district 11AA

ballbasher30

CW returns just about everyone minus centerfielder, shortstop, rightfielder, second baseman, and two arms. but alot of guys return this year after having plenty of playing time last year. their one two on the staff return, and hooper could also start district games. should have pretty good depth everywhere on the field. probably not gonna drop bombs especially on CW's field. they remind me of a small ball, chicago white sox team from a couple of years ago.

in my opinion, i think they are missing one final piece that will put this whole team together. A leader. i know a couple of guys that would make great leaders, but will they step up??? if someone does, Creek Wood could be the team to beat. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My source on Sycamore says that they are appearing to be a solid defensive team and a decent hitting team. With 4 or 5 experienced seniors they should be in the hunt for a district title if the district is down again. I would be willing to bet that no district 11aa team will get out of regions anyway..

Let me correct this comment above, if the district is down then sycamore will win it. They will be in the hunt regardless. even if every other team is good.

Well utmc218 I didn't say that they were terrible. I am just talking about last year. Sycamore ran through most every team last year until it came to crunch time and that little freshman from Waverly shut them down and had the game winning hit. I am an avid district 11AA fan and I have watched Sycamore for years have the best talent in the district and blow it. I have heard that the old coach was the reason for that, we will find out i guess since he is no longer there to be blamed.

Now, understand I am not against sycamore by no means. As I said before one of my co workers.good friend is a parent on the team.

Does anyone have any news on Montgomery Central? Maybe a couple players could update me. All I get is hearsay until games start up.

I don't know about Sycamore 'having the best talent for years'. Harpeth's had about 12 sign scholarships in the last little while. From about 2005-2007 they were as solid as anyone. Josh Knight could be an Indian killer from time to time, but I don't think Harpeth took a back seat to anybody in 11AA in those years.

I'm going to take a shot at predicting the district. I haven't seen a scrimmage yet, so this is by the seat of my pants. Harpeth is really young, but they have solid freshman and sophomore classes. They're a year away imo.

1. Creekwood

2. Sycamore

3. Waverly

4. Fairview

5. Harpeth

6. Montgomery Central

7. Stewart County

8. Cheatham

Four everyday players and 2 arms is a lot to lose boobie, but I hear what you're saying. Creekwood has a lot of upperclassmen.

Glad you're back to posting some.

yeah its different when you arent actually playin.

not all four players were everyday players, so other players seen plenty of playing time. as for the two arms, one was a district reliever and the other started thursday-saturday games and relieved few innings in district games. they return donalson and warwick who were their district starters last year, never really clear who was the one or two. Hooper is probably the one who is making the one-two debatable for CW. this is all in my opinion by the way. cox has the potiential to maybe relieve district, and parker put up many innings last year. this team has alot of experience.

I don't know about Sycamore 'having the best talent for years'. Harpeth's had about 12 sign scholarships in the last little while. From about 2005-2007 they were as solid as anyone. Josh Knight could be an Indian killer from time to time, but I don't think Harpeth took a back seat to anybody in 11AA in those years.

I'm going to take a shot at predicting the district. I haven't seen a scrimmage yet, so this is by the seat of my pants. Harpeth is really young, but they have solid freshman and sophomore classes. They're a year away imo.

1. Creekwood

2. Sycamore

3. Waverly

4. Fairview

5. Harpeth

6. Montgomery Central

7. Stewart County

8. Cheatham

Please explain putting creekwood at number one. not arguing just want to hear your reasoning.

Scrimmage with Mt. Juliet went well. Lost 5 2 in Varsity and 10 5 in JV. Second Varsity game got away with Creek Wood never mounting any offense and D making a few untimely errors. It was windy but very fun. Arms threw well for the most part. Still missing a couple of pieces from hoops squad. Pleased overall. Wish we could play 6 hours each day. Forecast isn't looking very good. We travel to Smyrna this Sat. Anyone else playing. Careful thanks for info, anxouis to see how Sycamore does this year. I know when the Wood and the eagles get together it is INTENSE, but it seems like it is intense when we play anyone in district. Deerhunter who is looking at Stewart's number 2 here recently. 30PEACE!!!!!!

Sycamore had the best talent last year hands down!! Correct? If anyone would like to argue, please do. 05 they won the season if I am not mistaken. So that would make two years of the last four in which they did not win the tourney. Which brings me back to my original point, they blow it every year when it comes to the tourney. Thats my only point.

Now I will predict the district IMO. This is just the reg season, cause we know Sycamore's past now right?

1. Sycamore (Too many arms and 5 maybe 6 returning starters/big senior class)

2. Waverly (Maybe the honeymoon remains with Purcell, I dang sure won't pick against him, but he cant beat Sycamore twice)

3. FairView (heres my dark horse, they made a run in the tourney last year, lets see if it carries over)

4. Creek Wookd (Very easily could win the district, and they are my predictiion to win the tourney)

5. Montgomery Central (I would love to put us higher but I can't, but we are better than harpeth)

6. Harpeth (Weird team to me, I really think they could shock 11AA this year, if not this year then next for sure)

7) Stewart County (Sorry Pieratt you cant pitch and play 8 other positions, shoulda came the Central)

8) Cheatham (Duh, a football coach now? C'mon Cheatham. No, in all seriousness Finely is a fine young man and will teach them alot. I am pulling for him!!

Feel free to call me an idiot, but this is just my opinion. Creek Wood, I mean no disgrace in putting you 4th I just feel that you won't be at your peek until tourney time. Which is why you will win the 2009 trophy. I gurantee that. You guys have always been a good tourney team. FairView, make me proud, don't make me look like a JackA**. And Sycamore, maybe these new coaches will be the change ya'll need. That's all my friend talks about is how much he loves these new young "firey" coaches. (That was their exact words) Waverly will be okay this year, I just wonder about their bats. Good Luck to every single 11AA team, I truly mean that. I enjoy watching every home and away series with Montgomery Central, and the tourney. Speaking of, where will the 2009 tourney be held?