district 11AA

ballbasher30

Pieratt can not pitch this week and may be done pitching the rest of the year. I do not know about batting but SC pitching has really hurt with their top two both hurt. Dakota Robertson has done good so far but errors are killing them. They only gave up one earned to Fairview and three of Northwest's fourteen in their lost there.

I'll say one thing about Pieratt I play summer ball with him and he is a force on the mound hate facing him love having him on my team this would be a huge loss for SC

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any update on Pieratts arm?

Don't under estimate Pieratt....he's still hitting homers....just some minor soreness....he'll be back on the mound ...no doubt about that and throwing them hard!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Don't under estimate Pieratt....he's still hitting homers....just some minor soreness....he'll be back on the mound ...no doubt about that and throwing them hard!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I wasn't under estimating pieratt. i have no doubt he will be back.. i was just checking up and i did say i hope everything works out for him.....so

in other action Monday:

MC blasts Fairview 15-0 with Mills on the mound.

Sycamore blasts SC 14-2

Any word on the Harpeth-Cheatham game?

it appears from the scores that these games were over from the beginning with Sycamore having a 7 run second inning and MC scoring 10 in the first.

Rematches today and predicitons:

Harpeth at Cheatham: I can't imagine any one losing to Cheatham this year.

Wavo at CW- CW pulls this one out at home

MC at Fairview: MC has too much hitting for Fairview to compete

Sycamore at SC: SC has a shot when Pieratt pitches, but heard last week he had a sore arm and was not the dominant pitcher against Fairview as he was in the past. If he goes this game could be close, if he doesnt pitch this is over in 5.

Harpeth and Cheatham Co. split 1 to 1 in their 2 game series. Harpeth had to forfeit last Monday's game due to personal reasons. The two actually played on the field Tuesday and Harpeth won 12-7.

ks who would be players to watch at harpeth?

Foriest is their #1. He's decent. Too early to say about everyone else. Devin Presley and Kelby Isbell hit bombs against Loretto at McNairy Central but the fields in Savannah aren't as deep as in our district. Lot's of young guys that could step up. There's been one good ball game and that was against Loretto. The rest have been blow outs one way or the other. Harpeth is deep, but young and they don't have the upperclassman leadership they've had in past years. Lot's of guys need to step up and grow up.

On another note, there's a couple of things stuck in my craw. One, the district agrees before the season ever starts on how they are going to play district games with JV first and Varsity afterwards so that the baseball gate can actually make a profit. Now, after the season starts, the dang schedule starts changing, JV games getting dropped and Varsity moved up to 4:00 and that kind of crap. It's no wonder that baseball is considered a minor sport. They play the dang games when everybody is at work. Unless you don't have lights, you are cutting your programs throat to play Varsity games right after school. Put a time limit on the JV game of 90 minutes, start it at 4:30, wrap it up by 6:00, fix the batter's box, take infield and start the varsity game in front of the maximum crowd at 6:30. If there's no JV game, start the varsity game at 6:00. Make more at the gate, make more at the concession stand and build interest in your program. This is not rocket science. Basketball and football manage to play their games when they can get the maximum gate.

just got back from south beach lovely weather i say !!! looks like tennessee had there spring showers !! lol mon loks like a go and tues is iffy !! saw where wavo and the wood had a great match and sycamore won to ?? who are the match ups for this week ??

CW goes to MC today- JV- 4:30 V-7... Then tomorrow MC travels to the wood JV- 4:30 V-7

Foriest is their #1. He's decent. Too early to say about everyone else. Devin Presley and Kelby Isbell hit bombs against Loretto at McNairy Central but the fields in Savannah aren't as deep as in our district. Lot's of young guys that could step up. There's been one good ball game and that was against Loretto. The rest have been blow outs one way or the other. Harpeth is deep, but young and they don't have the upperclassman leadership they've had in past years. Lot's of guys need to step up and grow up.

On another note, there's a couple of things stuck in my craw. One, the district agrees before the season ever starts on how they are going to play district games with JV first and Varsity afterwards so that the baseball gate can actually make a profit. Now, after the season starts, the dang schedule starts changing, JV games getting dropped and Varsity moved up to 4:00 and that kind of crap. It's no wonder that baseball is considered a minor sport. They play the dang games when everybody is at work. Unless you don't have lights, you are cutting your programs throat to play Varsity games right after school. Put a time limit on the JV game of 90 minutes, start it at 4:30, wrap it up by 6:00, fix the batter's box, take infield and start the varsity game in front of the maximum crowd at 6:30. If there's no JV game, start the varsity game at 6:00. Make more at the gate, make more at the concession stand and build interest in your program. This is not rocket science. Basketball and football manage to play their games when they can get the maximum gate.

I agree 100%