Bearden to win 3A State Championship?

letthebigdawgseat21

My main team is Southwind, but I'm content in rooting for any memphis school.

Fear I'll say this, never in my posts have I targeted you with my comments on Bearden you've read the comments where this is cockiness on behalf of Bearden and on memphis. Southwind was eliminated last night and I will now support any Memphis team, because its about memphis first and then my team.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many Memphis teams have you seen? I still haven't said any memphis team will beat Bearden or Bearden will beat Memphis. Though I think I can guarantee that in this thread Bearden faithful have been much more cocky than us. I won't keep it shut until State Time and then I'll take whatever happens like a young man.

I seem to see the work COCKY in the above post. I am a bearden fan, thus you were referring to me.

Well I meant MOST Bearden fans. Are you now satisfied.

I'm just messin with ya!!! I don't really get mad at message boards, its just being ourselves and standing up and supporting our teams. Best of luck to all memphis teams this year...unless they are playing Bearden /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Some of the AAA teams still in it from Memphis.

Melrose 28 and 5 vs Ridgeway 22 and 5

Melrose featuring several D1 (some HIGH MAJOR) talents one of which is a potential McDonalds all American

Ridgeway featuring several D1 (some HIGH MAJOR) talents

Central 21 and 3 vs White Station 22 and 6

Central featuring several D1 (at least one HIGH MAJOR) talents

White Station featuring several D1 (some HIGH MAJOR) talents one of which is a potential McDonalds all american

Raliegh Egypt 28 and 2 vs JCM 20 and 7

Raliegh Egypt featuring several D1 (some HIGH MAJOR) talents

JCM from Jackson at least one D1(mid major) for sure and a few more that will play in college at some level

Craigmont 21 and 4 vs Liberty 27 and 5

Craigmont featuring several D1 (at least one maybe more HIGH MAJOR) talents

Liberty from Jackson several D1 (MID MAJOR) talents and a few more that will play in college at some level

This doesn??™t even include Southwind, Kirby, Germantown who are no longer playing. All these teams pretty much play each other as well as several big events out of state and all these kids play big time AAU. Oh, you also have Manassas (singe A), BTWashington (AA), Hillcrest (AA), and Mitchell (AA) in Memphis. And I??™m sure I left some out. To many D1 (mid to high major) players to list but trust me there are a ton of them and they go up against each other QUITE OFTEN. Not saying Bearden isn??™t good (I know what they have to but have not had the opportunity to see them) because they are clearly a VERY GOOD team but it would be a BIG MISTAKE to crown them AAA Champions just outright. They would most likely be underdogs against many of the teams mentioned above.

I agree. As everyone knows on this board, I am Bearden Supporter. I have been a fan for over 16 years when I first started school as a Freshman. I can honestly say that this is the best team that they have ever had in the history of their program. I don't neccessarily think that I am being Cocky as JudyJoe says, I do however feel confident about the ability of the team to win the state....Their 32-3 record speaks for itself. One thing that I don't understand, is how fans of Memphis teams get on here and don't actually cheer for their own team. I have no idea what teams that you are cheering for. You base your entire argument on how MEMPHIS bball is dominant over any part of the State. Obviously, that is the case based on the number of titles that West TN has brought home in all classifications. However, I would like to know which teams you guys are actually cheering for and are a fan of

I have seen both east and west tennessee teams play and Bearden is behind in a lot of area. So feartheveer please quit getting on here stating how great Bearden is. They are good but they were good last year and watch the state tournament and if you dont think its possible ask AE. Thats a talented group of players with the same caliber of coach. Actually Blevins is better but still not great. Bearden will make it to the boro this year but will come home short like normal for them

I don't think Siegel will have anything to say about that /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I wish my boys could take credit for that one, but as long as they are out, all the same.

I have seen both east and west tennessee teams play and Bearden is behind in a lot of area. So feartheveer please quit getting on here stating how great Bearden is. They are good but they were good last year and watch the state tournament and if you dont think its possible ask AE. Thats a talented group of players with the same caliber of coach. Actually Blevins is better but still not great. Bearden will make it to the boro this year but will come home short like normal for them

Havent seen Bearden or any west tn teams so far this season, but as I have said before, when you get into the state tournament, you have the same chance that everyone else does. Bearden has a pretty good example from their own district that it can be done.

I can't help but notice that Bearden is ranked number one in the state, has a 33-2 record (undefeated in the state of TN) two of which came to your beloved falcons. I haven't said that Bearden is going to win the state tournament, I've said that I have 100% confidence that they can. IMO, Blevins is a heckuva coach, he has won over 400 games since he came to Bearden in 1994. Though, he doesn't have a Gold Ball, like your boy Jody, doesn't make him that less of a coach....ask Jody if he thinks the Blev can coach.

I know for a fact that all AAA teams once they reach the Boro can play....East, Middle and West....that's why they are the last 8 teams standing. I make no apologies that I am a loyal Bulldog supporter. My family has had ties to the program since 1961. I have talked to many of the players and coaches on this team, and they just have "IT". This is the most focused team I have seen yet at Bearden.

Regardless of how they finish this season, they can hang their heads high, knowing that they will go down as one the greatest classes to ever come through the halls of Bearden.....QUIT HATIN BRO!!!!!! I've never hated on your Falcons!!!!

watched Bearden play Farragut last night. Can't say I was that impressed with Bearden. Obviously you can't take too much out of just 1 game though. If they continue to be over confident, which it appeared they were for most of last night, then they will see an earlier than expected exit. If they play the best they can all game every game, I don't think they should have too many problems getting to the finals.

bearden is a great team, but i find it hard to believe that against the best teams the 5 in 5 out system will continue to work. the only 2 teams they have played with better talen they have lost in part maybe because the studs on the team spend about half the time on the bench.