Top Sophomores

Welshdragon

thanks for the complement. that is true that there was only one game between our first game and the uk game. i do feel though that we did not excert much energy in the first game. everyone with the exception of maybe three or four played only one half in the first game but UK brought out a fresh squad that had not played that day already. With that factor and the refs, i9 was very shocked by our level of play and composure ( it was very obvious that there was home advatage with refs, they tried making it hidden by giving us two or three peity calls. i never understood why refs think that it is not obvious when they try to do make up calls, but it never justifies only makes it look peitiful, sad and obvious). Looking forward to next season and seeing you a ton..... should be interesting. oh and are you coming to the LMU game? it is next week i belive.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Junior Cifuentes at McMinn County- This kid is blazing fast! The key part of fast is fast with the ball at his feet. He has tons of raw talent,

I have seen McMinn play a couple of times this year. They have really played a tough schedule this year, playing teams such as McCallie, Farragut, Alcoa, Cleveland, Hendersonville, and Bearden. When I saw them play, I was really impressed by this young man. I will be interested to see how he and his Cherokee teammates perform in the post season.

Did Ross Houston play for Sweetwater?

Yeah, he plays for Sweetwater. He's their leading scorer, and is first or second on the assist charts. Definitely a talented player, and it'll be exciting to watch his high school career. They're playing David Brainerd tonight in the district tournament; it should be a good game!

Payne fisher Columbia Central center mid smallest player on the field but has the biggest heart does not lose many 1v1's. And wins 90% of headers. fun to watch players like him.

This kid had a great district tournament as well. Scored the winning goals against Shelbyville and Tullahoma. In the Championship game scored both of Columbia's goals in a 2 - 0 win over Franklin County. He was also named District 8- AAA Midfielder of the year. Not bad for always being the smallest player of the field. But you are correct I think he has the biggest heart! Amazing how the smallest guy on the field could have two headers for goals in the district tournament.

Ben Cook from Macon County is a very solid player, powerful shot, good accuracy, good speed. Scored 7 goals this year for the Tigers. He earned all district this year for 8A/AA. His supporting cast has not helped him as much as they could yet. He has some very decent players around him who just need to work on a thing or two to be very good players and help him tremendously. Watch out for Macon next year in their new district, and if they can improve just a little to get over the top.

Kade Morgan, number 10 for Columbia Academy, is a very impressive player. Great ball skills, great accuracy on his shots and can fly around the field. Usually plays midfield for them and is all over the field both on the offensive and defensive sides of the field. If he is already this good as a Sophomore, then he will really be a force to reckon with in the upcoming years.