Tri-County Seven

krichunaka

Let me tell you something Last Word and "Boy" George. We may need spell check up here, but what you guys need like many other creekers is to grow a set. You all get on here and bash coaches and stir up trouble while hiding behind your user names. My wife works for the school system, so I know about getting in free to games. I was just coining a phrase with the 5 dollar thing. As for jobs, I've got a good one. A job in the school system would be a big step down for me. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Maybe you need to get off the Pabst and try to set a good example for your players instead of getting on here crying and making excuses. Its all the Creekers have ever done. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The information I garnered was from the TSSAA. Incidentally, anyone can call

them. I know the allegations. I know what their stance was concerning them.

I also know that there were several other accusations and threats, aside from the

ones responded to by the TSSAA. None of which held water.

scoremore,

Great post? Thanks for putting things into proper perspective.

Daddysgirl,

Yours was a remarkable post! Nobody to date, has explained this better.

Many of us (and especially me) have become very offensive, or defensive, depending on

one's individual opinions; and as a result of this, I think that I might have misjudged you,

earlier. At any rate, Thanks for coming back.

Bleacherfan,

Also a terrific post! A great analysis.

IT SEEMS LIKE THE LAST WORD IS MORE CONCERNED WITH WHO IS AT THE GAMES, WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND WHO THEY ARE WITH INSTEAD OF SUPPORTING THE TEAMS THEMSELVES. DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE GAMES? DID YOU NOTICE THAT COACH CHAMBERS WAS AT FRIDAY NIGHT'S GAME AND THE GIRLS WON? NO CONGRATULATIONS, NO WAY TO GO, NOTHING. DID YOU KNOW THERE WAS A GAME LAST NIGHT?

DID YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE ON COACH CHAMBERS AT THE CLOUDLAND GAME TO KNOW EVERYTHING THAT HE WAS SAYING? WAS HE SITTING BY HIMSELF OR WERE OTHERS WITH HIM? HAVE YOU STOPPED TO THINK THAT MAYBE HE WAS HAVING A SOCIAL CONVERSATION AND LAUGHING AT SOMETHING BESIDES THE BALLGAME?

ARE YOU A PARENT OF ONE OF THE GIRLS ON THE TEAM? IF SO, THEN YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN TALK TO HIM ABOUT ANY ISSUES THAT YOU MAY HAVE OR HAD. IF YOU HAVE SUCH ISSUES WITH THE MAN WHY DON'T YOU PUT ON YOUR BIG BOY PANTS AND GO TALK TO HIM FACE TO FACE INSTEAD OF HIDING HERE AND MAKING SUCH RIDICULOUS REMARKS. THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT HIM! IT IS ABOUT THE 7 TEAMS IN THE COUNTY AND HOW WELL THEY HAVE DONE. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT AND SUPPORT YOUR TEAM INSTEAD OF STIRRING UP SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER.

The last time I checked I wasn't the one who brought this up. I don't think it's TheLastWord that is concerned, it's the Lady Rangers, Krich, king/zAZa90(for reasons unknown) and the fans of the program. Last night's game, no. Again, the last time I checked, TheLastWord didn't bring up the "laughing"(try reading). Parent, maybe, maybe not, doesn't matter reguarding this issue, now does it. TheLastWord didn't "make remarks", just responded to them(again, read). Your typing to the wrong one about"stirring"(IRONIC wouldn't you say). Support the team, that is all that has been done on here by TheLastWord(once again, READ).

Let me tell you something Last Word and "Boy" George. We may need spell check up here, but what you guys need like many other creekers is to grow a set. You all get on here and bash coaches and stir up trouble while hiding behind your user names. My wife works for the school system, so I know about getting in free to games. I was just coining a phrase with the 5 dollar thing. As for jobs, I've got a good one. A job in the school system would be a big step down for me. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Maybe you need to get off the Pabst and try to set a good example for your players instead of getting on here crying and making excuses. Its all the Creekers have ever done. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hay man, I was with you, remember. I was the one who typed that it would be a good fit for both. Krich agreed with you also, thats two creekers that were with you.(seperate topics, but still with you)

The information I garnered was from the TSSAA. Incidentally, anyone can call

them. I know the allegations. I know what their stance was concerning them.

I also know that there were several other accusations and threats, aside from the

ones responded to by the TSSAA. None of which held water.

Did the TSSAA let the coach go? If not, you may have to dig a little deeper to get to the "truth". Keep us posted(no punn intended). If none of this held water, then how did all of this go down? You have read the opinions of other posters(don't count TheLastWord or rival school posters, or for that matter yours), Lady Ranger fans only. When does the good/well being of the few(or one) out weigh the good/well being of the manny(the team)? What is done is done, let it be. The questions were more for thought, not answering.(the girls read this stuff, you and I BOTH know it, here is YOUR/MY chance for this to be The Last Word on the coaching subject)

I for one am ready to get back to the subject of basketball. I think everyone has got to tell their opinions, feelings, etc. on the subject of Coach Chambers. Myself included. But that is what this board is about. Everyone has their chance to speak their mind. That's what makes this fun and interesting. Sometimes we do get to the point where it seems to be a battle to get in the "last word". But I do feel we all get "rich" with everyone's insight. Everyone does have a right to sit in a "bleacher" and watch games. It doesn't matter if you are a "daddy", momma, friend or foe. Hopefully we all do it for the right reasons as I know we all love to "coach" each team and tell what we thought shoulda, coulda or what we woulda have done. "Lord" knows we are all great coaches from our own viewpoints and their is nothing wrong with that. We all are the "king" for a moment and express ourselves to each other. Agree or disagree we all get to share this with each other. I hope we all can "roll" with the punches given here and continue to do this. We all don't need to be "dog" stubborn and learn when to "pass" on to the next topic. I'm doing that with this subject.

