Best High School Bowlers ever in Tennessee.

bowler09

Best high school school ever? I have read all of your comments some was good and some dont know what your talking about. The BEST ever has to be Daniel Hannagan. Not because he bowled for Hendersonville, but because how he bowled in the two state tournaments shooting high games of 289 and 300, not just bowling in college, but he helped win 2 Jr. college national championships, and he was ranked in the top five college bowlers nationally at UTC. Daniel has also done very well in regional tournament lately.

Now here is some other Great bowlers from this Great state in no certain order.

Kyle Barnes, Smyrna, 2 state tiltles, 300 game in state, and a Great leader for his high school team.

He has continued his bowling at the college level and has been rank high in college bowling (dont know how high).

Aaron Martin Jr., Overton, Great high school bowler, carried his team on his back through the state tournament. Has done well in regional tournaments.

Gary Falkner, Germantown, Great high school bowler, finished high in individual tournament, and rolled games in a tournament at Hermitage Lanes of 300, 300, 279.

Kyle Garza, Hendersonville, 300 in the state tournament, 3 state titles, most total pins in the history of of the state tournament. That means he bowled outstanding for 4 years.

Michael Poirier, Columbia Central, a Great team leader, state title and individual state title, Mr. Bowler, college bowler, not as strong as the others, looked great because boy's high school bowling was down his Sr. year. That statement might sounds like it is not far to Michael, but the fact is boys high school bowling was down that year, it only took 3500 to make it to the state finals. (Fact)

There are others that should be on the all time best coacht's state high school bowlers hall of fame wall, the title states "BEST HIGH SCHOOL BOWLER EVER". Hannagan's resume speaks for itself.

While I'm not necessarily trying to defend myself, it may have only taken a 3592 to make the state finals my senior year, it was not the case for other matches. In our regional tournament, we shot back to back scores of just shy of 3900, and by the look of the individual statistics, boys bowling averages were much higher than in years past or any year since. The other two matches we bowled in state consisted of 3800+, and we had four bowlers from our team alone average over 210. If you say that bowling was down that year, take this into consideration. In district 8, Jake Flatt averaged 211, was in the top ten averages in the state, and yet failed to make the individual tournament. This season from the same district, 194(or 198?) made the tournament.

Like I said, I'm not trying to sound arrogant or anything, but when you focus on only one set, I think you're taking away from what my team accomplished that year. The individual accolades are one thing, but it can definitely be debated the 2008 Columbia Central boys bowling team could have competed with ANY other team to ever bowl in TN high school bowling.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Commando i agree and like i have said previously i believe Daniel is one of the best to come out of the state without a doubt. Yes he bowled very well collegiately at VINCENNES in which he helped win Two Jr Collegiate Championships. When he bowled at UTC he was not ranked in the top 5 in the country. He bowled very well at a few tournies that year. He had too many other responsibilities with the team for him to be able to focus fully on bowling. I am not bashing Daniel he is a great friend of mine and we bowl tournaments all over but he was not ranked in the Top 5 in the nation at UTC. Just saying. As for myself,not bragging just stating, my sophmore year i was ranked 4th in average in the country and was a first team all american. Just to answer your question on how high i was ranked.

Hey, both of you made my top ten coacht's wall of fame for the greatest bowler ever in the state, but CHSBowler (Poirier) and Bowlerguy854 (Barnes), great bowlers dont ever need to defend theirselves or brag on theirselves. You have never seen Hannagan on this site bragging on himself. I think both of you are outstanding bowlers and fine young men, and should be rank in the top ten, but not first. I log on a couple times a year, and when I read some of the posting, and they are leaving off some of the greatest bowlers, I have to give my opinion.

PS Little Barnes will most likely will make my wall of fame top ten once he graduates. He is one of the few bowlers that has been great since he's been a freshman.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

To fire a 300 game in the pressure of being in the state tournament should separate the men from the boys. Now start by taking all of those on your list off and add the ones that had shoot a 300 game in the state tournaments. Thats what greatness starts with, being perfect.

I would say that David Carpenter bowled for john overton he only bowled 2005 and 2006 and on coacht polls as 14th in the state with a 218 avg then he bowled in 2006 his senior yr and was ranked 3rd in state right under chris and kyle. that year john overton didnt make it to state but david shot 245 279 288 on his last day and ended with a 227 avg and 2 300's and 5 800's *805 824 821 802 813* in them 2 seasons he went undeated his senior year. and now 2011 mookie betts of overton that had a avg of like 254 but he only bowled started in dis and he never shot under a 700 with 86% of his games 800's aaron the kids that won this year asked his dad if mookie was bowling because him and his dad knew they would have been in trouble and he came from overton and 2010 was steven of overton dang it just looks like overton fever to me...and overton coach's in the past years hasnt even know what bowling is..

I would say that David Carpenter bowled for john overton he only bowled 2005 and 2006 and on coacht polls as 14th in the state with a 218 avg then he bowled in 2006 his senior yr and was ranked 3rd in state right under chris and kyle. that year john overton didnt make it to state but david shot 245 279 288 on his last day and ended with a 227 avg and 2 300's and 5 800's *805 824 821 802 813* in them 2 seasons he went undeated his senior year. and now 2011 mookie betts of overton that had a avg of like 254 but he only bowled started in dis and he never shot under a 700 with 86% of his games 800's aaron the kids that won this year asked his dad if mookie was bowling because him and his dad knew they would have been in trouble and he came from overton and 2010 was steven of overton dang it just looks like overton fever to me...and overton coach's in the past years hasnt even know what bowling is..

Oh yea, David Carpenter, he must have been good in his day. However, I think I saw him bowling in the Tusculum no tap tournaments last year. He never seemed to bowl that well in those. I would say his honor scores must have been on the easiest house shots ever!! And that kid aaron, he would have wiped the floor with Mr.Betts as soon as they put out the sport shot. Oh well, there are probably 50 or more bowlers that have been better than Carpenter in the last 5 years, but everyone has an opinion.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...