TMSSA AREA 1

BigBlueFan37650

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who all is in this year. The middle 8 will send Unicoi (defending sectional champs) and Science Hill for sure the other two spots are up for grabs. What does the county leagues have to send?

Wow, I didn't know that there were automatic bids.

I always thought that a team had to reach the Semi-Finals of their respective conference tourney before they

could move on to the Area Tournament.

Can a conference just send a couple of teams?

One more thing...why is the Area 1 tournament always held at John Sevier?

The facility is o.k. but the acoustics are bad, busy graphics on the floor and the poor lighting yields itself to

tremendous glares.

You would think it would be held at an area high school??

Not to mention parking is very limited.

What gives?

Maybe Kingsport sends more cash to TMSSA???

Who all is in this year. The middle 8 will send Unicoi (defending sectional champs) and Science Hill for sure the other two spots are up for grabs. What does the county leagues have to send?

Conference Semi-Final winners advancing to Area 1 Large School Tourney at Sevier...so far

Middle 8:

Science Hill

Unicoi

T.A. Dugger

Colonial Hgts.

Sullivan County

Blountville (Only large school to qualify)

Does anyone know about other conferences that feed Area 1 Large??

Like I said earlier. Blountville is very overrated. Just look at how easily our girls won on Saturday. Blountville never stood a chance. I really think they will have a hard time beating T.A.Dugger. Those girls give us two good games this year. As for Thursday, I think payback is a coming! Anyone know about the sectional yet?

Like I said earlier. Blountville is very overrated. Just look at how easily our girls won on Saturday. Blountville never stood a chance. I really think they will have a hard time beating T.A.Dugger. Those girls give us two good games this year. As for Thursday, I think payback is a coming! Anyone know about the sectional yet?

Unicoi played well, especially #4, she hit five threes. And your right, Blountville's chances lessoned as the game

progressed. The unfortunate aspect for Blountville is that their league is weak and did not prepare them for the Area Tournament, but yet I believe they are still a good team. (After all they beat Unicoi in the summer league tourney semis by 40-31.) The best thing for them is that they get another chance with T.A. Dugger. I'm sure they will be ready to play. Now lets look at 2 very different scenarios that could play out.

Scenario #1...Blountville loses to T.A. Dugger. They are out, pure and simple, overrated I suppose.

Unicoi loses to Science Hill. (It seems like Science Hill has been too much for the Big Blue

what like 4 times now? So Sectional Seeding would be: SHHS #1, Big Blue #2, and TAD #3.

Scenario #2...Blountville wins over Dugger...in turn becomes #3 seed going to Sectionals.

Unicoi goes as a #2 Seed. Now then, traditionally, Area 1 teams have a good showing at the sectionals

(This was evident last year as all 3 seeds made it to the Semis) and this just may be the case again

this year. Wouldn't it be great if Unicoi as an Area (1) 2 seed beats an Area (3) 3 seed and then goes

on to beat an Area (2) 1 seed.....and Blountville as an Area (1) 3 seed beats an Area (3) 2 seed then

goes on to win against Area (4) 1 seed...WOW...Then on Feb. 13 at 4:00 Blountville and Unicoi would

meet each other again!

Mr. Big Blue, I'm sure you would love this...because you'd get to play the 'Overrated' Tigers again.

I must admit, I'd enjoy a re-match too!

...It could be worse...TAD may be waiting on you...And SHHS will be waiting on the other side of the bracket....

again...

Remember...Unicoi was a 3 seed last year and did in fact win it all.....

What the heck...lets shoot for the moon!

Go Lady Tigers....and just to be a good sport Good luck Cyclones too!

P.S. May God bless all of our young ladies.

Well if you would have done your homework you would have known to get on her a bit more. She has played like that for 2 yrs for us! As for us being the #3 seed last year. We were way better than any team this year. Plus, your choices are wrong. We will be the #1 seed from our Area. Science Hill will not beat us a 5th time. Even if T.A.Dugger or you all win I do not see your making it to the semi final round to play us. Why do you all not just come into our conference since yours is "weak". But to make you happy, yes i would love to see you all in the semi finals because that means we are in the finals for two yrs in a row.

Based on last years Sevierville team i would say yes. I do not know how the team stacks up this year. If they are indeed playing our #3 then who did they lose to in their Championship game? What does Area 2 have this year?

Sevierville lost to Seymour in the area 3 championship game 34 to 30. All three games between the two schools were close.

Sevierville lost to Seymour in the area 3 championship game 34 to 30. All three games between the two schools were close.

Area 3...

Seymore #1 seed

Sevierville #2 seed

Who placed 3rd? Who beat them in the Semi's by how much?

Area 2...

Robertsville #1 seed

Norris #2 seed

Lafollette #3 seed

Any news on Area 4?