Hampton v/s District 1 (A)

I was next to the dogs lockerroom after the game last night and I've got to tell you all, I'm sad at how the Hampton fans just devoured and belittled their team after the game. With this kind of support, it really makes the players ask themselves, is it really worth suiting up? Wake up!! you all. Do you want to be Stoney Creek made over? Cloudland is a good ball club and its next to impossible to beat them on their home floor. Just look at their record since 2001. Hampton is an outstanding team with legendary coaches. Get behind them instead of all this complaining. After all, they are conference champions for the first time since 1994 and they have the most talent in this region. No player should quit over losing a meaningless game. It was just for pride and it was the Landers senior night. Ned Smith has turned Cloudland into a contender year in and year out and they have the support of all their fans. Get it together dogs!! You don't want the creekers to sneak in the back door and take our titles and laugh at our self destruction do you? Don't let it happen!!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was next to the dogs lockerroom after the game last night and I've got to tell you all, I'm sad at how the Hampton fans just devoured and belittled their team after the game. With this kind of support, it really makes the players ask themselves, is it really worth suiting up? Wake up!! you all.

That was definitely an embarrasing fiasco...

First things first you take #5 and #13 off of that team Hampton dont win a ball game plain and simple.

I have watched Hampton play a numerous amount of times this year and to be honest to be the size Hill is he plays like he is 5'10 instead of playing like he is 6'6. The coaching is not the problem. I am not a fan nor parent of a player @ Hampton but they have a good staff behind the kids trust me if White didn't think he could still do it he would hang it up...

But in all fairness to the coaches give them credit for taking a group of young kids and winning the WVC. Deep down not only are they good guys but they are good teachers of the game anyway you come across this argument.

Bottom line is if you dont like the way things are going A.Move to another school B.Quit C.Keep working hard and do your job when you come in the game and prove a point.

You, just like Jerry White, don't have a clue what is going on! I sure wouldn't want to go up against the big man in the middle. He would probably slap your head in to your a** oh but in your case it's already there.

You, just like Jerry White, don't have a clue what is going on! I sure wouldn't want to go up against the big man in the middle. He would probably slap your head in to your a** oh but in your case it's already there.

I wish he would have slapped the Cloudland players in the head when they were stripping the ball from him in the post...

I was at the game but didn't hear what happened. I know the Hampton coaches are always tough on the players and so are the fans because of high expectations. What happened, I mean really, it was a great game from both teams?!

The family members of the player in question jumped the Dawgs coaching staff as they exited the locker room...

There is no doubt in my mind that the coaches at Hampton needs mental help, the way they have coached has nothing to do with it, its merely that they are crazy enough to do the job. Its been this way since the beginning of last season, people have tried to destroy the team for 2 years. This is a very talented group of young players,but the fighting and belittleing of the players and coaches ruins it for everyone. Team is a huge concept and its getting rare to see one. A team is 1 for all and all for 1. Thats definately not the case at Hampton. Can't be much fun for anyone. The kids and coaches both deserve better.

Coaches can't play and players can't coach, both are going to make mistakes ,but everyone still needs to stay on the same page. Its a team and I'm pretty sure the coaches and players were both doing what they thought would give them the best chance to win.

You are a foolish person. To think that you would single out one player fed up with the "ballhogs" and extremley bad coaching for not doing nothing. fed up with the verbal abuse. fed up with all the sh!t.

I wouldn't be upset with Hill, I'd be upset with the coaching staff.

All respect for the school I once loved has been stripped from me.

I'm ashamed to say I'm a Hampton graduate!

Enough is enough. IT'S OVER!!!!

Sorry you feel that way but you are wrong. I am not singling anyone out. he/they did that last night. Who cares if the team wins or loses just make sure that I play the whole game.

Oh come on coach!! You shouldn't talk about your players that way but I forgot you're just a sorry piece of S*** that you've shown all year!! Theres not a school or coach that wouldn't be proud th have a 6-5 or 6-6 big man in the middle. The only problem is that you have to be able to coach them, something I hear you guys know nothing about!!

