Just Pitchers

Coach Mo

Regarding the Renfoes...anna renfroe doesnt even pitch for her travel teams laura ridell from usj (fr) is much better than anna and ellen is definately the best i really dont believe the renfroes will survive in knoxville when they cant even beat st. benedict most of those girls play for Germantown Gold (coach k's) who killed the Travel teams Ivy and Ellen played for. i just dont understand all the hype on the Renfroes they are great ball players but without Katie Henederson Trinity hasnt been able to compete as well as they did.

and what about brooke thomas (singed with union) from huntingdon she was all-state pitcher and Ivy and Ellen were not last year they were all -state infielders

Wow, jealous much? Well, I think Ellen, Anna, and Ivy are all really good players. They will survive in Knoxville. A pitcher does not totally make a team. If St. Benedict is made up of almost all Gold players it is no wonder Trinity cant beat them. Trinity is filled with girls who probably dont play much travel ball at all. Good luck to Trinity and the Renfroes. They are good kids.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the Renfoes...anna renfroe doesnt even pitch for her travel teams laura ridell from usj (fr) is much better than anna and ellen is definately the best i really dont believe the renfroes will survive in knoxville when they cant even beat st. benedict most of those girls play for Germantown Gold (coach k's) who killed the Travel teams Ivy and Ellen played for. i just dont understand all the hype on the Renfroes they are great ball players but without Katie Henederson Trinity hasnt been able to compete as well as they did.

and what about brooke thomas (singed with union) from huntingdon she was all-state pitcher and Ivy and Ellen were not last year they were all -state infielders

Are the Renfroes still at Trinity?

Wow, jealous much? Well, I think Ellen, Anna, and Ivy are all really good players. They will survive in Knoxville. A pitcher does not totally make a team. If St. Benedict is made up of almost all Gold players it is no wonder Trinity cant beat them. Trinity is filled with girls who probably dont play much travel ball at all. Good luck to Trinity and the Renfroes. They are good kids.

huntingdon beat st. benedict and they have only one girl that plays at that level and im not doubting the renfroes playing ability but ivy doesnt have the composure to make it great fielders and batters but tennessee will have to have one heck of a catcher and sports psycologist bc ivy couldnt compose herself with out katie henderson to keep her composed she just doesnt have the confidence in herself for some reason and trinity girls are good kids i know many of them and have played with or against most of them.

i was incorrect about them all being gold some of those girls used to be but not anymore. but most have played at that level. That still doesnt mean trinity doesnt have gold players they have two ivy and ellen both play for fury, but yet Huntingdon who is filled with girls who play "B" travel ball and only One that has done anything at the level of the Renfroe girls beat SBA twice.

i was incorrect about them all being gold some of those girls used to be but not anymore. but most have played at that level. That still doesnt mean trinity doesnt have gold players they have two ivy and ellen both play for fury, but yet Huntingdon who is filled with girls who play "B" travel ball and only One that has done anything at the level of the Renfroe girls beat SBA twice.

Ellen and Ivy played for the Southern Force last year. And only Ivy played Gold. Ellen was at the 16 ASA A Nationals. So what is it you are really trying to say???????

Ellen and Ivy played for the Southern Force last year. And only Ivy played Gold. Ellen was at the 16 ASA A Nationals. So what is it you are really trying to say???????

yes they played with southern force but they left to play with fury this fall im not sure why i just know when ivy signed fury had it on their page saying the they played this fall and were planning 09 with them. but my point was that trinity didnt lose to sba bc of lack of gold players. i just dont see how ivy is going to compete at a national level if those girls hit her the way they did and she gets hit quite a bit in summer ball. as long as she has a great defense she'll be fine i just dont see tennessee using her as a pitcher and winning.

yes they played with southern force but they left to play with fury this fall im not sure why i just know when ivy signed fury had it on their page saying the they played this fall and were planning 09 with them. but my point was that trinity didnt lose to sba bc of lack of gold players. i just dont see how ivy is going to compete at a national level if those girls hit her the way they did and she gets hit quite a bit in summer ball. as long as she has a great defense she'll be fine i just dont see tennessee using her as a pitcher and winning.

Well, you are the one who brought up sba and "Gold" players.......and I would bet that UT will have the best defense she has had behind her...

And as for the games with Forrest, I think both teams pitchers were very tired. People talk like it was a pitchers duel but both teams gave up a bunch of runs.

Ellen and Ivy are very good pitchers, as is Stinnett.....and isn't that what this thread was about???

Well, you are the one who brought up sba and "Gold" players.......and I would bet that UT will have the best defense she has had behind her...

And as for the games with Forrest, I think both teams pitchers were very tired. People talk like it was a pitchers duel but both teams gave up a bunch of runs.

Ellen and Ivy are very good pitchers, as is Stinnett.....and isn't that what this thread was about???

I disagree Ivy is signed and Ellen is committed dont u think they should easily be able to shut down a young 1A team (forrest is great not meaning any desrespect to them at all.) i just would think girls that are supposed to go to a top school should be able to shut them down its not like they are competing against teams that have most of their starters going to D1 schools.

Tennessee has a girl pitching for them by the name of Ashton Ward, who was a two time All American and Cat Hosfield who was also an All American. Ashton, a sophomore this year at Tennessee, had about a 1.8 ERA last year , which is excellent in SEC ball. I think Ivy is an excellent athlete with wonderful potential. She will have time to learn before she has to " carry" the team. I think the Tennessee coaches are very skilled at seeking out players with top potential and I think they see potential in the Renfroe sisters.

I disagree Ivy is signed and Ellen is committed dont u think they should easily be able to shut down a young 1A team (forrest is great not meaning any desrespect to them at all.) i just would think girls that are supposed to go to a top school should be able to shut them down its not like they are competing against teams that have most of their starters going to D1 schools.

You disagree....so you are saying that you don't think they are good pitcher..... well everyone has there own opion I guess. But I guess in the end Coach Weekleys was more important than yours. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

And I don't know a Gold Travel team that wouldn't like to have them both. Not only are they good players, but good girls. I hope you feel better for trying to do whatever it is you are trying to do.

You disagree....so you are saying that you don't think they are good pitcher..... well everyone has there own opion I guess. But I guess in the end Coach Weekleys was more important than yours. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

And I don't know a Gold Travel team that wouldn't like to have them both. Not only are they good players, but good girls. I hope you feel better for trying to do whatever it is you are trying to do.

[/q

they are great girls and a great family i wasnt portraying that they weren't. but we will all see when they get to knoxville. i believe they can play at tn i just dont think ivy can pitch there. Ellen i think has a better chance