South Doyle

delayofgame

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that it was coming this morning, but since it came from an off the record source I couldn't really say anything here.

What's really interesting is that Duncan's former team, Powell, opens the season at - drumroll please - South-Doyle. Teacher in Duncan against pupil in Matt Lowe. That is going to be quite an evening.

Old skewl vs new skewl

new skewl wins for sure

Maybe Clark Duncan can get the real players to come out and play this year..

And from talking with him, I believe that is one of his primary early goals. Clark will do a good job at South-Doyle. He is excited about the future of football at South-Doyle. He is putting together a good staff and I believe that Clark will have his team competitive sooner rather than later in the new district that the Cherokees will be in.

The opening game will certainly be no cake walk for Powell. There will be a lot of hoopla surrounding it and a lot of emotions on both sides. While Powell has definitely had the upper hand in the series, most of those games have been tough physical football games. I expect the August 21 opener to be another one of those tough football games and I can assure you that Coach Lowe and his staff aren't going to take anything for granted.

Well things will look up at SD before long. Let the recruting wars begin between Powell, SD, Central and Fulton.

On a completely different note, I think wild rooster is a rumor machine. He mentioned 4 people for the Oak Ridge job in 4 days, Pemberton, Laurendine, Daniels, Kerr. Locked in cinch for the Heritage job was Wilks and Larry Stevens as a front runner for the SD job. Then almost 2 months later he mentions Chandler as SD coach. Ask who is Swaffy, and ask about Ward. Then one week later he mentions Swafford has resigned from his previous job, swaffy / swafford, same guy, get it? Speaks of Catlett yesterday. This person, man/woman is a walking encyclopedia of names and rumors for coaching jobs in K-town.

Glad he didn't mention any one for the Halls job, cause I hope we can keep KJ around for years and years to come. Now if we can just get him to restructure his staff a little bit, I think we have a team that can go far into the playoffs.

Well things will look up at SD before long. Let the recruting wars begin between Powell, SD, Central and Fulton.

On a completely different note, I think wild rooster is a rumor machine. He mentioned 4 people for the Oak Ridge job in 4 days, Pemberton, Laurendine, Daniels, Kerr. Locked in cinch for the Heritage job was Wilks and Larry Stevens as a front runner for the SD job. Then almost 2 months later he mentions Chandler as SD coach. Ask who is Swaffy, and ask about Ward. Then one week later he mentions Swafford has resigned from his previous job, swaffy / swafford, same guy, get it? Speaks of Catlett yesterday. This person, man/woman is a walking encyclopedia of names and rumors for coaching jobs in K-town.

Glad he didn't mention any one for the Halls job, cause I hope we can keep KJ around for years and years to come. Now if we can just get him to restructure his staff a little bit, I think we have a team that can go far into the playoffs.

Recruiting wars? Please explain, DD. Powell is a closed zone school, just like Halls is. Unless one gets a miniorty transfer, one has to live in the Powell zone to go to Powell.

Names and specifics of those you are referring to, please, and I'm not talking about what happened in Knox County 15 years ago before the current transfer rules and policies went in to effect.

HTV,

You know as well as I do that if you want someone at your school, all you have to do is get them to move into your zone and they are eligible. You put your house up for sale and rent a house/apartment in another zone until your house sales. Simple, simple. Oh wait a minute, what happens if someone actually wants to buy your house in the other school zone. You dont sale it or you make the price so high they want buy it.

Is SD a closed school zone? I dont think so, therefore things that happened10, 15, 20 years ago will now reappear at SD.

HTV,

You know as well as I do that if you want someone at your school, all you have to do is get them to move into your zone and they are eligible. You put your house up for sale and rent a house/apartment in another zone until your house sales. Simple, simple. Oh wait a minute, what happens if someone actually wants to buy your house in the other school zone. You dont sale it or you make the price so high they want buy it.

Is SD a closed school zone? I dont think so, therefore things that happened10, 15, 20 years ago will now reappear at SD.

Newsflash for you, DD: If somebody actually moves in to a zone and enrolls in the school for that zone it isn't a transfer. It is attending the school that you are zoned for.

A family has to physically move and prove that they have before they can enroll in a school without a central office approved transfer.

Again, names and specifics, please.

Is South-Doyle a closed zone school? I don't know, and it really isn't relevant.

