Who is the most likley from TN. to Qualify For ASA nationals

TBALLEXPERT

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are your favorites from Tn. to qualify for the 09 ASA nationals in 14U & 16U age divisions?

And why do you think they will likely qualify?/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Fury Fastpitch 16U has already qualified via their Championship at the southern nationals last year.

Knoxville Thunder Harris is a 15 year old team that were the first to qualify last summer in 14U and I think stand a greaat chance to qualify again this year expecially since TN has 4 state berths.

Who are your favorites from Tn. to qualify for the 09 ASA nationals in 14U & 16U age divisions?

And why do you think they will likely qualify?/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

16's: I would have to agree Thunder should capture a birth early, I beleive the remainder berths will go to the following Fury, Thunderboltz and White Lightning. Having more berths this year will really open things up!

16's: I would have to agree Thunder should capture a birth early, I beleive the remainder berths will go to the following Fury, Thunderboltz and White Lightning. Having more berths this year will really open things up!

I watched part of a championship game in Chattanooga this past fall that the Knoxville Thunder93 won 1-0 against the Nashville Cruisers 14U.The Thunder looked pretty solid for a 16U team as I was almost equally impressed with the Cruisers 14U playing up an age division.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Keep an eye on the Frost Falcons 16 U team. They struggled with injuries last year and still played good ball.

They had 4 key players that were injured during school ball or just after it including the 2 main pitchers.

This fall, the Falcons won the PFX tournament with wins over the Thunderbolts, Knoxville Thunder 92, Fury 94, Hurricanes and the Mustangs .

They have 6 left handed bats, 6 kids that run sub 3.0 time to first, and least 2 pitchers throwing 60 plus.

Good luck to all Tennessee teams in their pursuit of ASA success.

Keep an eye on the Frost Falcons 16 U team. They struggled with injuries last year and still played good ball.

They had 4 key players that were injured during school ball or just after it including the 2 main pitchers.

This fall, the Falcons won the PFX tournament with wins over the Thunderbolts, Knoxville Thunder 92, Fury 94, Hurricanes and the Mustangs .

They have 6 left handed bats, 6 kids that run sub 3.0 time to first, and least 2 pitchers throwing 60 plus.

who pitches for this team

Fury already qualified. They got it at the southerns last year. Your missing teams that Thunder Bolts can't play with. White Lighting might not be able to play with either. New Nighthawk team by Larry Spear. They are really good and have great pitching. Lawerenceburg Lighting is pretty good. Tn Dream is the old Explosion team but they picked up some Ky girls from Greenwood and will be hard to beat. Lady Maniacs will be pretty good too. I heard a rumor last week that Worth is playing u18 exposures but u16 for asa nationals. If thats true thats one birth less for the others to fight over. Worth, Nighthawks, Thunder, one tba. Dont see Thunder Bolts in the mix.

6 sub 3.0 time to first. alabama crimson tide doesnt have that. You better get a tuning fork for your gun. 56 is a big big difference than 60 plus.

I heard a rumor last week that Worth is playing u18 exposures but u16 for asa nationals. If thats true thats one birth less for the others to fight over. Worth, Nighthawks, Thunder, one tba. Dont see Thunder Bolts in the mix.

No way Connell is playing 16U. They play 18U A and 18U Gold. Don't trust that rumor source.

6 sub 3.0 time to first. alabama crimson tide doesnt have that. You better get a tuning fork for your gun. 56 is a big big difference than 60 plus.

I saw four of them run at the UTC Camp a couple of weeks ago and they were all under 3.0. That's when the Willis kid ran 2.6 as stated in one of the other posts. The two that were not there are just as fast.