District 10 AA

3b21

The Garren kid is good and so is Edwards. I don't believe they have many upperclassmen other than those two. This team is probably not ready to challenge for a district title just yet, but I am convinced they will be much more competitive than last year. Playing HC will no longer be a freebie in district play as was the case for much of last season. Coach Chessor will have them competing game in and game out. With a little more pitching depth, this team could be pretty good in the future.

That's what people said on this board last year. Both Hickmans were cellar dwellers. Expect nothing different this year.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what people said on this board last year. Both Hickmans were cellar dwellers. Expect nothing different this year.

I beleive Hickman will definately be competitive this year with the addition of a talented coaching staff. With the results of last season these kids will be hungry for wins and compete game by game. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I beleive Hickman will definately be competitive this year with the addition of a talented coaching staff. With the results of last season these kids will be hungry for wins and compete game by game. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

What class is Garren and Edwards? Judging by the Hickman County summer team the coaches are going to need to pull off a major turn around with this group. I watched them at a tournament at Columbia State and it was bad! Sorry... just being honest. I hope they have a good season but it will take a lot of work.

Neither team is loaded in talent. No one is saying that. But both schools have new head coaches this year and both will be better prepared to play each game than last year. The talent level is what it is, and Hickman County is not a hotbed of athletes. But good coaches make the most of what they have to work with through preparation and practice. Both of these coaches will have their teams prepared to play. HC, you got two good ones in Coach Chessor and Coach B. Wish they were still on our end of the county.

Garren and Edwards are seniors. HC also has a good freshman group with several players that could see early playing time and a chance to contribute.

Hickman County and East Hickman WILL be alot better. They both will be very well coached this year, and an old coach of theirs wishes them the best of Luck in a tough District.

"good bats" Will they see good pitching this year or will they be facing #3 or #4 arms?

Who did they face last year?

For the most part all teams throw their # 1 or # 2 pitcher on Monday or Tuesday because this is when District games are scheduled. Below is how Hickman County faired...

Regular Season

Mon Mar. 10 #24 Lewis Co. D L 6-11

Tue Mar. 11 at #24 Lewis Co. D L 3-13

Mon Mar. 17 Page D L 6-9

Tue Mar. 18 at Page D L 3-13

Mon Mar. 24 at Giles Co. D L 0-10

Tue Mar. 25 Giles Co. D L 8-18

Wed Apr. 2 East Hickman D W 6-3

Mon Apr. 7 at #7 Marshall Co. D L 0-13

Tue Apr. 8 #7 Marshall Co. D L 1-15

Mon Apr. 14 Spring Hill D L 3-16

Tue Apr. 15 at Spring Hill D L 0-10

Mon Apr. 21 at Loretto D L 1-4

Tue Apr. 22 Loretto D L 1-9

Fri Apr. 25 at East Hickman D W 8-6

District Tournament

Thu May. 1 at Page L 0-10

Fri May. 2 Giles Co. N L 9-10

HC got run ruled in 9 of 16 games. I know SH threw Branham # 1 at HC and Walton # 2 at SH. HC seen Lintz, Webb, Skelton, and Adams, at least once I would say. Those were MC, Page, LC, and GC's # 1.

For the most part all teams throw their # 1 or # 2 pitcher on Monday or Tuesday because this is when District games are scheduled. Below is how Hickman County faired...

Regular Season

Mon Mar. 10 #24 Lewis Co. D L 6-11

Tue Mar. 11 at #24 Lewis Co. D L 3-13

Mon Mar. 17 Page D L 6-9

Tue Mar. 18 at Page D L 3-13

Mon Mar. 24 at Giles Co. D L 0-10

Tue Mar. 25 Giles Co. D L 8-18

Wed Apr. 2 East Hickman D W 6-3

Mon Apr. 7 at #7 Marshall Co. D L 0-13

Tue Apr. 8 #7 Marshall Co. D L 1-15

Mon Apr. 14 Spring Hill D L 3-16

Tue Apr. 15 at Spring Hill D L 0-10

Mon Apr. 21 at Loretto D L 1-4

Tue Apr. 22 Loretto D L 1-9

Fri Apr. 25 at East Hickman D W 8-6

District Tournament

Thu May. 1 at Page L 0-10

Fri May. 2 Giles Co. N L 9-10

HC got run ruled in 9 of 16 games. I know SH threw Branham # 1 at HC and Walton # 2 at SH. HC seen Lintz, Webb, Skelton, and Adams, at least once I would say. Those were MC, Page, LC, and GC's # 1.

Looks like they faced some great pitching! Now that you have established that, I go back to the original "good bats" comment. What were their averages?