A-AA

Runner6

Someone please explain to me how Station Camp can run an 8:10 solo 4x800, which is an average of 2:02.5 per person, and yet only have one person in the open 800, and that person only runs a 2:04.xx. It seems to me that Station camp should have had a solid showing in the open 800. Just curious.

Good question, the SC open 800 finalist also ran the 3200m previously on Tuesday running a 10:09, then the 4x8 Thursday... so my guess is he was probably tired or he just had a bad race. The reason being why they didn't have a good showing in the open 800 is because they all run the 4x4 except one.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question, the SC open 800 finalist also ran the 3200m previously on Tuesday running a 10:09, then the 4x8 Thursday... so my guess is he was probably tired or he just had a bad race. The reason being why they didn't have a good showing in the open 800 is because they all run the 4x4 except one.

So they didn't think they could run a good open 800 and a good 4x400? Interesting.

They're going to need everything they have in the 4x400. It's debatable how many of them would get to state in the 800 (thanks Mahaney, Wasserman, etc) and with the 4x4 running a 3:28, that puts them in contention with Brainerd, Tyner, Fulton and CAK as well as anyone from out west and the middle right behind them.

4x4 is going to be nuts.

They're going to need everything they have in the 4x400. It's debatable how many of them would get to state in the 800 (thanks Mahaney, Wasserman, etc) and with the 4x4 running a 3:28, that puts them in contention with Brainerd, Tyner, Fulton and CAK as well as anyone from out west and the middle right behind them.

4x4 is going to be nuts.

Thats a fair point, but considering that 3rd and 4th place are going to state with a 2:01.9x and a 2:03.xx I would think they could have atleast qualified 1, possibly 2. and still qualified the 4x400. It then would have been their decision at state whether they wanted to bail on the 800 and make a run for the 4x400. However, I do respect them not wasting qualifying spots if their main goal is the 4x400, and clearly they have a great shot at winning.

Apparently they have a just as equal shot at coming in last place...

1 Frayser 'A' 3:28.28

2 Christian Academy of Knoxville 'A' 3:28.49

3 Fulton 'A' 3:28.52

4 Tyner Academy 'A' 3:28.69

5 Mitchell 'A' 3:28.98

6 Station Camp 'A' 3:29.85

7 Brainerd 'A' 3:30.09

8 Martin Luther King 'A' 3:30.40

That's the performance list. Oh lordy...

The meet was held at USJ in Jackson. I trust them over a memphis hand timed school.

Sweet... I just know that last year there were atleast three, maybe four guys coming out of the west section who supposedly broke 11 by very significant amounts. Then at state those guys were no where near being under 11.

We were given the option of running (along with the 4x8 and 4x4) either the open 800 or open 400. Our anchor leg ran the great eight and finished with a 201 (even though he got boxed bad and had a bad race) and there he realized no matter what he ran mahaney would still probably pull out just enough to beat him, and it could cost him and our 4x4 a good time and possible state win. One of our other legs choose to run the open 400 but scratched himself at region because he also felt it would not be possible for him to run his best in the 4x4. The rest of us instantly choose to go with what would be our best chance at the strongest finish in state. And 4x4 is gonna be so crazy, its up in the air and its anybody's race i don't think its even possible to pick a favorite because anyone could be a little off or a little on by less than a second and it changes the whole out look of the race

thats very respectable. I was just curious