9AA

junior1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My prediction is that CPA will find a way to the state tourney. Miller is starting to be his usual brilliant self, a healthy Anderson is going to get stronger and stronger, and Z is going to realize that this is IT. I'd like to see him leave it all out on the floor from here on out. What is likely is to happen is that you'll see the big three for CPA start beating their chests all at the same time and step it up to the next level. If that happens, get ready for some firepower. Throw in some big shots by the role players and you'll have a run to STATE. Either way, it's soon to be the end of an era for CPA. A great run!!!!

Very surprised that Ezell took CPA to OT tonight. Couldn't go - what happened? Anyone got a report?

Great game. Ezell led by as much as 10 points. Very proud of them. Could be a dangerous team come tourney time. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I'll give everyone something to comment on. We just finished up with MLK. They kicked our butts tonight. Now we have played everyone in the district. I believe that Antoine Christian is the best pure basketball player in our district. Mason is the toughest matchup and Miller is a tremendous shooter. What do all of you guys think?

Very surprised that Ezell took CPA to OT tonight. Couldn't go - what happened? Anyone got a report?

I wasn't at the game tonight either, and was also very surprised when I heard the score. Ezell lost to Pearl-Cohn and lost by 23 to DL last week, while CPA looked dominant in it's routs of FRA and McGavock last week, which makes this even more strange.

I was expecting crimsontide to be on this one already. Where are you crimsontide?

Lipscomb has done a good job and knocked off CPA without David Anderson. They look to on a couple more collision course games with CPA.

You are correct, Anderson didn't play in the game that DL won. But neither did Evan Webb for DL. In the second game, Anderson played maybe 1/3 of the game (just a guess) and Webb played maybe 3 minutes. I'm not saying that DL would have won the second game if Webb had played more but I am saying that they are both extremely important to the success of their teams. Both are back, but neither are 100% as I understand it.

CPA has the "big 3" but DL is the deepest team in the district. Should be fun to watch them play again.

I wasn't at the game tonight either, and was also very surprised when I heard the score. Ezell lost to Pearl-Cohn and lost by 23 to DL last week, while CPA looked dominant in it's routs of FRA and McGavock last week, which makes this even more strange.

I was expecting crimsontide to be on this one already. Where are you crimsontide?

CPA was lacking defensively tonight, more than ever. Several sloppy turnovers and missed opportunities including free-throws allowed for Ezell to lead by 10 almost the entire 3rd quarter. Ezell couldn't miss and knew every move CPA made. It was a great game, even though it wasn't supposed to be. Hopefully the Lions will show MLK the team we saw last week.

CPA was lacking defensively tonight, more than ever. Several sloppy turnovers and missed opportunities including free-throws allowed for Ezell to lead by 10 almost the entire 3rd quarter. Ezell couldn't miss and knew every move CPA made. It was a great game, even though it wasn't supposed to be. Hopefully the Lions will show MLK the team we saw last week.

I don't see how any team could beat CPA if CPA played their diamond/one full court press defense, then a zone on the half court. A team would have to hit 1/2 their 3's to beat CPA playing a zone (assuming Z played defense hard). With CPA in a zone, it is too hard to get a quality shot or rebound in the paint against them.

A 1-3-1 with Z under the basket and Anderson crashing the boards on every shot would force a team to hit outside shots.

Just my opinion based on watching them the last 3 years. They seem to struggle this year when they play man-to-man against a quick offense.

All the schedules I've seen show District at CPA. Can someone confirm? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I can confirm the district tourney is at Ezell. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />