - I am one to admit when I am wrong on the policy. I'm hearing some things today about the policy being reversed - nothing firm, nothing from anybody official. I guess we'll find out if it is rumor or real soon enough.

You know I was just messing about it being Clark Duncan but hey he coached my cousin when my cousin went to Powell so I just said that. That's funny if he really comes back to coach.. I think if it happens you all need to reward me with a gatorade /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Jody Wright was named AD/Assistant Principal this year. So grandfather in has nothing to do with it. Ask splains about the policy and Coach Wright of Fulton he'll tell you like it is..

Honestly, Duncan should've went after Stanton Stevens.. I mean, when he coached in Knox County Schools last, he produced 1 state title, 2 underfeated regular seasons. SD maybe could've produced those numbers if they could've got Stevens to come.

It is official. Knoxville News Sentinel reports it is Clark Duncan.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/mar/12/d...e-football-job/

I heard that it was coming this morning, but since it came from an off the record source I couldn't really say anything here.

What's really interesting is that Duncan's former team, Powell, opens the season at - drumroll please - South-Doyle. Teacher in Duncan against pupil in Matt Lowe. That is going to be quite an evening.