HTV,

Your testing my patience here. I said you can get someone to MOVE into a house/apartment in a zone and be eligible. You can still recruit. A coach talks to a player/parents and tells them to move into above mentioned house/apartment. Leaving there own house up for sale as 2-3 times its real value. Then when that kid graduates they, the parents move back into original house.

Specfics, the player at Alabama that played at Central then moved to Powell (name I cant remember). Had apartment in Powell but still had house in Central. Chavis son lived in Powell, rented house in Central and relatives lived in it, son played at Central. When I played at Halls, Powell had a QB and a tail back that lived in AE's zone that played at Powell. Halls even had a player that lived in Gibbs that played at Halls, so dont tell me it dont happen. I just cant remmeber there names. 'And now you know the rest of the story" thats a newsflash from Paul Harvay.

HTV,

Your testing my patience here. I said you can get someone to MOVE into a house/apartment in a zone and be eligible. You can still recruit. A coach talks to a player/parents and tells them to move into above mentioned house/apartment. Leaving there own house up for sale as 2-3 times its real value. Then when that kid graduates they, the parents move back into original house.

Specfics, the player at Alabama that played at Central then moved to Powell (name I cant remember). Had apartment in Powell but still had house in Central. Chavis son lived in Powell, rented house in Central and relatives lived in it, son played at Central. When I played at Halls, Powell had a QB and a tail back that lived in AE's zone that played at Powell. Halls even had a player that lived in Gibbs that played at Halls, so dont tell me it dont happen. I just cant remmeber there names. 'And now you know the rest of the story" thats a newsflash from Paul Harvay.

OK, I told you to keep it to the current format of transfer/zoning rules, which went in to effect about 15 years ago in Knox County. Prior to that, students could transfer pretty much at will and a lot of shenangans went on county wide.

OK, now for Baron Huber, which I knew was going to come from you. I know Baron very well. He played at Powell with my son and he has spent a lot of time in my home.

The fact is that when the Hubers bought their home in Sterchi Hills, it was zoned Powell, which is one of the reasons why they bought there in the first place. While Baron was in middle school Knox County redrew zone boundries, sending him to Central instead. They went with that.

Baron played football for Central for three years, and after his junior year the family made the decision to move to Powell. Baron's mother is from Powell and her family still lives there. They wanted Baron to go to Powell and put their house on the market and bought a condo in the Powell zone. They physically moved and the first contact they had with Powell coaches was initiated by the Hubers. the Powell AD and coaches told the Hubers that they needed to move in to the zone and Baron would have to enroll at Powell before they could talk with them about his playing football. That's how it went down, the then AD at Powell made that clear to the Hubers, and they moved and Baron enrolled at Powell right before Christmas of his junior year. He wasn't recruited and nothing in violation of either Knox County nor TSSAA rules took place.

Try again. That patience thing goes both ways. If you are going to make accusations, please have something concrete to back it up instead of just rumor and innuendo.

OK, I told you to keep it to the current format of transfer/zoning rules, which went in to effect about 15 years ago in Knox County. Prior to that, students could transfer pretty much at will and a lot of shenangans went on county wide.

OK, now for Baron Huber, which I knew was going to come from you. I know Baron very well. He played at Powell with my son and he has spent a lot of time in my home.

The fact is that when the Hubers bought their home in Sterchi Hills, it was zoned Powell, which is one of the reasons why they bought there in the first place. While Baron was in middle school Knox County redrew zone boundries, sending him to Central instead. They went with that.

Baron played football for Central for three years, and after his junior year the family made the decision to move to Powell. Baron's mother is from Powell and her family still lives there. They wanted Baron to go to Powell and put their house on the market and bought a condo in the Powell zone. They physically moved and the first contact they had with Powell coaches was initiated by the Hubers. the Powell AD and coaches told the Hubers that they needed to move in to the zone and Baron would have to enroll at Powell before they could talk with them about his playing football. That's how it went down, the then AD at Powell made that clear to the Hubers, and they moved and Baron enrolled at Powell right before Christmas of his junior year. He wasn't recruited and nothing in violation of either Knox County nor TSSAA rules took place.

Try again. That patience thing goes both ways. If you are going to make accusations, please have something concrete to back it up instead of just rumor and innuendo.

MY OH MY....I BELIEVE WHAT IS REALLY AFFECTING SD THESE DAYS ARE KIDS TRANSFERRING TO AE.