Mark Sherrod

wbcsoccerstud11

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Mark plays AAA soccer at a school that is relatively new to soccer success.

But is he?

Is he the best in the state? Hard to say, because I haven't seen a lot of teams play outside of Knoxville and in A/AA. I would say, though, that he is one of the best. He hasn't gotten as much press or recognition state wide because of his team not advancing to sectionals or the state tournament (which I believe is because Carter is in one of the toughest A/AA regions in TN). He is a goal scorer and has great size.

But to top all of that, is the fact that he is a great kid. I know that I have sung his praises many times before on these threads, but mostly because he doesn't get on here to defend himself, and also because he doesn't ask for any recognition.

Let's just be sure to keep this positive. I am not saying that you can't disagree with his talent level, just remember this is a young man (and a classy one at that) and somebody's son. Too often we forget that, and hammer these kids like they were professional athletes.

Besides, anyone who can put up with Coach Chunn is ok with me! (Just giving you a hard time there coach! I hope to see you at the camp in February!)

I agree. I got the privaledge of seeing him play last year, and I was greatly impressed. I think he is definitely up there with the best but I am not sure if you can call him the best when he is not going up against the more intense defensive better all around teams in the AAA division.

He cant help where he lives and he doesn't want to go private. He plays against the best in club season which is more competitive than highschool.

That is why I asked the question is he the best? because I know the team he plays on is A/AA and traditionally not very good.

He cant help where he lives and he doesn't want to go private. He plays against the best in club season which is more competitive than highschool.

That is why I asked the question is he the best? because I know the team he plays on is A/AA and traditionally not very good.

I think you can say he is definitely ONE of the best in the state... he is without a doubt the heart and soul of his high school team and he will do very well at the next level... its just hard to say he is the best in the state with all of the other players out there playing at a higher high school level competition.... these kids playing at the AAA level have also played some of the best club teams as well...

First of all, he is the best forward in the state. He has incredible strength on the ball, an incredible work rate, can find the back of the net, and knows how to PLAY soccer.

Second, if all you know is high school soccer than you cant comment on this because high school soccer is AYSO compared to club soccer. Just because he plays for a team that is not a powerhouse doesn't mean he is not the best player. Go watch his club team play.

KFC Liverpool

I have probably seen him and just don't know his name. True my son is a Junior in HS and plays '92 club, but we still have heard and seen the likes of players such as Brandon Tarr, Jonah Powers and the McCoys through ODP and the general soccer community.

We are in Memphis where Sherrod has signed so obviously Richie knows him.

I have probably seen him and just don't know his name. True my son is a Junior in HS and plays '92 club, but we still have heard and seen the likes of players such as Brandon Tarr, Jonah Powers and the McCoys through ODP and the general soccer community.

We are in Memphis where Sherrod has signed so obviously Richie knows him.

In my mind and others, Brandon Tarr is way over-rated. Yes he was a very good player several years ago when playing for the national team, but most everyone has caught up to him in size and speed. The last several of years he has become more and more lazy and less productive. And yes, if you play him the perfect ball he has the ability to finish it, but he doesn't have the work rate that Mark Sherrod has. Honestly when I saw CAK play I thought they were much more effective without Brandon. Mark Sherrod will do the work necessary to create goal opportunities.