Who is the most likley from TN. to Qualify For ASA nationals

TBALLEXPERT

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we should re-title this thread "Girls who are too fast to play softball." 'My daughter did this, my daughter did that; my daughter tagged up at second and outran the rightfielder's throw home!' WHOA! If that's really true, I'd say the RF probably needs to find a new sport. Come on! If they're really that fast, they shouldn't be wasting their time on a softball field here in TN or AL. They should be in Colorado Springs training for the next Olympic track team. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

One more thing: Just to see if her arm was as good as I always tell people it is ( /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> ), my daughter once threw out a KY race horse that tagged up on second...for real! The catcher got hurt, but she held on to the ball for the out. Here's a little sneak-peek of the horse on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fYYeDG_19s, just so you know it's legit. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Maybe we should re-title this thread "Girls who are too fast to play softball." 'My daughter did this, my daughter did that; my daughter tagged up at second and outran the rightfielder's throw home!' WHOA! If that's really true, I'd say the RF probably needs to find a new sport. Come on! If they're really that fast, they shouldn't be wasting their time on a softball field here in TN or AL. They should be in Colorado Springs training for the next Olympic track team. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

One more thing: Just to see if her arm was as good as I always tell people it is ( /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> ), my daughter once threw out a KY race horse that tagged up on second...for real! The catcher got hurt, but she held on to the ball for the out. Here's a little sneak-peek of the horse on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fYYeDG_19s, just so you know it's legit. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Read the news paper during the Super Regional last year when Roger did tag. Mabe TIDE TV still has the replay

http://alabama.scout.com/2/757114.html

Still way off subject, buuuut...not saying it didn't happen. Am saying that there's no way any runner...man, woman, child, beast, whatever...that can outrun a ball thrown 200 ft. (give or take) from second base, unless (key word here, OK?)...unless...the ball is dropped, not handled cleanly OR the particular girl that threw it absolutely is only playing because her momma and daddy give lots of money to the school. Know what I mean...without just plainly saying she shouldn't even be on the roster? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

By the same token, I've seen girls get thrown out tagging at second going to third from a girl that has a 'gun' in right field. Shouldn't have happened, but it did. It didn't make the paper or ESPN, but I seen it. So the question is: Can this Miss Rogers outrun a girl that can throw the ball or did she just outrun a ball thrown by a less-than-average rightfielder?

You don't have to answer. I'm just raising that possibility.

Moving on...what do you think about MC's new Team Worth 16/18/Gold?

A horse tagging up from second?? That is stupid!!! The horse would never fit in the batters box, so would be out for leaving the box to early.......however....a CHEATA might fit... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Still way off subject, buuuut...not saying it didn't happen. Am saying that there's no way any runner...man, woman, child, beast, whatever...that can outrun a ball thrown 200 ft. (give or take) from second base, unless (key word here, OK?)...unless...the ball is dropped, not handled cleanly OR the particular girl that threw it absolutely is only playing because her momma and daddy give lots of money to the school. Know what I mean...without just plainly saying she shouldn't even be on the roster? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

By the same token, I've seen girls get thrown out tagging at second going to third from a girl that has a 'gun' in right field. Shouldn't have happened, but it did. It didn't make the paper or ESPN, but I seen it. So the question is: Can this Miss Rogers outrun a girl that can throw the ball or did she just outrun a ball thrown by a less-than-average rightfielder?

You don't have to answer. I'm just raising that possibility.

The right fielder and her cutter did NOT do their jobs. They figured she would only move up one base and the right fielder took her time and the relay was poor to home. Coach Murphy would not have waved her on if she did not have wheels.

This thread is ridiculous. If you listen to parents out there there are 50 girls in Tenn who throw mid 60 and supposedly lots even down to 14U and 12U. Then they get mad when you say it isn't so even when you show them on a gun. Same goes for running. There might be 2-3 16U girls in the whole state who throw that. I put a gun on alot of those supposed 60 pitchers in a game and seen them throw 54 or under. I sent Mike a email the other day and asked if they were playing down. He wrote back and said that playing down was illegal so even though he wouldn't ever play down he couldn't even if he wanted to. All the players are 1992 and 1993 players so they are a legal 16U team but will play up for college exposure tournaments. I don't think they are going to use the Gold part of their name this year sense they are play 16 for ASA qualifiers this year. I checked their roster on their web sight and other people are right they are loaded. Just having Cara Lisa makes them pretty good by herself. The sight says she committed to Louisville. But they also have Hailey Faggan. I've heard him say before she is better than Cara Lisa. Those are two girls who really do throw over 60 in a game. He's got his good long time players like Kendall and Sarabeth back again and and some new ones that are really good like Abell and Dever and Curtis. I don't know Dalton or Yates from Kentucky and I know Caroll. She is young but she is a playa. I know 4 good pitchers who told me they tried out but didn't make it so Yates must be good if she beat them. Sense I was curious about all the speed times I wrote him back and asked how many of his players ran under 3.0 to firstbase sense they are always so fast and agressive. He wrote back All of them, no just kidding, none of them. He said a few are probably real close and 2 or 3 might be under 3.0 by the time they graduate. I also ask him about pitching speed. He said he got 27 calls from parents who said their girl pitched in low to mid 60s and looked at about 20 of them and put a Jugs gun on them and everyone threw between 51 and 57 on the Jugs. He wouldn't tell me how fast Cara Lisa or Faggan or Yates threw and just said fast enough. I saw a gun on Cara Lisa in M'boro in November and she was regular at 63 and 64. I saw the same gun on a girl who is supposed to throw mid 60 there and she was regular at 56. All he would say was that they were going to try for a birth to nationals because so many colleges would be there but wouldnt say if he thought they would get a birth. I think hes sandbaging. They win all the time when they don't have good talent and their loaded this year.

