Dyersburg Trojans

mrbigster

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Coach Comer's House Just Went Up On The Market In Mckenzie.... His Wife Today Said He Has A Few More Days To Decide. And Added Comer Loves Mckenzie But Has To Think Of What's Best For His Family....So I Guess It's All But Official... Congrats Dyersburg On A Wonderful Coach.

well hey again there old friend..

any word on the situation in mckenzie? i didnt know if any new information had been posted...

our lions are working hard getting ready for next year..so beware!!

GO LIONS

Talked to A COUPLE of the HEAD HONCHOS at DHS...Nobody has been hired...They are STILL LOOKING...and there are a COUPLE of BIG NAMES that will shock some people...Don't know if they are interviewing to BOOST their salary where they are at...But some BIG names on the list at DHS...I was floored to be honest...

If they are paid what I heard Counce was paid nothing will shock me /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> So who are the names??? Milan's coach? Alcoa's?, Maryville's.....that would cost them alot more than Counce. Gotta go to Wal-mart today...somebody in there should know something /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> ....amazing what you can find out at D-burg Wal-mart.....haaaa!!!haaaa!!!

Talked to A COUPLE of the HEAD HONCHOS at DHS...Nobody has been hired...They are STILL LOOKING...and there are a COUPLE of BIG NAMES that will shock some people...Don't know if they are interviewing to BOOST their salary where they are at...But some BIG names on the list at DHS...I was floored to be honest...

Is one of them's last name "Fulmer" ? That's about ALL that would shock me !!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I read your post re: Oakland & Dallas ........ where have I heard that before !?! Glad you posted it. You can get by with it. I would've gotten crucified !!!!! Best thing for D'burg is a "Multi year contract" & maintain some stability ! Get a SOLID coach & leave him alone ! The "Powers that Be" had best settle in on someone & then LIVE WITH IT !!!! The $$$$ tha went to the "Coches Counce" ............... well $ wouldn't surprise me regardless how much. The "Trojan Faithful" need to base their opinions on the "body of work" rather than just the D.C. game anually ! JMHO & "NOT WORTH A PLUGGED NICKEL" ! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think that ALL THAT BIG MONEY that supposedly was paid to COACH Counce and Counce jr. was like a lot of other things that people hear...EXAGGERATED....Who knows what they were paid?...Only the administration and them...Who knows who we land?...One thing HE BETTER BE A DISCIPLINARIAN...That is one thing from Coach Counce that has RUBBED off on the Dyerburg bunch...Gotta be STRONG in the discipline department...

I think that ALL THAT BIG MONEY that supposedly was paid to COACH Counce and Counce jr. was like a lot of other things that people hear...EXAGGERATED....Who knows what they were paid?...Only the administration and them...Who knows who we land?...One thing HE BETTER BE A DISCIPLINARIAN...That is one thing from Coach Counce that has RUBBED off on the Dyerburg bunch...Gotta be STRONG in the discipline department...

You & I have talked about this (discipline) re: another school too I believe. I agree that the "Counce Discipline" no matter where either go is a BIG factor in the success that they have had wherever they've been. That other school we've talked about NEEDS some DISCIPLINE in a BIG way. If Counce "Senior" does stay retired, he'll be another one of the "Old School" coaches of days gone by. Too bad that it has come to having to handle high school athletes with "kid gloves". Makes for a much less unified front with too much centered on individual athletes practicin' when they want to & playin under the "Friday Night Lights" ! Kinda got the "cart before the horse" in a lot of places it seems these days !........... AHH For the "Good ol Days" ! Re: Counce there was NEVER any doubt who ran the SHOW ! For that ...... My "Hat's off to him" !!!!! Hope all the best for a Great hire for you Trojan Faithful. STABILITY from this point is gonna be BIG though ! So PATIENCE...........make a hire that's good fit & STAND BEHIND THAT DECISION ! The kids are what counts & a revolving door AIN'T good for morale OR attitude ! constant coaching changes tend to "sour" attitudes & even the desire to play ........ been there ......... done that ! AGAIN JMHO "NOT WORTH A PLUGGED NICKEL"

How else are you supposed to HANDLE a bunch of KNOT HEADED BOYS...ages 14-18?...I have never figured that out..."You can't let them run the candy store..They will eat up all your candy"...I have heard parents FREAK OUT over a coach grabbing a kid by the face mask and shaking him...I thought that was what they were for! LOL....Football is a VIOLENT game and it requires discipline and TEAM WORK and SOMEBODY HAS TO BE IN CHARGE....No matter HOW MUCH TALENT YOU HAVE..If you haven't got that?...You haven't got much...

How else are you supposed to HANDLE a bunch of KNOT HEADED BOYS...ages 14-18?...I have never figured that out..."You can't let them run the candy store..They will eat up all your candy"...I have heard parents FREAK OUT over a coach grabbing a kid by the face mask and shaking him...I thought that was what they were for! LOL....Football is a VIOLENT game and it requires discipline and TEAM WORK and SOMEBODY HAS TO BE IN CHARGE....No matter HOW MUCH TALENT YOU HAVE..If you haven't got that?...You haven't got much...

Good post! I played for Counce in the early 90's at Henry Co. and he was hard but respected and loved. Several kids on those teams didn't have fathers and he treated them like sons. They looked at him like a father figure and would still to this day do anything for him.