South Doyle

delayofgame

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HTV would know that answer. But, that is the rumor on the street.

I last talked to Larry just a few days ago, but that subject didn't come up. Having gone through what he has over the last year, I would be shocked if Larry got back in to teaching and coaching at this point.

Of course, like the old saying goes, never say never, but it would be very surprising to me. I might be more inclinded to believe that he might return to coaching as an assistant than as a head coach, if he wants to get back in to it.

I last talked to Larry just a few days ago, but that subject didn't come up. Having gone through what he has over the last year, I would be shocked if Larry got back in to teaching and coaching at this point.

Of course, like the old saying goes, never say never, but it would be very surprising to me. I might be more inclinded to believe that he might return to coaching as an assistant than as a head coach, if he wants to get back in to it.

Forgive me,but who is Larry Stevens?

Hey veerman I dont know if we have ever met, but I heard that the OC over your neck of the woods applied for the SD job. If this is true & he gets it I know they will ring some points up on the scoreboard.

Haha...yeah it's true he applied. I spoke to him the other day and he said he'd be very excited about the opportunity to work there. We'd hate to see him go...but a man's got to do what's best for himself and his family. S-D would be very fortunate if they got him and I know they'd like him and his hard work ethic...and you're darn tootin they'd put some points on the board!!!!

Veerman I have heard Coach Jessie's name come up in several conversations when coaching vacancies come up. Mainly, because schools want to see a high powered offense. Is he pursuing these jobs? Or is he just getting attention because of the offenses that he is producing down there at Cumberland Gap?

I know he has applied for a couple of them...not sure how many. I think he's wanting to get around the knoxville area because that's where he and his wife live. And I guess it helps too that our teams offense is so good! Heck we've had the top passers in the prep extra areas the past two years. I'm sure he's due to get a shot eventually.