Just Pitchers

Coach Mo

All three of the high schools in Lawrence County made it to the Sub State last year and all three schools will have quality pitching again this year.

Summertown lost their two senior pitchers from last year, which will give a chance for junior Tasha Horne and freshman Courtney Grooms to be in the spotlight this season.

Loretto returns Caroline Ezell, who not only pitched them into the Sub State last year, but helped her Summer Travel team win a State Title in 2008.

Lawrence County has left handed senior Allison Blackwood returning along with two hard throwing sophomores in Kelsey Kemp and Shea Morris. All three helped lead their Travel teams to great seasons this past summer.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Casey Vincent is a very good left handed sophomore, but is Swan not a Senior this year? It's hard to take the starting job away from a Senior that can throw 60mph.

Good point..Swan led her team as a Junior, with the help of Vincent, to an 18 game winning streak taking the District and the Region Championship...awesome pitching from these girls and awesome leadership and teamwork...expect big things from these girls this year:) GO LADY RAIDERS

Good point..Swan led her team as a Junior, with the help of Vincent, to an 18 game winning streak taking the District and the Region Championship...awesome pitching from these girls and awesome leadership and teamwork...expect big things from these girls this year:) GO LADY RAIDERS

Correct me if I am wrong here "bring the heat" but didn't this team take off when Vincent broke into the line up? We listened to several games on the internet and we saw the game at with Soddy. We listened to the third Columbia game when Vincent pitched and Columbia had already beaten you guys twice earlier in the year. We also listened to the Blackman game where Vincent came in with the team down 2-1, pitched a shutout the rest of the game, hit a home run and got the win. I was told that Tullahoma also beat CC twice before Vincent pitched the win in the District tournament.

I distinctly remember your radio guys (who do a good job, by the way) talking about Vincent being the "leading hitter on the team". If that is not the case then maybe you can get with your radio guys so they can get us "distance fans" a better picture.

I am not saying Swan is not the leader...nor am I saying that she is not a great player...I am just saying that for some reason the Vincent kid seems underrated. Whats up with that?

Correct me if I am wrong here "bring the heat" but didn't this team take off when Vincent broke into the line up? We listened to several games on the internet and we saw the game at with Soddy. We listened to the third Columbia game when Vincent pitched and Columbia had already beaten you guys twice earlier in the year. We also listened to the Blackman game where Vincent came in with the team down 2-1, pitched a shutout the rest of the game, hit a home run and got the win. I was told that Tullahoma also beat CC twice before Vincent pitched the win in the District tournament.

I distinctly remember your radio guys (who do a good job, by the way) talking about Vincent being the "leading hitter on the team". If that is not the case then maybe you can get with your radio guys so they can get us "distance fans" a better picture.

I am not saying Swan is not the leader...nor am I saying that she is not a great player...I am just saying that for some reason the Vincent kid seems underrated. Whats up with that?

I am the radio guy and I want both girls in the line-up every game some way some how. Two very good pitchers that bring different styles to the circle. Both can D it up and both can hit the ball and have come up clutch.

Thanks for listening we try to be fair, but of course I'm for CC.

I am the radio guy and I want both girls in the line-up every game some way some how. Two very good pitchers that bring different styles to the circle. Both can D it up and both can hit the ball and have come up clutch.

One of my most prized possessions is a video tape of the Blackman game where Kristen started, then Casey came in. Great plays by Shelby Davis, Leslie Keele, Tiffany McCormick kept us in the game and then at the end in the 10th inning Blackman walks Vincent to load the bases and bring Swan to the plate. I have Casey on video pointing back at Swan saying "Finish it, Finish it". At which Swan stepped to the plate and Drove...I mean DROVE in the winning run. I think she would have hit that ball no matter who was pitching. She just was not going to be denied.

If you take one of those great kids out of the line up that win probably does not happen. Each of them including the kids in the dugout had a piece of that win.

My opinion...all of them are leaders. They are what sport is all about. I have no doubt each of them will be successful in anything they do...and that is far more important than softball.

This thread started about pitchers so I will finish with that. Speed of fastball, pitches, etc. All those are great abilities.

By far, in my opinion, the most important talent is the ability to not poison a team. There are a lot of great talents out there that don't have this.

We are lucky..we have two.

Keep your eye on Freshman Lindsey Fadnek from Coalfield in East Tenn. Lindsey started for Coalfield as an 8th grader last year and had a very good season. She lead her team to the schools 1st ever sub state game with a disappointing loss of 1-0 that keep them out of the Spring Fling. Lindsey pitched in 26 ball games last year and had 283 K's, 10 Shut Outs and 6 No Hitters. She was also very good at the plate last year with a .415 batting average. Lindsey made the Single A Tn Sports Writers All State Team along with many other district awards. Good Luck for 2009 "Go Jackets"

I am from Shelbyville, and I've got to say that yall do a good job broadcasting the Coffee County ball games. Putting those games on the radio is great. Other cities should do the same thing. Keep up the good work. Tell those Coffee County coaches to give that Lamb girl from Shelbyville a nice belt high fastball right down the middle.

I don't think that anyone could say that Vincent is underrated, Falcon. Every post on here has said that she is a good pitcher, and she is. Swan is just more of a "Power Pitcher" but they make a good 1 - 2 punch and since they are defending District and Region Champs should not have any trouble repeating this year.

I am from Shelbyville, and I've got to say that yall do a good job broadcasting the Coffee County ball games. Putting those games on the radio is great. Other cities should do the same thing. Keep up the good work. Tell those Coffee County coaches to give that Lamb girl from Shelbyville a nice belt high fastball right down the middle.

Thank You!! I don't understand why more stations don't broadcast softball, it's a quick moving game and fun to do. We now do the games on our 3 frequencies, INTERNET and FanCast. Fancast is what we use on the road so our fans and others can hear the broadcast at any Field on a FM channel. (It changes in each city) We let people know when we get to the game but normally it's 107.9. Oh by the way maybe a fastball in the dirt. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I don't think that anyone could say that Vincent is underrated, Falcon. Every post on here has said that she is a good pitcher, and she is. Swan is just more of a "Power Pitcher" but they make a good 1 - 2 punch and since they are defending District and Region Champs should not have any trouble repeating this year.

should not haave any trouble repeating this year. Now that is bulletin board material.

Regarding the Renfoes...anna renfroe doesnt even pitch for her travel teams laura ridell from usj (fr) is much better than anna and ellen is definately the best i really dont believe the renfroes will survive in knoxville when they cant even beat st. benedict most of those girls play for Germantown Gold (coach k's) who killed the Travel teams Ivy and Ellen played for. i just dont understand all the hype on the Renfroes they are great ball players but without Katie Henederson Trinity hasnt been able to compete as well as they did.

and what about brooke thomas (singed with union) from huntingdon she was all-state pitcher and Ivy and Ellen were not last year they were all -state infielders