9AA

junior1

I could see it going to HF's coach (Harden is the name or something of that nature) if emotions play into the vote since it is his last year coachign there after I think 19 years, plus he has done a good job there. Not saying it will go there, just that I could see the reasoning for it if it happened.

Hume Fogg's Coach is Kelly Harned. He has accepted an assistant principal job and will no longer coach after this season.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would assume no, but crazier things have happened when an award is given by rival competitors...

It is voted by only the other coaches in the district correct? In that case, it will probably go to whoever the other coaches dislike the least, given that his team has had at least a decent season. In the past it's seemed to be more of a "most improved team award" rather than a team success award like I believe it should. If that is still the case, East Lit.'s coach has a great chance, but I have no idea. Could go to Shelton, Maddux, HF's coach (don't know his name), or McPherson as well. The award SHOULD go to either Maddux or McPherson IMO.

No way that Maddux should win coach of the year. With the way CPA has under performed this year and with all that talent. He should be towards the bottom of the coaches that should win the award.

No way that Maddux should win coach of the year. With the way CPA has under performed this year and with all that talent. He should be towards the bottom of the coaches that should win the award.

I don't really think Maddux can be blamed for Hunter Miller getting sick over the summer and David Anderson having two surgeries and then getting injured again. You can't blame Maddux for Z Mason deciding to play or not on any given night. What really happened is the 24/7 basketball mentality of these three players finally caught up with them. You can't blame the kids either. If you're going to "go for broke" then you have to sell out and give it 24/7. You can't blame Maddux for graduating (last year) two seniors that were the perfect compliment to these three great players. You can't blame Maddux for the TSSAA's screw up at the state tournament last season. You can't blame Maddux for running off good players that should be playing (like a few years ago). That hasn't happened. If anything, new players are coming out of the woodwork at CPA. It's already ready starting to happen.....the kids want to play for him and you will see him build a future powerhouse at CPA (if he stays).

So for me, if Maddux, through all of this, manages to rally the troups and pull off a district title and maybe even a region title, then he is without a doubt "coach of the year" in 9AA. Talk about overcoming adversity. Either way, he's still a great coach that will see many more great seasons. If there is any one thing that Drew could improve on it would be talking to the refs less and coaching more. He's like having another really smart man on the floor when he's got his head in the game and not on the refs. Of course, this is just my humble opinion.

I don't really think Maddux can be blamed for Hunter Miller getting sick over the summer and David Anderson having two surgeries and then getting injured again. You can't blame Maddux for Z Mason deciding to play or not on any given night. What really happened is the 24/7 basketball mentality of these three players finally caught up with them. You can't blame the kids either. If you're going to "go for broke" then you have to sell out and give it 24/7. You can't blame Maddux for graduating (last year) two seniors that were the perfect compliment to these three great players. You can't blame Maddux for the TSSAA's screw up at the state tournament last season. You can't blame Maddux for running off good players that should be playing (like a few years ago). That hasn't happened. If anything, new players are coming out of the woodwork at CPA. It's already ready starting to happen.....the kids want to play for him and you will see him build a future powerhouse at CPA (if he stays).

So for me, if Maddux, through all of this, manages to rally the troups and pull off a district title and maybe even a region title, then he is without a doubt "coach of the year" in 9AA. Talk about overcoming adversity. Either way, he's still a great coach that will see many more great seasons. If there is any one thing that Drew could improve on it would be talking to the refs less and coaching more. He's like having another really smart man on the floor when he's got his head in the game and not on the refs. Of course, this is just my humble opinion.

CPA takes Hume Fogg tonight 54-40 (I believe, I was so excited I didn't bother to check). They will see David Lipscomb on Tuesday night for what promises to be an exciting game. Let's just hope DL doesn't hold the ball again, I don't know if I can take that mess again.

Let the debate begin...

CPA takes Hume Fogg tonight 54-40 (I believe, I was so excited I didn't bother to check). They will see David Lipscomb on Tuesday night for what promises to be an exciting game. Let's just hope DL doesn't hold the ball again, I don't know if I can take that mess again.

Let the debate begin...

au contraire. The stall, when run to perfection, can be a beautiful thing.

lipscombs "stall" as it was called, is not actually a stall at all. They just simply spread out the floor and use there best atheletes and attack. and this offense cannot actually be guarded by cpa, which was shown in last years district finals game. The reason it turned into a stall was becuase cpa could not guard it by any means. 3 different people guarded caleb simpson in the first quarter.when caleb couldnt get a drive he would throw to evan webb who would blow by z.the fact of the matter is that cpa cant guard this offense. so they stopped trying. they sat back and just let lipscomb stand there. cpa was the team that turned that game into a stall last year...not lipscomb. dont babble on about how terrible it is to watch lipscomb hold the ball when cpa wont even play defense

District 9AA is pretty good, but I think a little over confident coming up on Region 5 play. I'm a Marshall County fan & know that David Lipscomb beat us a while back. I guarantee you that If they meet up again it would be different. I honestly think Marshall County, Spring Hill, and Page can play with anybody in the state not just the Region. Can't wait to see how 9AA stacks up to 10AA in Region 5 tourns. All of 9AA thinks DL & CPA are locks at 1 & 2 coming out of Region 5. Should be interesting. Just remember I told you so & 10AA will get some R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!!!!!

lipscombs "stall" as it was called, is not actually a stall at all. They just simply spread out the floor and use there best atheletes and attack. and this offense cannot actually be guarded by cpa, which was shown in last years district finals game. The reason it turned into a stall was becuase cpa could not guard it by any means. 3 different people guarded caleb simpson in the first quarter.when caleb couldnt get a drive he would throw to evan webb who would blow by z.the fact of the matter is that cpa cant guard this offense. so they stopped trying. they sat back and just let lipscomb stand there. cpa was the team that turned that game into a stall last year...not lipscomb. dont babble on about how terrible it is to watch lipscomb hold the ball when cpa wont even play defense

If it wasn't a stall, then why didn't they try and attack it more? Also, watching the game last year, Simpson would drive, but then we would usually pull back. Sounds like quite the offense. I'm pretty sure you're the only person who thought it wasn't a stall.