Who Wins the Final 7-AAA as we know it now?

davidlimbaugh

Who Wins the Final Year of 7-AAA?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the Final Year of 7-AAA?

Siegel will be tough to beat this year. In addition to formidable pitching, the Stars will bring quite a bit of pop to the plate and overall team speed is impressive. Junior Josh Shaffer in right field is a 5 tool player and is a game changer both in the field and swinging the bat. Made the best fully laid out diving game extending play during the Summer I've ever seen. Senior Patrick Schloss, Junior Corey Moore, and Sophomores Tyler Fullerton and David Kosinski will all have an impact, as well as the other returning starters from last year. The return of Neil Robinson is huge and his contribution on the hill and at the plate will give the Stars another game changer in the lineup. Tough lineup from top to bottom.

Look for Blackman to be strong as well with returning starters Bowers and Sisco. Oakland and Riverdale are always tough and it should be a great year for 7-AAA baseball.

toby?

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With less than a month to go before scrimmages start and I am gearing up for some great baseball. I think that this season will come down to whos # 2 starter steps up and has a great season. I think it will be a wide open season for the run to the District Championship. It will come down to who executes the fundamentals the best. Besides sisco and Bowers of Blackman, I really dont see alot of power hitters as far as homeruns in the district this year, so I think hit and runs and sacrifices will determine alot of games this year. All 4 Boro teams have legit # 1 pitchers this year so think the # 2 s and bullpens will be key in wins and losses this year.

I know oakland has Sinor who can hit a homerun any time he sees a fastball

Siegel has Shaffer and Schloss is turning into a power hitter . And from what i've heard Siegel's bullpen is pretty strong. They have some good juniors and good seniors that throw strikes and get people out.

I would assume Blackmans bullpen is strong too.

I know oakland has Sinor who can hit a homerun any time he sees a fastball

Siegel has Shaffer and Schloss is turning into a power hitter . And from what i've heard Siegel's bullpen is pretty strong. They have some good juniors and good seniors that throw strikes and get people out.

I would assume Blackmans bullpen is strong too.

From Siegel you did forget that Robinson will drop a few bombs in the course of the season. Maybe Prather and Bartlett can get a couple in...

What is the over/under on the number of times Blackman will bunt per game this year?

they will actually bunt more than you think...obviously sisco and bowers wont bunt nut i would say everyone else is fair game coach parker will have his kids bunting i would say he bunts everytime the situation calls for it unless those 2 are up to bat

they will actually bunt more than you think...obviously sisco and bowers wont bunt nut i would say everyone else is fair game coach parker will have his kids bunting i would say he bunts everytime the situation calls for it unless those 2 are up to bat

if you play for Coach Parker you are eligible to bunt. If Hank Aaron played for Coach Parker he would be told to bunt at some point during the season

With less than a month to go before scrimmages start and I am gearing up for some great baseball. I think that this season will come down to whos # 2 starter steps up and has a great season. I think it will be a wide open season for the run to the District Championship. It will come down to who executes the fundamentals the best. Besides sisco and Bowers of Blackman, I really dont see alot of power hitters as far as homeruns in the district this year, so I think hit and runs and sacrifices will determine alot of games this year. All 4 Boro teams have legit # 1 pitchers this year so think the # 2 s and bullpens will be key in wins and losses this year.

This post makes the most sense to me. Good observations.

I'm not a Blackman homer, but I think Blackman takes the title. From top to bottom, they're the most solid from what I've seen. Parker is a good coach, and he'll pull those guys together (if he can stay in the game

Oakland will be stronger than most people think. Five of their soph's played on the Diamond Dawgs team that went undefeated in Buddy Power's Fall League tournament. Two of those were pitchers, and they performed well against some upperclassmen. Hitting will be the big question mark for Oakland.

Siegel has Watson, who should win every game he throws. Robinson may pitch, but if he's not pitched in a year or more, I don't see how he'll help much. Siegel's biggest issue, in my opinion -and this is based on watching these kids - is character. They seem to implode when the pressure is on, moreso from turning against each other.

Blackman wins it, but Siegel will push them with some pressure from a young Oakland team.

This post makes the most sense to me. Good observations.

I'm not a Blackman homer, but I think Blackman takes the title. From top to bottom, they're the most solid from what I've seen. Parker is a good coach, and he'll pull those guys together (if he can stay in the game

Oakland will be stronger than most people think. Five of their soph's played on the Diamond Dawgs team that went undefeated in Buddy Power's Fall League tournament. Two of those were pitchers, and they performed well against some upperclassmen. Hitting will be the big question mark for Oakland.

Siegel has Watson, who should win every game he throws. Robinson may pitch, but if he's not pitched in a year or more, I don't see how he'll help much. Siegel's biggest issue, in my opinion -and this is based on watching these kids - is character. They seem to implode when the pressure is on, moreso from turning against each other.

Blackman wins it, but Siegel will push them with some pressure from a young Oakland team.

Siegel keeps their cool, and doesn't crumble under pressure I say they got it.

I get tickled at the comments in reference to 7aaa and how tough they are. I can assure you that this year district 8aaa will dominate the region as it once did a few years ago. The district 8 has been down long enough and Shelbyville, Lincoln and Lawrenceburg will provide all that 7aaa can afford and more.

I get tickled at the comments in reference to 7aaa and how tough they are. I can assure you that this year district 8aaa will dominate the region as it once did a few years ago. The district 8 has been down long enough and Shelbyville, Lincoln and Lawrenceburg will provide all that 7aaa can afford and more.

7-AAA vs 8-AAA in 2008:

Tullahoma 0 at Riverdale 9 (7-AAA 1-0)

Warren Co 8 at Coffee Co 2 (2-0)

Columbia 0 at Siegel 5 (3-0)

Shelbyville 2 at Oakland 13 (4-0)

Warren Co 1 at Tullahoma 6 (4-1)

Warren Co 8 at Coffee Co 10 (4-2)

Warren Co 2 at Lincoln Co 4 (4-3)

Coffee Co 4 at Cookeville 2 (4-4)

Coffee Co 2 at White Co 3 (5-4)

Tullahoma 6 at Lebanon 2 (5-5)

Shelbyville 3 at Riverdale 8 (6-5)

Coffee Co 6 at Warren Co 4 (6-6)

Lebanon 16 vs Coffee Co 3 (7-6)

Riverdale 14 at Shelbyville 2 (8-6)

Lebanon 6 vs Franklin Co 0 (9-6)

Shelbyville 10 vs Warren Co 8 (9-7)

Oakland 5 at Tullahoma 8 (9-8)

Blackman 11 at Shelbyville 3 (10-8)

Warren Co 1 at Franklin Co 11 (10-9)

Tullahoma 1 at Oakland 2 (11-9)

Coffee Co 17 at White Co 3 (11-10)

Siegel 8 at Columbia 0 (12-10)

Coffee Co 4 at Oakland 12 (13-10)

Region Tournament:

Cookeville 2 at Lincoln Co 3 (13-11)

Lawrence Co 4 at Oakland 7 (14-11)

Oakland 11 at Lincoln Co 1 (15-11)

So 7-AAA and 8-AAA were pretty competitive last year and should be the same this year......