College

smacktalker03

Andy picked a Good one...Coach Lyons is first class. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

MVM, you and I must meet at some point. I'm a TWC alum who played with Coach Lyons (I have never met a more inspirational captain) I'm proud I know him, and while the program as been down a bit in the last few years, I spoke with him this past weekend at an alumni event and he has got some major studs coming in. Even a slight rumor of a former stud from the area that many would know well. TWC was amazing at one point, with the players that are coming in, and the coaching situation being solid again, they will do well.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This late in the game it would be hard, if not close to impossible, for an unsigned senior to be formally "recruited" to play at a school. That said, if you were really REALLY dedicated, you should contact the coach at your intended school and ask about walk-ons. Most schools (particularly D3's who give no aid), have a walk-on tryout during the pre-season. These can be extremely competitive (in my experience) and the kids often don't have a lot of time to show their merit. It is possible to get a spot though and I have seen it happen more than once. Time is of the essence and the sooner you get in contact with a coach the better. Make sure they understand your intentions. Don't be afraid to be blunt and ask questions (like will you actually have a chance). If you want it bad enough and show your talent, then a good coach will have no reasonable answer as to why you shouldn't be on the team. However, you're also competing against the "recruits" and will have to be spectacular in order to replace one's spot, as a college team is only allowed so many men on a roster. Even if a walk-on doesn't make it the first time around, I've seen a number come out in the spring or at a later year and make it. Best of luck to you if you're going this route. Don't give up just because it's hard.

There are a couple schools in naia that i know that are probolly still recruiting. TWC is probolly one of them, i know our coach is always recruiting, others that are probolly doing the same union ky, milligan, montreat, bryan, and others. alot of these programs have a reserve squad and if you are able you can make the jump to varsity during the season if you are able to. it's a big jump from varsity high school and varsity college. a reserve squad can help to make this transition. akula when did you play at TWC? and did you ever play against lindsey wilson or union ky when they were really good programs?

There are a couple schools in naia that i know that are probolly still recruiting. TWC is probolly one of them, i know our coach is always recruiting, others that are probolly doing the same union ky, milligan, montreat, bryan, and others. alot of these programs have a reserve squad and if you are able you can make the jump to varsity during the season if you are able to. it's a big jump from varsity high school and varsity college. a reserve squad can help to make this transition. akula when did you play at TWC? and did you ever play against lindsey wilson or union ky when they were really good programs?

When I was at Carson Newman, I remember playing against Lindsey Wilson. They were VERY good. Didn't play Union, but I had a player go there in 93.

bigG not asking you to date yourself but what year did you play lindsey? and as for your player did he play 03 or 93?

I played at Carson Newman from 89-93. The player I had played at union in fall of 93 (I coached at Morristown West his senior year when I was a senior in college).

Coach L at union at that time? as for lindsey, i understand they got better as the 90's went on. ever since ray wells took over they have been a power house. they are in our conference and i can not stand ray wells for multiple reasons but that's besides the fact..... i have to give him the fact that he can bring in the talent....