A-AA

Runner6

I think between USJC,CAK, and Station Camp, the 4x8 should be very fast and interesting this year. I expect the top three times this year to be in the 8:12 to 8:05 range possibly lower. Which is definitely the fastest on average its been for A-AA in the past 20 years. Are there any other teams out there that anyone knows of that have a legitimate chance at running sub 8:13 in A-AA?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think between USJC,CAK, and Station Camp, the 4x8 should be very fast and interesting this year. I expect the top three times this year to be in the 8:12 to 8:05 range possibly lower. Which is definitely the fastest on average its been for A-AA in the past 20 years. Are there any other teams out there that anyone knows of that have a legitimate chance at running sub 8:13 in A-AA?

CAK was 3rd place in the East with an 8:40. They aren't guaranteed to get to state. Do you know what the 3rd and 4th place times were for the Middle section? I can't find any results from that meet online.

I think the USJC-Station Camp race will be a good one, too. Last year, Station Camp looked really good and from what I can remember owned the second half of the race. It's not doubt that USJC has a great team based on that 8:11 and some very impressive open 800 performances. Looking forward to seeing the results. It's awesome that the 4x800 in A-AA has become so competitive. That race has always been dominated by AAA and D-II so I'm glad the smaller schools have improved so much. Best of luck to both teams. And CAK, hopefully. GO EAST SECTION!!!!

Middle sectional is being probably finished up right now. Give a couple hours for the results to be posted.

Someone please explain to me how Station Camp can run an 8:10 solo 4x800, which is an average of 2:02.5 per person, and yet only have one person in the open 800, and that person only runs a 2:04.xx. It seems to me that Station camp should have had a solid showing in the open 800. Just curious.

Someone please explain to me how Station Camp can run an 8:10 solo 4x800, which is an average of 2:02.5 per person, and yet only have one person in the open 800, and that person only runs a 2:04.xx. It seems to me that Station camp should have had a solid showing in the open 800. Just curious.

One would think that. It's not easy to tell, since the midstate did not indicate who actually ran the relays. But I did notice that SC's open-800 finalist was also in the 3200. (A relay time is usually faster than four times the corresponding open time, because all except the leadoff runner get a moving start. For example, under the international comparison tables, a 10.37 in the open 100 is considered as good as a 39.99 in the four-by-one. Those tables, unfortunately, only go up to the 4x400 relay.)

As for CAK's qualification, they're still on the bubble. MLK put up an 8:38 in third, but Macon County only posted 8:42 in fourth. The West goes off tomorrow, and CAK has to hope their time is better than the bronze medal time from there (which will probably happen, considering that three teams would need to improve by more than 10 seconds from their sub-sectional times).

well we only let our third leg and 3200 runner run the open eight because our other three legs of the four by eight, also are three legs of the four by four which also qualified for state with a 3:29 so we had to pick our races to count in rest for both relays, we decided to go team first us last. that would be why

and why is cak times so down this year, from what i rem. they only lost one leg last year from state

well we only let our third leg and 3200 runner run the open eight because our other three legs of the four by eight, also are three legs of the four by four which also qualified for state with a 3:29 so we had to pick our races to count in rest for both relays, we decided to go team first us last. that would be why

and why is cak times so down this year, from what i rem. they only lost one leg last year from state

We lost 3 to graduation and 1 to transfer. This is a brand new group.