Dist 13

dcsoftball

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just know about a couple of teams. Westview returns 7 starters from their 35-13-1 team that won the district and region championships and made a second straight trip to state. Milan brings back 8 starters from their 17-18 team that finished district runner-up.

Talented pitchers on both teams. Shanna Chappell and Shaylon Robb for Westview, and Alex Williams for Milan.

It sounds like the Lady Choctaws will have another talented team. I think Gibson Co. only graduated 3 seniors, too. (But one of those is all-district Katie Davis, who will play for Union University this spring.)

13AA is a very competitive district during the regular season and tournament. Even had some success against traditionally strong 14AA in regionals. Maybe we send a team to state for the third consecutive year!

• 3 weeks later...

I am definitely NOT a dyer county Squaktaw fan but if they don't win the dist. tourney and the region something is amiss. I've seen the core of that team since they were 11, maybe younger, and there is some real talent there. It's just needs to be steered in the right direction. Unfortunately, talent does NOT equal success. Talent+Execution = Success. Check the egos at the gate and they could be really tough. Otherwise, the ship will sink.

Just know about a couple of teams. Westview returns 7 starters from their 35-13-1 team that won the district and region championships and made a second straight trip to state. Milan brings back 8 starters from their 17-18 team that finished district runner-up.

Talented pitchers on both teams. Shanna Chappell and Shaylon Robb for Westview, and Alex Williams for Milan.

We might have a good idea about how good Westveiw will be this year after they play Trinity in the Obion play day on Mar 7th.

As for Milan they do have 3 freshman moving up this year who I've seen playing travel ball that could have an immediate impact on the success that team on offense & defense- Kendall Daniels, Madison Ballard & Ashley Fuller. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Kendall is very competent player

on defense & hits well.

Madison is capable of playing anywhere on the field as well but could one day be

the best first basmen to come out of WTn.

Ashley is also solid on defense with alot of power at the plate.

Good luck to everyone! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• 3 weeks later...

District Predictions

1) Obion Co. ( Senior Loaded )

2) Milan ( Will have the hitting to get it done )

3) Westview ( only lost 2 or 3 starters )

4) Gibson Co. ( Will the pitching step up? )

5) Dyer Co. ( Back on track this year but will it be enough )

6) Dyersburg ( Pitching will be a tough replacement )

7) Crockett Co. ( young )

• 2 weeks later...

What about the pitching in District 13AA?

I know Obion Co. has the Eaves girl that battle injury most of last season. Westview has a few talented pitchers from what I hear. What about Dyer Co. I know they have a lot of talent in the field and power at the plate but what about on the mound, what kind of pitching do they have?

Obion Co county has a pretty good team they have 5 good seniors and some key juniors that if they get it all together they will be a team to watch

Watched Crockett vs Milan today. Pitching duel till base running errors, fielding errors caught up with Milan. Milan had the game won 2 -1, after CC was up 1-0 in the 6th I think. Milan was a sleep on the bases and CC ended up winning 4-1 in 10.