District 10 AA

3b21

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Ezell-Harding and Spring Hill in a great game that came down to the last out. Both pitchers were impressive tonight. Thank you Raiders for a season that no one will forget any time soon. You showed class and determination all year long. Kris and all the rest of us are very proud of you.

Congrats to Ezell-Harding and Spring Hill in a great game that came down to the last out. Both pitchers were impressive tonight. Thank you Raiders for a season that no one will forget any time soon. You showed class and determination all year long. Kris and all the rest of us are very proud of you.

District 10AA has nothing to feel down about. Both Page and Spring Hill are two very good teams, Either game could have gone the other way. Page left some plays out there they could have made and you cant do that vs Lipscomb the way they can hit the baseball. SH & Ezell was just a pitchers duel. Great game by both pitchers.

Congrats to SH and Page for great seasons! It has been a fun season in District 10AA!

Now time to recap the season. I posted the below information at the first of the year. How right or wrong was I? Also a peek into next season.

Marshall County will be down some this year. They lost more than people think. But then again they are MC and they just seem to have this attitude that they can not be beat and others teams have it in their head they can not beat MC. - 3rd Place (9-5) - Not your typical MC team but was scrapy and fought each ball game to give themselves a chance to win. I'm not sure what they lose but I know some of their pitching with Watkins and Chapman return. MC has a shot to be back on top in 2010. I also hear Coach George is retiring.

SH has a very talented Jr and Sr class with a few talented Soph. Pitching and doing the little things will be the key for them. Can someone step up after their # 1 and # 2 pitchers? SH had a very good summer season. Will that carry over to this spring? Another big if factor will SH be able to rally behind the tragic death of one of their Sr leaders who played SS last season. - District Champs (13-1) - Raiders had the best season in program history winning a total of 26 games. Cartwright took over the role as the # 2 pitcher which put 2008 # 2 Walton into a closer role. Branham as the # 1 had a solid year earning District MVP. There is still a lot talent left behind from the departing Srs. Walton will step into the # 1 role now but who will step up to be the # 2 guy. Another good summer season will answer a lot of these questions. SH will aim high and compete for another district championship.

Page still has Webb on the mound and that means a lot. He is a difference maker. The kid throws the ball very well and is hard to beat. They still have their # 2 pitcher but he still needs to develop. Page usually is very fast on the bases. Hard to throw out baserunners. - Runner-up (11-3) - Webb had a very good year and made a difference. Gross without a doubt developed and has become a very good pitcher. I'm not sure who was the # 1 or # 2 between Webb and Gross but both done well. Gross comes back next year but Page loses a lot. I'm going to say there will be a little drop off with them next season but with Gross on the mound they will be tough to beat and that gives them a shot to be at the top of the district standings.

Giles County has a shot to be at the top. The biggest question for them is will the same GC team show up game to game. Last season they struggled with that. They were a totally different team day to day. I guess it depends on the attitudes of the kids. They have several pitchers returning with the additions of a few more. - 4th place (8-6) - GC proved to be a tough team. Bowen had a good year on the mound. The Lefty was tough to hit at times and had good year. He should go into next year as the # 1. GC upset Page once and lost to Hickman County once... so that goes back to does that same team show up each game. Most of the line-up returns next season so with the replacement of some pitching GC should be pretty good and have a shot at the top.

Lewis County should be improved with the addition of Coach Tiller. LC did lose their # 1 pitcher. Pitching will be a huge factor. The Ammons kid will be the big bat in the lineup but does LC have enough around him to protect him and give a chance to swing it. - 7th place (3-11) - Tiller didn't have a ton of players to work with. The dugout was pretty empty. More kids need to turn out to play baseball so that it will help this program grow. LC loses a lot from the line-up so it might be a while before this team can compete at a high level. Maybe it will turn around sooner than I think but I just don't see it.

Loretto will be down but never count out the Mustangs. Coach Lamm usually finds a way to make his team compete. - 5th place (6-8) - Loretto got a big win over Page and MC this season but also took some hard loses from EH and HC. You never can count them out because they may not be the best team on the field but they will play hard. Loretto moves out of the district next season dropping down to Class A. Fairview will move in and take their place.

East Hickman and Hickman County both will struggle... both seem to be very young and not very experienced. - EH 8th place (2-12)/HC 6th place (4-10) - Both teams struggled but both were improved. Maybe both teams can build off this. My understanding is that EH will be under a new coach next year. I hope the new coach can continue what Coach Britt started. HC will need to replace their # 1 and # 2 pitchers. EH will need to replace their # 1. I think both programs will continue to improve but it will be a while before both can be up toward the top.

Good luck to all the departing Srs from this District 10AA and to all the teams next season!

Who made 10AA all district?

From Spring Hill:

So. Austin Schubert

Jr. Tyler Bigler

Jr. Kyle Brochu

Jr. Zach Walton

Sr. Jake Cartwright

Sr. Chase Chunn

Sr. Justin Dillehay

Sr. Jerry Jeter

Sr. Kris Hardison

District 10AA MVP

Sr. Phillip Branham

All District...Page? East Hickman? Hickman? Lewis Co.? Loretto? Marshall Co.?

Who from Giles County? I am guessing on the following?

GC - Wells, Bowen,

LC - Ammons

HC - Edwards, Garren

MC - Watkins, Chapman

Page - Webb, Gross

Loretto - Lindsey, Simbeck,

EH -

I'm sure each had more but just can't think of the players names off the top of my head.

• 9 months later...