Best Pitchers

govols10

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pfeifer's 16. Is that too old for your liking?

Does not matter to me. My only point is that I have seen several posts that have used a players current class to support thier argument for why one player should be better than another - this only tells a portion of the story. If a pitcher is a 16 year old sophmore or a 16 year old junior then the class they are in is not relevant as they are equal in physical development. I have never seen Pfeifer pitch but do not doubt the many posts that say he is a dominate force. He may very well be the best pitcher but saying he is a better pitcher than Watson because he is a sophmore and Watson is a junior with similar success is not a valid arguement as they are the same age. I wish both much success and I am sure we will see both play at the next level.

I agree, I only asked how old he was to prove a point of a boys physical development. I'm sure. by reading all the posts, that he is a really good player, but the age is a bigger factor than what class they are in. My son is a junior and won't be 17 until April and he's a standout on his high school and summer teams. If we had it all to do over we would have held him back when he was younger due to his birthdate. He has always had to play against older players which has it's advantages also, but if he were still a sophmore he would be considered outstanding in his class. I believe that boys need the extra months/year academically to go into college. Most boys are physically ready but could use a little more time to mature. With that said, I wish him the best and hope to see him play in the bigs one day!

Excellent post and I could not agree more. I have heard this subject debated often and good arguments to support both sides. Take away the athletic benefits of being held back and I would agree that boys need an extra year of maturity in academics to make them better prepared for college.

In order of ranking by PG crosschecker

Senior Class:

1.Andy Hillis RHP 6-7 215 R R Brentwood Brentwood TN College:Tennessee

2.Jordan Cooper RHP 6-3 190 S R Shelbyville Central Shelbyville TN College:Kentucky

3.Benjamin McKinney RHP C/OF 6-2 175 R R Science Hill Johnson City TN College:Georgia Tech

4.Jordan Cooper LHP OF 6-1 180 L L Farragut Knoxville TN College:Mississippi

5.Keenan Kolinsky LHP 1B/OF 6-1 210 L L Christian Academy Knoxville TN College:Vanderbilt

Junior Class:

1. Carter Watson RHP 6-1 175 R R Siegel Murfreesboro TN

2.Matthew Kirkland 3B RHP 6-3 210 R R South Doyle Knoxville TN

3.Taylor Morton RHP 6-2 195 R R Bartlett TN

4. Robbie Ray LHP 1B/OF 6-3 175 L L Brentwood Brentwood TN

5. Nathan Foriest LHP P/OF 6-0 180 R L Ensworth Kingston Springs TN

very little turnout in state on PG crosschecker i wouldn't put much stock in that. Junior class is strong state wide and here in middle tn

Does not matter to me. My only point is that I have seen several posts that have used a players current class to support thier argument for why one player should be better than another - this only tells a portion of the story. If a pitcher is a 16 year old sophmore or a 16 year old junior then the class they are in is not relevant as they are equal in physical development. I have never seen Pfeifer pitch but do not doubt the many posts that say he is a dominate force. He may very well be the best pitcher but saying he is a better pitcher than Watson because he is a sophmore and Watson is a junior with similar success is not a valid arguement as they are the same age. I wish both much success and I am sure we will see both play at the next level.

I agree with everything with the two whom has posted about equivalating the age of the player instead of the class, i believe that Pheipher will have the advantage because he's in a younger class with less developed players, but that is beside the question i'd like to know. How are these boys in the classroom is my question? along with being an excellent player he's got to perform in his academics as well.