8AAA?

TheRaider

playing at the middle school is not a good indication of what anyone on Shelbyvilles teams can do. It plays into the hands of the slower less skilled team everytime. so no wonder shelbyville could not score. it is like keeping ten in the box on defense (which is what CC did last time I played there).

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

playing at the middle school is not a good indication of what anyone on Shelbyvilles teams can do. It plays into the hands of the slower less skilled team everytime. so no wonder shelbyville could not score. it is like keeping ten in the box on defense (which is what CC did last time I played there).

Well, yah know. That may be true but wouldn't a good quick team be able to get passed anyways. Its not like playin on a U10 field(almost) I honestly don't think that field size can affect the outcome of a game that much.

so how is the district right now.

I know:

Columbia beat Franklin co. ( that is the only district game for them so far)

they play Lincoln co Fri. it is spring break last year lincoln co gave them all they wanted and more

Franklin co tied Tullahoma? right

CC tied Shelbyville

I think Lincoln co has a couple of losses

CC has at least a loss and a tie

Franklin Co has at least a loss a tie and I think a win

So is it going to come down to Columbia, tullahoma and Shelbyville or is one of the other teams going to be able to step up and get a win over one of these to get into the mix of the regular season. I know it looks like on paper to be a very good tournament. but with the new stay at home format the regular season sets up a big advantage for the number one seed. I know when we had to travel to Franklin co. it is a long bus ride and it is hard to play your best when you ride a bus for two hours.

anyone else have any comments on this.

Well, yah know. That may be true but wouldn't a good quick team be able to get passed anyways. Its not like playin on a U10 field(almost) I honestly don't think that field size can affect the outcome of a game that much.

Field size, quality of the field, weather conditions all effect the outcome of the game and typically favor the weaker team it levels the playing field so to speak-A team that likes to use the flanks will be effected by the width of the field and teams with great speed that like to play direct will be effected by the length-less space to cover for the the defending team- and less space to play into for the attacking team-that is just two examples