Best High School Bowlers ever in Tennessee.

bowler09

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who do you think are the best High School bowlers that have came out of Tennessee since it started back in 2001? Teams such as Hendersonville, Soddy Daisy, Smyrna, Etc....always have good teams/talent. So who do you think are the best that have came from here.

I have only been around high school bowling for about 4yrs now. The best I have seen would be Michael Poirier his senior year. He was good as an underclassman, but he really lit it up his last year with a 300 and a +800 series. Another individual I saw bowl once was out of Smyrna, Kyle Barnes. He did not bowl well the day I watched him, but his mechanics were smooth.

Picking one out of all the years and schools would be tough because there is so much talent out there. Tennessee is definitely blessed with some awesome talent.

Who do you think are the best High School bowlers that have came out of Tennessee since it started back in 2001? Teams such as Hendersonville, Soddy Daisy, Smyrna, Etc....always have good teams/talent. So who do you think are the best that have came from here.

In no particular order, these are some of the best bowlers to bowl in high school:

Christopher Massengale

Daniel Hannigan

Blake Curtis

Michael Poirier

Alex Noyes

Gary Faulkner Jr.

Kyle Barnes

Chris White

I have only been around high school bowling for about 4yrs now. The best I have seen would be Michael Poirier his senior year. He was good as an underclassman, but he really lit it up his last year with a 300 and a +800 series. Another individual I saw bowl once was out of Smyrna, Kyle Barnes. He did not bowl well the day I watched him, but his mechanics were smooth.

Picking one out of all the years and schools would be tough because there is so much talent out there. Tennessee is definitely blessed with some awesome talent.

I agree that you can't just one. So if you could make a top 5 of even top 10 list who would be on it. Here is my list. From who I have seen bowl before. My judgement is not just by there scores or average but by leadership, respect for other bowlers, and attitude on the lanes. An overall bowler is what I am saying..

1. Chris Massengale- Soddy Daisy

2. Kyle Barnes- Smyrna

3. Daniel Hannagan- Hendersonville

4. Michael Poirier- Columbia

5. Chris White- Smyrna

6. Gary Faulkner Jr.- Germantown

7. Alex Noyes- Hixson

8. Mitch Curran- Mount Juliet

9. Scott Demirjian- Soddy Daisy

10. Matt Roberson- Siegel

I agree that you can't just one. So if you could make a top 5 of even top 10 list who would be on it. Here is my list. From who I have seen bowl before. My judgement is not just by there scores or average but by leadership, respect for other bowlers, and attitude on the lanes. An overall bowler is what I am saying..

1. Chris Massengale- Soddy Daisy

2. Kyle Barnes- Smyrna

3. Daniel Hannagan- Hendersonville

4. Michael Poirier- Columbia

5. Chris White- Smyrna

6. Gary Faulkner Jr.- Germantown

7. Alex Noyes- Hixson

8. Mitch Curran- Mount Juliet

9. Scott Demirjian- Soddy Daisy

10. Matt Roberson- Siegel

i have to disagree here. matt roberson is my boy but he shouldnt be on ur top 10. yal obviously dont bowl with him during the season

i have to disagree here. matt roberson is my boy but he shouldnt be on ur top 10. yal obviously dont bowl with him during the season

To fire a 300 game in the pressure of being in the state tournament should separate the men from the boys. Now start by taking all of those on your list off and add the ones that had shoot a 300 game in the state tournaments. Thats what greatness starts with, being perfect.

In no particular order, these are some of the best bowlers to bowl in high school:

Christopher Massengale

Daniel Hannigan

Blake Curtis

Michael Poirier

Alex Noyes

Gary Faulkner Jr.

Kyle Barnes

Chris White

I'll take Scott's list of name and try and put them in order from greatest to least, there all great bowlers.

1.Kyle Barnes

2.Michael Poirior

3.Chris Massengale

4.Daniel Hannigan

5.Gary Faulkner Jr.

6.Blake Curtis

7.Alex Noyes

8. Chris White

this is my opinion.

To fire a 300 game in the pressure of being in the state tournament should separate the men from the boys. Now start by taking all of those on your list off and add the ones that had shoot a 300 game in the state tournaments. Thats what greatness starts with, being perfect.

A 300 game isn't everything in bowling. And all 300 games at state tournaments have come on a house pattern. I'd have to say Kyle Barnes is the best bowler to ever bowl in Tennessee. He has proven that through his success in USBC collegiate bowling.

I'll take Scott's list of name and try and put them in order from greatest to least, there all great bowlers.

1.Kyle Barnes

2.Michael Poirior

3.Chris Massengale

4.Daniel Hannigan

5.Gary Faulkner Jr.

6.Blake Curtis

7.Alex Noyes

8. Chris White

this is my opinion.

First, it's Poirier...come on Matt /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> lol

Second, I'll take second to Kyle Barnes anyday lol /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

John Traverse led LaVergne to the first three State Tourneys...had a 299 game vs.Centennial in '04 and a 729 series..if not for the great Hendersonville teams, Lavergne might have won a state championship in 2004...John is the upperclassman Kyle Barnes was unable to beat in match play...just ask him. By the way, I do think Kyle Barnes has had the best state tourneys...just look it up on the TSSAA records section

All of these bowlers can make a case for the best in Tennessee. For example look at what Kyle Barnes and Chris White did when they were bowling in Smyrna. They won State back to back and put up some great scores and even records in the tournament. As for Chris Massengale he averaged in the high 220's his senior year being the year before the singles competiton. Although he doesnt have the state titles he still was on of the better bowlers in the state. He was a great Captain of the team, great bowler, attitude was great, and was of the best friends you could ask for. Good bowlers don't have to win Championships or shoot 300 or 800 everytime you go out there its how you represent not only yourself but your team. And that's why I think he is the best out of Tennessee. He has became one of the better adult bowlers in Chattanooga. With 14 300 games and 8 or 9 800 series in his life. And has an average of 236 or better in league bowling. And he has only been bowling for 8 years. This wasn't meant to be an arguement just to see who you thought was the best in Tennessee. And I have given my opinion. Everyone on the list has a great case to be the best.

I'm going to list some bowlers, some of the best that Tennessee has ever had, and I'd like to know how long each of them has been bowling. I have no clue how long any of these bowlers have been bowling, so if you know then feel free to share!

Kyle Barnes??

Chris White??

Gary Faulkner??

Michael Poirier??

Chris Massengale?(I know it's been longer than 8 years. I've seen a video of him bowling at age 10 or something...)

Alex Noyes??

Daniel Hannigan??

In my opinion, the "beginning year" should be counted as the first year that the bowler received his own bowling equipment and was getting some sort of coaching and in some kind of league. Along those lines. Let me know!