district 11AA

ballbasher30

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will coachrop!

Harpeth worked on the field today getting ready for the season. What a day for some baseball! Of course it will be in the 30's and drizzlin' rain when the season starts but days like today are what gets my baseball blood pumpin'! Coach gave out the gear. The boys have some tight caps. The team cap is solid white with royal blue piping on 5 seams, royal eyelets and button and a royal HH on the front and a royal bill. A huge improvement over the royal with white panel they've worn the last 2 years imo. The alternate cap is black with a gray and blue Wahoo on the front with blue piping on 2 seams, the eyelets and the button with the Harpeth spear on the back. Nice looking caps. They're bringing back the old Dodger style whites due to popular demand to go with their other 3 sets.

Everybody will be on the field tomorrow except the 9 basketball guys and the 3 wrestlers, but they are chomping at the bit.

Now that is what i am talking about KS, INFO, tidbits, KNOWLEDGE!. Not taking a jab here but anything has to better than the multi-colored panels. I here that the Harpeth Indians have been working about half strength b/c of participation in other sports. Look for Harpeth to be much improved this year if the young arms step up. Congrats to Coach Woods and the "rasslers" for making state duals. How many on the squad this year at Harpeth. We had a work day ourselves at the Wood. Trying to get the yard in playing shape. Does anyone scrimmage this week? Creek Wood hosts Mt. Juliet Sat. Feb 14 at Creek Wood. Varsity action starts at 11:00am. Yes I am. 30PEACE!!!!!!!

Somewhere around 28 plus or minus. There will be a full complement of JV games as well to accommodate two huge groups in the freshmen and sophomores classes. Eddie Pomeroy has taken over the middle school coaching job which should pay dividends down the road too hopefully.

I don't think the old tri-color Expos caps will be making a comeback anytime soon. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

One request coachrop. Move the speakers up the poles @ Creekwood. My eardrums may never be the same!

I know Central is looking decent this year, Montgomery that is. It really all depends on some of their juniors. They have a lefty that will throw some people off, but isn't untouchable. I think we will be 3rd or 4th this year depending on how things shake out. I also hear that Sycamore has hit the ground running with their new coaching staff in place. A co-worker of mine is a parent on the team, and they say that this staff has inspired the whole town. We will see though. I still think that Waverly and their two leftys are the team to beat. Dont ever count out Creek Wood or Harpeth though. Hey Coach Rop, how is your young men looking? -Go Indians

Meh. Coach Phil will be fine. He's in his second year and has Loren Turner assisting. I don't know what the 'not so great things' would be. Every rookie coach is going to have to feel their away around the first year. I have no complaints. If you read this message board long enough, you'll find a lot of folks complaining about a coach. I wouldn't put much stock in that. Harpeth's biggest problem last year is that they lost almost all of their production from the previous year to college scholarships. This is year 2 of a rebuilding project.

The Indians lost Andy Brown who was all state as a junior and was working through an Achille's injury most of the high school season last year, Ben Howell who was their #2 on the mound and Joseph Mangrum at third. They also lost sophomore backup catcher Kyle Scholl who transferred to Sycamore. They are freshmen/sophomore heavy with 4 seniors and I believe 3 juniors. Drew Johnson returns as their #1 and there's 3 or 4 new arms that will compete for the #2 spot the way I see it. If the #2 pans out and Johnson is as effective as last year, they'll be ok on the hill and have a pretty solid defense. We'll have to see about the sticks. They need more consistent production in the 2 through 5 holes than they had last year. They're going to be young in several spots, but there's some talent in that youth.

We had a good opening day. Still rehabbing Montgomery's(cather) shoulder. We will see more about arms when we squad 2 morrow. Good to here about Syacamore. We just need to work to be better each day. We do havew several talented kids in all grades. 7 seniors 8 juniors. Lots of returning players. KS we have had that requesyt each year and have made n adjustment. C ya Friday in the gym.30PEACE!!! Rain Rain say away!

And Ks, how is Harpeth looking? I hear not so great thing about the head coach.. I don't want to use this forum for bashing coaches, but thats just what i hear.

you ask any coach their first couple of years they say .. "i didnt know its gonna be like this" .. Gezz ROCKY ,, when you lose 8 kids one year and before that 3 from state and 1 before that ,that went to state and a coach that leaves when he see talent level is headed down .. a small double AA school will hit a wall sometime ,, harpeth is that team and with a new coach it looks worse then it really is ..what is it that has everyone having coaches win now .. im sure harpeth will be back when no one knows .. what makes a coach look good ?? talented players ... you win the coach looks good , lose its the coaches fault ... yes some can change the game and pull out a win.. it doesnt happen every game its the players that win . ever think its the lack of talent of players ?? that every team rebuilds at some point !! dont come here if you think you gonna bash a coach !! young coach young players give it time !!

Like i said, I don't wanna bash coaches. I just wanted to start convo... I am excited to hear all of this info around the district. I will only be able to give info about Mont Central and a little about Sycamore. KS, this Scholl kid. Is he a big loss and a big add to Sycamore? My parent source at Sycamore does not know about him???? Coachrop, I have been to Creek Wood and thankyou for moving those speakers up.. My aged ears ring for days when my wife and i leave there

Well, you can't have too many catchers I don't guess. He played summer ball with those guys and was able to make a change is all. Catching is a double edged sword. Being able to catch will win you a spot on a lot of teams but I'd advise any catchers to find a second position to play. They ought to take ground balls at third every now and then anyways. Heck, I'd advise anybody to learn 3 or 4 positions. Catchers in the same class isn't always a good thing.

We had a good opening day. Still rehabbing Montgomery's(cather) shoulder. We will see more about arms when we squad 2 morrow. Good to here about Syacamore. We just need to work to be better each day. We do havew several talented kids in all grades. 7 seniors 8 juniors. Lots of returning players. KS we have had that requesyt each year and have made n adjustment. C ya Friday in the gym.30PEACE!!! Rain Rain say away!

We are making room for that "District 11-AA Championship" banner over here at CCCHS coachrop.