Coachh, did you go to the HV/Elizabethton game last night? Good game. HV leading by 7 with 3 minutes to go. Shouda, coulda and I'm sure if you or I were coaching woulda won the game. Well at least if you were. HV went into panic mode and gave Elizabethton the chance to win. Elizabethton took advantage of the opportunity and made a great run at the end and then they did what it took to win at the end. Just wondering your take on the game.

Krich, according to the paper neither Unaka or UH played very well in the first half. The paper said UH had a lot of good shots but just didn't make them. Made it sound as if Unaka didn't play very good defense early. Any truth to that? Hard to tell exactly what happens by just reading the paper. Your insight on that impression.

Screen,

My take on the Elizabethton at Happy Valley game is that should not have been that close and I do not think the next one will be. Happy Valley actually should have won, but appeared to freeze up against the Cyclone press and they became hesitant to take the big shots at crunch time. Powell and Pietrowski simply decided to win the game and did it. Elizabethton's mistake, in my opinion, was letting Happy Valley dictate tempo and turn the game in to a half-court chess match for 3 and a half quarters. The Lady Cyclones also failed to stay close to Byars and allowed her enough wide open looks to score 17 points.

To beat Happy Valley you have to stop Bowling from penetrating and scoring on drives, smother Byars and do not let her shoot, and deny Ward inside. I believe the Lady Cyclones can do all three. Powell can stay in front of Bowling, Fritz can smother Byars, and Pietrowski and Jefferson can neutralize Ward. I would love to see the Cyclones press and trap full court next time. I think they will and will win round two by double digits.

next week please lets try to talk about the games played and not the "days of chambers life"

i know everyone has a opinion but really there is nothing we can do about the situation, just

go enjoy the games being played. you may lose this one by 30, but you might win the next

one by 30, remember they are kids and in 20 years it wont really matter that much,cause

we will be talking about thier kids

Screen,

My take on the Elizabethton at Happy Valley game is that should not have been that close and I do not think the next one will be. Happy Valley actually should have won, but appeared to freeze up against the Cyclone press and they became hesitant to take the big shots at crunch time. Powell and Pietrowski simply decided to win the game and did it. Elizabethton's mistake, in my opinion, was letting Happy Valley dictate tempo and turn the game in to a half-court chess match for 3 and a half quarters. The Lady Cyclones also failed to stay close to Byars and allowed her enough wide open looks to score 17 points.

To beat Happy Valley you have to stop Bowling from penetrating and scoring on drives, smother Byars and do not let her shoot, and deny Ward inside. I believe the Lady Cyclones can do all three. Powell can stay in front of Bowling, Fritz can smother Byars, and Pietrowski and Jefferson can neutralize Ward. I would love to see the Cyclones press and trap full court next time. I think they will and will win round two by double digits.

Sorry Coachh, and I really do want to move on to next week; but, the halfcourt game (to me)

favors the Lady Cyclones. Powell, Pietrowski, and Jefferson are a terrific drive and dish paint

game, especially with Kamra hitting from the perimeter. I do agree about staying close to

Byers; she's ruined many-a-coach's day. But, it would appear that Elizabethton would do better

against Ward in the halfcourt. Just some parting shots.

Now to move on.

Krich, what lives we lead to be on here posting after 1 in the morning. Are we crazy or what? Just some comments on the Coach Chambers situation. I don't want to get into a big debate about what Coach Chambers is doing intentionally or not. I'm just giving you my thoughts and take on the situation. Basically it comes down to Coach Chambers himself. If he feels he is helping them by being there, then he should go. If not then he shouldn't. I really don't think it matters if they are 3 and 14 or 14 and 3. Does Coach Chambers and the new coach talk to each other about the team? Coach Parkey left in a different manner than Chambers so I don't think it can be viewed as a simuliar situation. I know it must be hard on Coach Chambers not to be a part of something he has worked so hard to build. But the one thing that really bothers me is how can he go somewhere that did that to him. I know he must be a better person than me. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction. What if he does get a new coaching job? We he continue to visit the team and place that did this? I wouldn't think so. So why not stop it now? There a lot of good games out there to watch if he is just going to watch basketball. He will always have this team in his heart. His relationship with his players will never be taken away. He just doesn't need to be a physical part of the program any more. For his own benefit, he needs to leave it behind him and start over. I'm sure everytime he goes he has to feel some type of resentment to Unaka for what was done. Not the players but the school and county. Again maybe he is just a lot better of a person than me. That is my take on the situation for what it's worth.

You hit the nail on the head. He is a good person. He lives, eats and sleeps basketball. Those girls and that team were his life. He doesn't come to the game to cause disruption, he goes because he loves to watch his "former" team play. He did and has nothing but the girls best interest at heart. He will continue to come to the games and I'm with ZAZA if I pay my 5 bucks, I have as much right there as anyone. Lets make a bet shall we, in 2 years Wes will not be at unaka and their will be another "former" coach taking the reigns. The stage has been set, the wheels are in motion and whether Wes knows it or not, he's just a stepping stone for someone else on THEIR way to his job. I don't think he stopped to think that if they did that to Chambers, how easily it would be to do it to him. Yeah I'm a Chambers fan, didn't have one play, but I know he's a good man and a good coach. But that doesn't seem to matter on the creek.