Give us something to go on 5-sport...give us some names, schools and positions they play so we can take a look during the upcoming season.

From their web sight

00 Lindsey Dalton OF, C, 3B Cornersville 2011

2 Jordan Abell SS, 2B, C, 3B Blackman 2011

5 Kendall Hooper C, OF DCA 2010

6 Racheal Carroll SS, 2B, P Hickman County 2011

7 Haley Fagan P, OF, 1B Cornersville 2011

9 Sarah Beth Roberts C, 3B, SS Mt Juliet 2011

12 Nina Dever OF, SS Greenbrier 2010

13 Caralisa Connell P, 1B, OF, 2B Siegel 2010

14 Rachel Curtis 3B, OF Forrest 2010

33 Carson Yates P, 1B North Hardin (KY) 2011

Thats a bunch of future big time college players

From their web sight

00 Lindsey Dalton OF, C, 3B Cornersville 2011

2 Jordan Abell SS, 2B, C, 3B Blackman 2011

5 Kendall Hooper C, OF DCA 2010

6 Racheal Carroll SS, 2B, P Hickman County 2011

7 Haley Fagan P, OF, 1B Cornersville 2011

9 Sarah Beth Roberts C, 3B, SS Mt Juliet 2011

12 Nina Dever OF, SS Greenbrier 2010

13 Caralisa Connell P, 1B, OF, 2B Siegel 2010

14 Rachel Curtis 3B, OF Forrest 2010

33 Carson Yates P, 1B North Hardin (KY) 2011

Thats a bunch of future big time college players

OMG. I told ya they were LOADED but I didn't know how LOADED. This is sick. You might need 10 players under 2.0 to play with that group. I'm glad they aren't in 18 Gold with us. Thats 10 future D1 players.

I love how these poasts get turned into a bragging contest. If all of what is on here is true then 75% of the teams shouldnt even show up at the qualifiers. ASA should just hand the berths out to the Falcons.... no one can catch them with 6 players in sub 3's. Worth should get one just because a few parents think they are the strongest team in the state & "really" do have 2 girls throwing in the 60's... That just leaves 2 berths for the other team to fight over.

Funny how no one has spoke a word about DEFENCE, SMALLBALL, HITTING YOUR SPOTS WIH A 65mph PITCH or other aspects of the game that really decides who wins a game. Can thse flamthrowers hit there spots regulary or do thay just throw 70mph bb's intot he parkinglot? Can the rest of the team field a 60+ ball comming back at them at over 100mph....what if its 40' high & flys 400'? Can all 6 of them spedsters even make contact with a ball? if they can what about the rest of the team? Or are they planning on winning all there games just scoring 3 runs once threw the line up?

Bottom line is.... Speed or pitching alone will not earn any of these team a berth. Last time i checked this is a TEAM sport & takes 9-12 quality players, solid coaching & a little luck to be successful. It should be interesting to see who is pulling there foot out of there mouth in Aug...

FYI: my 10yo will be trying out for the Falcons & Worth both next season. She throws 10 pitches all over 70mph & has a home to 1st time of 1.3... O ya she also hit 150 HR in T-ball last season. She has decided to take this season off to concentrate on learning Trigonomerty before she enrolls at Harvard. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I love how these poasts get turned into a bragging contest. If all of what is on here is true then 75% of the teams shouldnt even show up at the qualifiers. ASA should just hand the berths out to the Falcons.... no one can catch them with 6 players in sub 3's. Worth should get one just because a few parents think they are the strongest team in the state & "really" do have 2 girls throwing in the 60's... That just leaves 2 berths for the other team to fight over.

Funny how no one has spoke a word about DEFENCE, SMALLBALL, HITTING YOUR SPOTS WIH A 65mph PITCH or other aspects of the game that really decides who wins a game. Can thse flamthrowers hit there spots regulary or do thay just throw 70mph bb's intot he parkinglot? Can the rest of the team field a 60+ ball comming back at them at over 100mph....what if its 40' high & flys 400'? Can all 6 of them spedsters even make contact with a ball? if they can what about the rest of the team? Or are they planning on winning all there games just scoring 3 runs once threw the line up?

Bottom line is.... Speed or pitching alone will not earn any of these team a berth. Last time i checked this is a TEAM sport & takes 9-12 quality players, solid coaching & a little luck to be successful. It should be interesting to see who is pulling there foot out of there mouth in Aug...

FYI: my 10yo will be trying out for the Falcons & Worth both next season. She throws 10 pitches all over 70mph & has a home to 1st time of 1.3... O ya she also hit 150 HR in T-ball last season. She has decided to take this season off to concentrate on learning Trigonomerty before she enrolls at Harvard. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Some good points you wrote but you are confused. I don't have anything to do with Worth or Frost. I think Worth will run away with everything and Frost will fall flat on their faces but I am not Worth or Frost. It doesnt sound like nighthawks mom has anything to do with them either. 5 sport daddy sounds like he is from Worth but nobody else. Can guarantee you CoachJV and bulldawg is Frost and mocmom might be too. I'd put good cash on betting a junior who verbals early to a school like Louisville can hit a spot or two. Weve been on the losing side to them enough to know they are all about defence and smallball. I only heard a rumor they were loaded. Now Ive seen who they have I only agreed I heard right. I'm not jealous I'm only glad they are going 16.