2009 TNT

nosidj

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CAN ANYONE GIVE SOME INSIGHT ON SOME OF THE TEAMS THAT ARE PLAYING? I have heard alittle about the 2 wayne co teams that are in it what about the teams they are facing, USJ and Hickman co. WHO is the defending champs and who is the favorite to win????

Livingston Middle School won 3-A last year but their 8th grade class has grown and have been moved up to 4-A. So LMS girls will not be defending the 3-A title.. Good luck to ???? 4-A will be tough as we played Macon Co. last night and lost to them by 10 at their place. Macon will be a tough out as they are undefeated and have 9 8th graders and are 7-8 deep and very experienced with good guard and post play. They seem to stay fresh for four qtrs. . Avery Trace in 4-A will be a tough out as well. They have fairly good size down low with one of the best post players the tourney will see in #23 Goolsby. Just watch her. The kid can score and play D. They have good guard play, the point is very fast. Avery Trace is 8th grade heavy as well. LMS will have to play lights out to win as they are not as big as either of the two mentioned. They have speed and depth..but lots of youth. Only 2 8th graders. LMS can play with alot of teams, but they really will need to eliminate mistakes to win. As for the rest of the 4-A field, I have no idea. I do know that either of these three teams are capable of winning it all with Macon probably the better of the three night in and night out.

Livingston Middle School won 3-A last year but their 8th grade class has grown and have been moved up to 4-A. So LMS girls will not be defending the 3-A title.. Good luck to ???? 4-A will be tough as we played Macon Co. last night and lost to them by 10 at their place. Macon will be a tough out as they are undefeated and have 9 8th graders and are 7-8 deep and very experienced with good guard and post play. They seem to stay fresh for four qtrs. . Avery Trace in 4-A will be a tough out as well. They have fairly good size down low with one of the best post players the tourney will see in #23 Goolsby. Just watch her. The kid can score and play D. They have good guard play, the point is very fast. Avery Trace is 8th grade heavy as well. LMS will have to play lights out to win as they are not as big as either of the two mentioned. They have speed and depth..but lots of youth. Only 2 8th graders. LMS can play with alot of teams, but they really will need to eliminate mistakes to win. As for the rest of the 4-A field, I have no idea. I do know that either of these three teams are capable of winning it all with Macon probably the better of the three night in and night out.

Thanks but what about the 3A

Our team has played the David lipscomb girls this year and they are very solid. They don't make a lot of mistakes and if you get caught sleeping on defense they will drain some threes. Especially in transition, be ready to pick the ball up early because they will pull the trigger.

waynesboro beat pin oak in camp by more than 20 not sure may have been around 30 or so , they beat scotts hill in waynesboro christmas tournament big as well around 20 i belive waynesboro plays a team game look for around 7 to 8 girls to play and score, they will also press you from start to finish love to get out and run , and shoot the 3 they start 5 8th graders all have been gettin playing time since 6th grade, have good size just no depth at post the two bigs that start are about 5'10" or so but no one behind them with size

waynesboro beat pin oak in camp by more than 20 not sure may have been around 30 or so , they beat scotts hill in waynesboro christmas tournament big as well around 20 i belive waynesboro plays a team game look for around 7 to 8 girls to play and score, they will also press you from start to finish love to get out and run , and shoot the 3 they start 5 8th graders all have been gettin playing time since 6th grade, have good size just no depth at post the two bigs that start are about 5'10" or so but no one behind them with size

USJ beat Waynesboro today 31-27. We played Pin Oak first game of year and barely beat them by 2, so just goes to show you that comparing scores between like opponents is hard to do. USJ played horrible the first half, and have a feeling that Waynesboro was not on their game as well. There is something about the center that seems to throw their depth perception off. USJ had about 3 times the number of normal turnovers and a lot of them were just throwing over each others heads....the other was just being tight. Goals seem about 2 inches too short. Anyone else have the same thought?

BigDaddy,

After having seen both Avery Trace and Macon County how do you think we will match up? I do want to say that I think Livingston is the best team we have played this year and not taking anything away from Jackson County who we have played 3 times this year in very close games. Your girls were very quick and physical and I believe a much improved ball club from last year. And you were good last year in winning the 3-A title, but seem improved to me this year based on the one time we played last year.

BigDaddy,

After having seen both Avery Trace and Macon County how do you think we will match up? I do want to say that I think Livingston is the best team we have played this year and not taking anything away from Jackson County who we have played 3 times this year in very close games. Your girls were very quick and physical and I believe a much improved ball club from last year. And you were good last year in winning the 3-A title, but seem improved to me this year based on the one time we played last year.

Sportsmama,

Congratulations on your first round win....Thanks for the compliment on our team. We played JC once this season and lost by 4 at their place. I felt we were better too just not that night as we went 11-26 from the line.

Now as far as the match up between Macon Co. and Avery Trace...this should be a good game. Both are well coached and both have good teams. If Macon can keep the guards from getting to the post, I like your chances. But, if you can't contain #23, it could be tough going. She is very athletic and very good. I don't think they shoot the 3 ball as well as Macon does, but it only takes one night to shoot it well. I like Macon's press and I think it would work as I think Macon's guards are very good, and the press scheme is executed pretty good. Experience is the key here and I think Macon has the edge there. Most of these kids have been together since....9-10u in AAU?? Having said all this, I like AT too and I believe this could be one of the better games of the tourney.

Good luck to both.

Sportsmama,

Congratulations on your first round win....Thanks for the compliment on our team. We played JC once this season and lost by 4 at their place. I felt we were better too just not that night as we went 11-26 from the line.

Now as far as the match up between Macon Co. and Avery Trace...this should be a good game. Both are well coached and both have good teams. If Macon can keep the guards from getting to the post, I like your chances. But, if you can't contain #23, it could be tough going. She is very athletic and very good. I don't think they shoot the 3 ball as well as Macon does, but it only takes one night to shoot it well. I like Macon's press and I think it would work as I think Macon's guards are very good, and the press scheme is executed pretty good. Experience is the key here and I think Macon has the edge there. Most of these kids have been together since....9-10u in AAU?? Having said all this, I like AT too and I believe this could be one of the better games of the tourney.

Good luck to both.

How is #23 built? Is she very physical? How did you guys far against them? Are they as fast as you and as physical? Thanks for the info. And good luck on your upcoming game.