Rwood Searching for New HC?

IndyNation

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the Tennessean, it is to pursue his dream of coaching college.

Wow...old region 6-5A is going to look a little different as District 11-AAA next season.

All the best to Coach Rector and his family in this new direction.

Just read the story, Good Luck to Coach Rector.

Jack Daniels obviously spotted some talent when he selected Brian as the coach in waiting.

While many will have disagreements over his coaching style and decisions, you can't overlook the fact that the man took a new program to unprecidented heights in a very short time.

His teams played to their strengths, and posed a challenge everytime they took the field once they got up and going.

Who knows the direction of the program now and in the future, but from a Bruin perspective, his replacement has some big shoes to fill.

Best of luck in this future direction; I personally hope that it doesn't turn into a David Caruso-type decision. Rector has always struck me as a man who was going to do it his way, and I hope his way now brings him much success.

I really wasn't shocked by this decision. I think he has an uphill battle ahead of him, but if I know him he will succeed on into the college ranks. Coach Rector was the best coach this region has had for some time and will truly be missed.

On a side note: the talent he had from the 06 and 07 graduating classes was far superior to what he's had the past couple of seasons, and as a result could have influenced his decision.