1. Audrey Hazelhurst (USJ) - 5:36

2. Shelby Jordan (USJ)

800 boys

1. Scott Kahler (JCS) - 2:04

2. Tallon Scott (Dyer)

800 girls

1. Audrey Hazelhurst (USJ) - 2:28

2. Jessica Knowles (Mitchell)

**I edited this because I was informed that Dyersburg's 4x8 boys squad was screwing around at regionals.

What about predictions for D-II and AAA?

Bill Matthews with the triple?

Sonnenfeldt with the 16 and 32 victory?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get 'em Dr!

I didn't do too badly actually. You can look at the results when they are posted and see for yourself.

An injury hurt me in the girls 32 and 8, but same girl dominated the 4x8. I also win the best call of the meet for picking Notre Dame's 4x8 to bag second in the guys race. And was one second away from nailing the guys 32.

Get 'em Dr!

I didn't do too badly actually. You can look at the results when they are posted and see for yourself.

An injury hurt me in the girls 32 and 8, but same girl dominated the 4x8. I also win the best call of the meet for picking Notre Dame's 4x8 to bag second in the guys race. And was one second away from nailing the guys 32.

Nice calls, Matt!

I would have made the same predictions in the girls 3200, so don't feel so bad.

I want to commend all the athletes with amazing marks and performances today and Coach Fingerle and the CCS squad on hosting a great meet! I can't believe there were so many meet records broken and I think it is a huge testament to the strength of the east. This board is dominated by talk of how great the middle section is and I think this may be the year they get a run for their money at state.

Best of luck to everyone at state and in all of their future running endeavors.

It's gotta been like two years since you've posted here.

Great meet. Good luck to the easterners in the future. CCS and Notre Dame will be joining the Middle Section next year. I don't know the particulars on it but we shall see how this all works out.

Except I'll be in college. hahahaahahaha

It's gotta been like two years since you've posted here.

Great meet. Good luck to the easterners in the future. CCS and Notre Dame will be joining the Middle Section next year. I don't know the particulars on it but we shall see how this all works out.

Except I'll be in college. hahahaahahaha

I thought I'd finally get back in the game. We didn't have anyone qualify for state, so I figured I'd stir up some talk since none of my kids can reap the repercussions!

I think that A-AA East will look a lot different next year, especially in the sub-sectionals. With Anderson County, Catholic, and Seymour moving up and teams like Greeneville and Sullivan (Central or South, don't remember off hand) moving down, there will have to be some shuffling. Hopefully, we move to the middle sub-section. Regardless, Chattanooga area will own the sprints and USJC will still annihilate everyone in the distances!

Good luck in college, Conig.

I know it was announced that Notre Dame's girls set a new sectional record with a 9:54 yesterday, but this is actually false. Last year they ran 9:47 to win the sectional. I remember this now, because I was mad they beat my PR. And then they did it again at state.

And yeah, USJC was flying yesterday. They went faster than I thought mostly cause I didn't know if some of their guys would try and chill and save up.

It is interesting to note though. USJC won the meet with like 75 points to Tyner's 53. Take ONLY the top 4 places overall in the 8, 16, and 32, and USJC pulls 55 points from those 3 events alone.

I know it was announced that Notre Dame's girls set a new sectional record with a 9:54 yesterday, but this is actually false. Last year they ran 9:47 to win the sectional. I remember this now, because I was mad they beat my PR. And then they did it again at state.

And yeah, USJC was flying yesterday. They went faster than I thought mostly cause I didn't know if some of their guys would try and chill and save up.

It is interesting to note though. USJC won the meet with like 75 points to Tyner's 53. Take ONLY the top 4 places overall in the 8, 16, and 32, and USJC pulls 55 points from those 3 events alone.

Not interesting, AMAZING! I think that USJC is a true testament to what a great distance program can do for a school. While they've been top-notch in cross country for several years, this is only their second year to have a track and field program. The distance runners from USJC were some of the highlights in yesterdays meet. I was also REALLY impressed by Howard's girls in the sprint relays, Banks in all things fast, and the pole vaulter that set the new sectional record. As one of the coaches running the triple jump, I was also impressed by Carrington of Austin East. He was by far the most consistent of all the jumpers and showed one of the best attitudes/sportsmanship in both flights. He definitely deserved the win!