9AA

junior1

Ha.....so let me get this straight. DL's offense, in that championship game (that CPA won) was so great that CPA had to back off. No, I don't think so and most folks would not agree either after DL had gone 0-2 against CPA before that game. Here is what happened. Coach McPherson knew that the DL team could not run with last years CPA team so he did what any good coach (including Maddux) would do. He slowed the game to a crawl and made it a chess match. He spread the floor and caused CPA to overplay the ball which did indeed cause problems for CPA. CPA made the adjustment to pull back into a zone and DL stood in the corners with the ball and let the clock run. Maddux chose to let them. That's how Coach McPherson equalized the talent on the floor. It totally worked and DL almost won. No one ever said that CPA was to mighty to play a game that way. Just like any team, they will do whatever needs to be done (inside the rules) to win.

By the way flatline17, it's amazing how you can still spout off about CPA but have nothing to back it up with. CPA won the district and the region and went to the state tournament. They didn't lose a single game in the state of TN last year until the state tournament. It was one of those years to remember. Why not just be happy for the guys. Other schools will have their day.

It was a rare "up" year. 9AA in not usually represented at the BORO. We'll see how tomorrow goes in the 9AA championship game. David Lipscomb will be tough. They are playing very well. I hope it's a classic.

Firstly, DL offense definitely torched CPA's defense in the CHAMPIONSHIP game, until CPA dropped into a zone. I never said anything about the other 2 games. And yes, I would say their offense was great, otherwise CPA wouldn't have dropped into a zone. You think that CPA dropped into a zone just for fun? Secondly, no one wants to give you anything because you are arrogant and think that CPA is better than any other school. "Maddox is building a fence" whatever that means? And teams should win or lose like men, not stall. "Play the game like it was meant to be played." But now you are saying that Maddox would do the same thing? So does that mean CPA plays cheap ball and don't play like men? Your arguments are full of holes and you make zero sense. If you want to have a legitimate discussion, first realize that CPA is not the best team ever like we should all respect you for something. You will get respect when you stop talking and asking for it. It's called modesty. Secondly, don't say one thing and then try and change it. You said DL should play the game like it should be played, but then went on to say that CPA would do the same and that it was a good strategy. Your exact quote was "No, it's a cowardly thing. Play the game like it was meant to be played. Win or lose like a man." Your arguments don't make sense. Then in your last post you start with "Ha.....so let me get this straight. DL's offense, in that championship game (that CPA won) was so great that CPA had to back off. No, I don't think so" but then changed to "He spread the floor and caused CPA to overplay the ball which did indeed cause problems for CPA." Pick your argument then try and make it without trying to make CPA seem like the God's of basketball. After this year you will be on the same level, if not below average for 9AA.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, DL offense definitely torched CPA's defense in the CHAMPIONSHIP game, until CPA dropped into a zone. I never said anything about the other 2 games. And yes, I would say their offense was great, otherwise CPA wouldn't have dropped into a zone. You think that CPA dropped into a zone just for fun? Secondly, no one wants to give you anything because you are arrogant and think that CPA is better than any other school. "Maddox is building a fence" whatever that means? And teams should win or lose like men, not stall. "Play the game like it was meant to be played." But now you are saying that Maddox would do the same thing? So does that mean CPA plays cheap ball and don't play like men? Your arguments are full of holes and you make zero sense. If you want to have a legitimate discussion, first realize that CPA is not the best team ever like we should all respect you for something. You will get respect when you stop talking and asking for it. It's called modesty. Secondly, don't say one thing and then try and change it. You said DL should play the game like it should be played, but then went on to say that CPA would do the same and that it was a good strategy. Your exact quote was "No, it's a cowardly thing. Play the game like it was meant to be played. Win or lose like a man." Your arguments don't make sense. Then in your last post you start with "Ha.....so let me get this straight. DL's offense, in that championship game (that CPA won) was so great that CPA had to back off. No, I don't think so" but then changed to "He spread the floor and caused CPA to overplay the ball which did indeed cause problems for CPA." Pick your argument then try and make it without trying to make CPA seem like the God's of basketball. After this year you will be on the same level, if not below average for 9AA.

Feel better. Pathetic. Are you Lipscomb's basketball lawyer?

Feel better. Pathetic. Are you Lipscomb's basketball lawyer?

No response other than pathetic? I have zero affiliation with DL. Definitely not a fan. Am I the second person you have wrongly accused of being associated with DL? Is everyone that disagrees with your lunatic posts a DL supporter? You have made contradictory points through all your posts..that is why I questioned them. It has nothing to do with who I support. You just don't make any sense whatsoever. Please just stop because you are ruining this thread. Lets get back to talking about the game tomorrow. Thanks. What is everyone's guess for the score?

I love that my simple comment about holding the ball created so much banter. The only reason I hope it doesn't happen again is because I was bored out of my mind! At the end of the day I don't really care if they do it again, we won! HA. All DL comments have not one thing to stand on, not one, because they got BEAT. End of story, and tomorrow night it continues. I can't wait!!! I'll be the one in BLACK!

I love that my simple comment about holding the ball created so much banter. The only reason I hope it doesn't happen again is because I was bored out of my mind! At the end of the day I don't really care if they do it again, we won! HA. All DL comments have not one thing to stand on, not one, because they got BEAT. End of story, and tomorrow night it continues. I can't wait!!! I'll be the one in BLACK!

Why nobody likes CPA fans...

The conversation wasn't about winning and losing. It was about the validity of the "stall."

And to lovedeball, the fact that you cannot continue the conversation is what is really pathetic.

Why nobody likes CPA fans...

But everyone loves all other fans of their opponents. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Most of the time, fans of one team don't take a real liking to fans of the other team. I'm weird though and I love DL fans because they actually support their team and it always makes the games very exciting. So maybe I don't exactly love the fans, just the fact that they have fans and I love to hate the other fans. It's so much more fun for everybody.

To all 9aa fans. last year was not the first time the championship game had stalled ball. In 2006 Pearl Cohn vs MLK (the biggest rival at the time), was effected by stall ball. Mid way thru the second quarter MLK held the ball all the way down to about nine seconds to take a one point lead only for Pearl Cohn to hit a last second shot. For a half time lead. The Royals went on to win the district tournment. Doc shelton was praise for his stall ball approach during the game. Therefore the game tomorraw with CPA/DL. Enjoy it, support your school wheather it is up and down game, or a slow pace game. Because its about the players and what it takes to win, not what the fans want. Goodluck to both teams.