Sonny Moore's Rankings

cycle0x0

Just a note about Sonny's State High School Poll....

Last night (8-29-2002) there were only 7 games of which I am aware. Based on Sonny's poll, the following happened:

#71 beat #3 (McCallie vs Tyner)

#60 beat #7 (White House vs Portland)

#44 beat #13 (Soddy Daisy vs Red Bank)

#80 beat #75 real big (Jackson SS vs Jackson CM)

I am glad folks do these polls but wow....

Guest EarlofSandwich

Aren't these intial rankings based on last season's results?

If that is the case, then I would expect them to become more accurate after a two weeks of competition.

Posted by cycle0x0:

Last night (8-29-2002) there were only 7 games of which I am aware. Based on Sonny's poll, the following happened:

According to the rankings, Smith Co. will beat Gordansville by 47 points. I don't think 47 points will be the difference in this game, maybe two scores for SC, but not 47 points.

Posted by cycle0x0:

IT ALWAYS takes four weeks for the math to catch up with reality. By the end of the year (week 8) the polls are good.

Someone can do their own rankings or be a true football "guru" is to get in their car...and drive...and see every team in the state play the game. But guess what, it isn't going to happen for obvious reasons. You can't trust a computer to do it...or one person to do it...it would take an organization's ratings to be the most effective. Doh! we have that. Some think those rankings are goofy as well, so here is my opinion...you could have the hardest-working crew in the world scout...watch and evaluate every team on a weekly basis and people would still complain about their rankings. That is our nature friends.

Guest tigerballa42

I think Sonny Moore's Rankings are way off they Rockwood going 5-5 NO WAY!! it will never happen Rockwood has a good football team 5-5 is never going to happen and when they go 10-0 this year I'm gonna laugh at Sonny Moore nothing personal but you put us down as 5-5

One point of concern on this poll.....

Week 8- Harding 14 ECS 7

Play-offs- Harding 7 ECS 0

both games last year won by Harding, Harding losses nobody, ECS loses McPhail and Simmons, yet ECS is ranked 55 and Harding is 100! But its cool, because Harding will prove it on the field in weeks 2,4,8,10!