Sure a coach would love to have a big man in the middle but sometimes a coach also has to go small to match the other team. Once again it goes back to forget about the team just play me the entire game. Pretty sad. Not the coaches fault he cannot guard anyone. Everyone fusses about them running the 1-3-1 all the time, ever think why they did ? Maybe it was so he could STAND in the middle and play.

Going into the game last night at Cloudland I remembere telling a friend that I was afraid we might go to Cloudland and get shot out of a zone and that??™s exactly what happened early. The Landers came out on fire and forced us to go to a man to man. This hurt us in a number of ways because we are not used to running a man to man and it took our key post players out the game because Cloudland went to a five guard set. You cannot leave a post player out there to play man to man defense on a guard that??™s a defensive mismatch. Our coaches had to do go to the man to man, if not Cloudland would have kept shooting the lights out and we would have down by 30 so the coaches did what they had to do to put our team in position to win the game. As for what happened after the game, it??™s very unfortunate. Dylan Hill is one of the best kids you could ever meet. He??™s always really respectful and I??™ve never heard him say anything out of the way to anyone, seems like the kind of kid you want your daughter to date. His decision to leave the dawgs squad really hurts us but we have to move on and stay behind these boys and our coaching staff. Coach White has done so much for this program. He has taken Hampton Basketball to levels that most schools could only hope to reach. Coach White has made Hampton basketball something special. It really means something to put on that jersey with Hampton written across the chest and represent this school, community, and this tradition. I think our players understand that and are going to finish this season out on a strong note. Hill??™s absence is a huge opportunity for Logan Andrews and Billy Berry to step up and leave their mark on this season. As fans we need to pull together and get behind this team instead of trying to tear them apart.

GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!!!

I was next to the dogs lockerroom after the game last night and I've got to tell you all, I'm sad at how the Hampton fans just devoured and belittled their team after the game. With this kind of support, it really makes the players ask themselves, is it really worth suiting up? Wake up!! you all. Do you want to be Stoney Creek made over? Cloudland is a good ball club and its next to impossible to beat them on their home floor. Just look at their record since 2001. Hampton is an outstanding team with legendary coaches. Get behind them instead of all this complaining. After all, they are conference champions for the first time since 1994 and they have the most talent in this region. No player should quit over losing a meaningless game. It was just for pride and it was the Landers senior night. Ned Smith has turned Cloudland into a contender year in and year out and they have the support of all their fans. Get it together dogs!! You don't want the creekers to sneak in the back door and take our titles and laugh at our self destruction do you? Don't let it happen!!

They won't sneak.

This team or any team for that matter isn't going to be special with poor old JERRY WHITE as coach! The game has passed him up so long ago. For a coach to believe that a 1-3-1 defense is the way to go should tell you Bulldog fans something. I will have to say that the Bulldog has to have a lot of talent to have won 17 games this year despite the poor coaching they have gotten. They don't even have a post game but why should a post want to go to Hampton, it is only a 2 guard offensive show! I'v heard that numerous players on the team want to just quit and get away from the verbal abuse from White and Matheson. Maybe Hampton should just keep "predictable White and company" they are going to be easier to beat down the road.

This is what I've been posting about. I don't think it's their coaching ability, it's their language. If you want respect from your players, try respecting them. I'll say it again, as a parent, I don't think that I can let my son play for coaches that use this kind of language.

There is no doubt in my mind that the coaches at Hampton needs mental help, the way they have coached has nothing to do with it, its merely that they are crazy enough to do the job. Its been this way since the beginning of last season, people have tried to destroy the team for 2 years. This is a very talented group of young players,but the fighting and belittleing of the players and coaches ruins it for everyone. Team is a huge concept and its getting rare to see one. A team is 1 for all and all for 1. Thats definately not the case at Hampton. Can't be much fun for anyone. The kids and coaches both deserve better.

Coaches can't play and players can't coach, both are going to make mistakes ,but everyone still needs to stay on the same page. Its a team and I'm pretty sure the coaches and players were both doing what they thought would give them the best chance to win.

The biggest mistakes that have been made are the ones the coaches have made in the way they curse the players. These coaches should set good examples for these young men. The kids do deserve better.