7AAA

soccerboy101

Oakland 3 Lebanon 1

wow what a game.... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Hats off on the 2nd half for Oakland to step up..

Game started off slow Oakland didn't control the ball or communicate like they have been. Then around 5 min left was a goal off a free kick in which Oakland took the lead 1-0 into half. 2nd half both teams came out hot and passed both well to each other although there was alot of unnecessary words being exchanged through Lebanon's players.

Lebanon knocked one in and really had the momentum until Oakland fired one in about 15 min left in . During this time we saw Lebanon break down mentally and lost there style of play. They ran there mouth and continued to challenge every call. We even had 2 of Lebanon's players to the sideline and say vulgar things which was not right. Oakland knocked another in with 4 mins left in which 1 player got ejected from the game.

If Lebanon would of hushed there mouth I believe they could of tied this game and made it into something. But it was a different story.

Congrats to Oakland Soccer, Keep it up cause pretty sure thats 2 wins in a row for a turnaround season /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakland 3 Lebanon 1

wow what a game.... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Hats off on the 2nd half for Oakland to step up..

Game started off slow Oakland didn't control the ball or communicate like they have been. Then around 5 min left was a goal off a free kick in which Oakland took the lead 1-0 into half. 2nd half both teams came out hot and passed both well to each other although there was alot of unnecessary words being exchanged through Lebanon's players.

Lebanon knocked one in and really had the momentum until Oakland fired one in about 15 min left in . During this time we saw Lebanon break down mentally and lost there style of play. They ran there mouth and continued to challenge every call. We even had 2 of Lebanon's players to the sideline and say vulgar things which was not right. Oakland knocked another in with 4 mins left in which 1 player got ejected from the game.

If Lebanon would of hushed there mouth I believe they could of tied this game and made it into something. But it was a different story.

Congrats to Oakland Soccer, Keep it up cause pretty sure thats 2 wins in a row for a turnaround season /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Your fans were classless so shut it. That was also one of the poorest reffed matches I have ever seen.

• 4 years later...

I think Siegel potentially could be district champions within the next couple of years if they keep their act together. Blackman will be Siegel's major competition within the district for this year, but in the next few years I don't see what will stop Siegel from becoming a powerhouse.

As a result of both Lavergne and Smyrna qualifying for 2013 AAA State, I'd like to turn back the clock and evaluate the soccerfan011 prediction from March 12, 2009. The fact is, since 2010, every 7AAA team, except Siegel, has advanced to regional play. Making bold, forward-looking statements can be dangerous,

2013 - Lavergne and Smyrna advance to State

2012 - Riverdale reaches State Semis; Oakland reaches Region Semis

2011 - Riverdale reaches State Quarters; Blackman reaches Sectional

2010 - Riverdale and Lavergne reach State Quarters

Prediction on district championships - Wrong

Prediction on being a powerhouse - Wrong

Good luck to both Lavergne and Smyrna this week at the Spring Fling!