South Doyle

delayofgame

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Doyle High School has narrowed their search. Letters went out this past week.....rejecting several applicants...and hundred plus applied . Good luck to the winner!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Really? Over 100 applicants? That is an astonishing number for this job. Where did you get this info.?

I have a general question for all the folks in SK. I have been living here for almost two years now. I grew up in Dallas and high school sports were absolutely huge. I have been to most of the home football games and several basketball and baseball games. The community apathy for the sports is awful. The football team, at least in my opinion, was pretty good two years ago. This past year they were not very good and at times did not play hard. The basketball team this year is in a word..terrible. And the girls team may be even worse. Last years baseball team was not even competitive in the 4 games I saw. What's the deal? If you listen to the fans, what few there are, they complain about coaching. But with all the sports struggling the way they have, I have a hard time believing it is all coaching. I hope the new football coach, as well as the new baseball coach, get it turned around.

Last I read the AD was quoted in the paper saying that there had been 19 applicants & they were cutting off apps less than 1 week from that article.

I believe those numbers to be much more accurate than the 100 plus number posted elsewhere in this thread. I do know that one of those applicants has been hired and named as the head coach of another East Tennessee area high school.

I also believe that no one has been offered the head coaching position at South-Doyle yet, so it hasn't been turned down as has been rumored.

South Doyle High School has narrowed their search. Letters went out this past week.....rejecting several applicants...and hundred plus applied . Good luck to the winner!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

MY 2 CENTS WORTH FROM SOMEONE WHO DID NOT GROW UP IN S. KNOX BUT DOES HAVE A CHILD WHO IS A RETURNING STARTER ON THE FOOTBALL TEAM.

I HAVE OFTEN WONDERED ABOUT THE COMMUNITY SPIRIT.I HAVE WONDERED IF PART OF THE REASON IS THAT SOUTH DOYLE IS MADE UP OF SEVERAL OLD HIGH SCHOOLS...SOUTH,YOUNG,SOUTH YOUNG AND DOYLE.I HAVE WONDERED THAT SINCE THE BUILDING IS SO FAR FROM MOST OF THE COMMUNITY AND BUSINESSES THAT IT HAS BECOME AN AFTERTHOUGHT AND THEN YOU COUPLE THAT WITH LOSING RECORDS AND IT BECOMES EVEN MORE OF AN AFTERTHOUGHT.

JUST MY THOUGHTS...

Any updates? Also, observer who are sum of the kids the new coach will be counting on?

WITHOUT GOING INTO MUCH DETAIL,THE MAIN PLAYER WILL OF COURSE BE CONLEY AT QB.

AFTERTHAT IT WILL BE A MIXTURE OF RETURNING PLAYERS SUCH AS WHITT,WHITE,BAMA,WOLFENBARGER,CARMACK,WENDER,ROGERS,BOLDEN,BIG JOE,MASON,SWAGGERTY AND WHOEVER ELSE STEPS UP FROM THE FRESHMEN RANKS.

IT WILL BE A REBUILDING PROJECT,BUT WITH A NEW REGION TO PLAY IN ...WHO KNOWS.

I UNDERSTAND THAT THE SEARCH HAS BEEN NARROWED TO 5 PEOPLE AND THOSE WILL BE INTERVIEWED THIS WEEK BY THE AD ,PRINCIPAL AND SCHOOL BOARD REP AND AN ANNOUNCEMENT WILL BE MADE NEXT WEEK.

WITHOUT GOING INTO MUCH DETAIL,THE MAIN PLAYER WILL OF COURSE BE CONLEY AT QB.

AFTERTHAT IT WILL BE A MIXTURE OF RETURNING PLAYERS SUCH AS WHITT,WHITE,BAMA,WOLFENBARGER,CARMACK,WENDER,ROGERS,BOLDEN,BIG JOE,MASON,SWAGGERTY AND WHOEVER ELSE STEPS UP FROM THE FRESHMEN RANKS.

IT WILL BE A REBUILDING PROJECT,BUT WITH A NEW REGION TO PLAY IN ...WHO KNOWS.

I UNDERSTAND THAT THE SEARCH HAS BEEN NARROWED TO 5 PEOPLE AND THOSE WILL BE INTERVIEWED THIS WEEK BY THE AD ,PRINCIPAL AND SCHOOL BOARD REP AND AN ANNOUNCEMENT WILL BE MADE NEXT WEEK.

The QB is back? That is good. I thought he was a pretty good player. If I remember correctly, all the backs were seniors. Am I forgetting someone at RB?

The QB is back? That is good. I thought he was a pretty good player. If I remember correctly, all the backs were seniors. Am I forgetting someone at RB?

No,I think you sre right,all the starting running backs were seniors,however,there were 2 underclassmen who had a lot of speed.The problem is the line,where the top 7 have graduated.

I mean, I talked to one of the players the other day.. He said Spring Practice begins in 2 weeks, therefore, they need to hurry up and make a hire...

In my opinion, since its taking so long I think Clark Duncan is coming out of retirement to become the coach... I still think Stanton Stevens should get the job but hey who ever listens to me.. LOL