District 4 Region 2

basketball101

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coalfield beat Sunbright tonight 12-0. They were suppose to play a double header but Sungright did not want too. They beat them in 5 innings Matt Johnston threw a perfect game with 11 strikeouts, not hits, no walks and Coalfield had no errors! Coalfield plays Rockwood monday. Any other updates on games?

ok wartburg is good i will give them that. but they will not go undefeated at all!! i think they will split with coalfield during the regular season and depending on who is on the mound it will be a battle in the district tourny.. wartburg returns everyone from last year so i might have to go with them but i do thing that coalfield has the potential and a possibility to go to the region title game.. and rockwood is a lot better then most people are sayin.. skidmore is a work horse and is gonna extremely tough to beat...

and as far as the best player in the region goes.. dougherty is a good player but by far not the best in the region.. in my opinion the better players in the region are,, skidmore, johnston, key, prior, newberry, then you have daugherty.. i no i prolly just made the puppy dawgs in wartburg mad but its my opinion and i have been around baseball for about twenty something years and i think these players i have metioned ahead of daugherty can play college ball at a very good school and be extremely succesfull.. i just think daugherty has to many flaws in his pitchin and hitting to be very succesfull in college. he don't throw that hard and his offspeed is sub-bar his fastball is extremely flat.. he has a good swing but would have trouble with a pitcher with good offspeed. but he may prove me wrong we will see.. good luck to the teams in the region!!!! should be a good year!!!

. daurghty mite throw a low 80's fastball, which is not that fast. but it is flat and his off speed is terrible. props to him he can hit a baseball but coalfield has by far the best defense in the district and region. doughty at 1st very solid 1st baseball alot better than daurghty is defensvely yeh he can hit the ball better than him but thats all he can do. and there is no one else on the team that can consitently hit the baseball anyway

daurghty mite throw a low 80's fastball, which is not that fast. but it is flat and his off speed is terrible. props to him he can hit a baseball but coalfield has by far the best defense in the district and region. doughty at 1st very solid 1st baseball alot better than daurghty is defensvely yeh he can hit the ball better than him but thats all he can do. and there is no one else on the team that can consitently hit the baseball anyway

I have seen almost all the teams in this region, I saw both Wartburg and Greenback last week

From what I have seen, IMO....there is no clear cut favorite in this region. Any of the teams can be beaten on any given day........a lot of things can happen between now and play-off time

It all comes down to who is playing the best at the end of the year.........you don't win championships in March

I'm loving this. I would assume no feelings are hurt in Wartburg. Olboy, you talk about how someone else is bad mouthing a team, when you are taking direct shots at an individual? Philip may not be the best player in the region or the district but taking shots at him is unnessecary. And last time I checked Coalfield doens't have anyone that throws in the 80's. And to underdawg, if you've been around baseball twenty years you could honestly say Daugherty is one of the best to come through Morgan County. Maybe not a Conlon or Howard, but he is definetly a stud of his time. And Last time I Watched Wartburg play which was tuesday, and monday Daugherty didn't play first base. He very rarely ever plays first base. And when it's the bottom of the seventh I want Daugherty. Just like the district tournament last year.

Big players deliver in Big Situations, and I hope people continue to bash the kid on here. Your just throwing gas on the fire. And I'm sure the Wartburg fans would like nothing else than every kid on there team to play with a chip on their shoulder, especially Daugherty.