Best fields/facilities?

Irish423

I just want to throw out that Catholic has a much nicer field than farragut does. Everything is newer and we don't have a hill in center field and plenty of parking, and our own indoor batting cage and new concession stand and locker room. The nicest field in knoxville? Probably, if you don't believe it, come look. go to kchsbaseball.org and view the slideshow. It has some pretty nice pictures.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to throw out that Catholic has a much nicer field than farragut does. Everything is newer and we don't have a hill in center field and plenty of parking, and our own indoor batting cage and new concession stand and locker room. The nicest field in knoxville? Probably, if you don't believe it, come look. go to kchsbaseball.org and view the slideshow. It has some pretty nice pictures.

you have absolutely lost your mind!! Farragut has nicer EVERYTHING than catholic. why do u think catholic never hosts any tournaments?? cuz the field is crappy...the dirt is like a rock and its about 200 down the left field line. and the parking is awful, you get hit by foul balls all the time as its right next to the field. also, whens the last time catholic was even relevent?? ummm....never

you have absolutely lost your mind!! Farragut has nicer EVERYTHING than catholic. why do u think catholic never hosts any tournaments?? cuz the field is crappy...the dirt is like a rock and its about 200 down the left field line. and the parking is awful, you get hit by foul balls all the time as its right next to the field. also, whens the last time catholic was even relevent?? ummm....never

1.) Catholic does host tournaments.

2.) The dirt is not rock-like at all... the dirt is nearly like sand- but nevermind, you must know, you play on it everyday like i do.

3.) There have been 2 new parking lots just constructed beside the baseball field.

4.) Just because we don't play in AAA does not mean we are not relevant. But what does it matter? This is about the nicest facilities-not relevancy. Good arguments moron.

It is 315 down left by the way.

1.) Catholic does host tournaments.

2.) The dirt is not rock-like at all... the dirt is nearly like sand- but nevermind, you must know, you play on it everyday like i do.

3.) There have been 2 new parking lots just constructed beside the baseball field.

4.) Just because we don't play in AAA does not mean we are not relevant. But what does it matter? This is about the nicest facilities-not relevancy. Good arguments moron.

It is 315 down left by the way.

1. what tournament do u host? senior league softball championships?

2. ask anybody who plays in the sportsbelle tournament which field would the rather play on? Farragut or catholic?

3. Farragut's playing surface is absolutely flawless. just ask kentucky. they wanted to play an exibition on it last year, but Coach Pharr wouldnt let them. This has been the case several times.

4. Farragut's team room and batting cages are amazing

1. what tournament do u host? senior league softball championships?

2. ask anybody who plays in the sportsbelle tournament which field would the rather play on? Farragut or catholic?

3. Farragut's playing surface is absolutely flawless. just ask kentucky. they wanted to play an exibition on it last year, but Coach Pharr wouldnt let them. This has been the case several times.

4. Farragut's team room and batting cages are amazing

Farragut has a nice field, BUT...

1.) Adam Sullivan played in the SEC. His field is modeled after the SEC fields he has played on. Note the resemblance of the field to Auburn. Also we play on dirt imported from the university of Alabama.

2.) The grass is pH tested 2 times a year at UT, mowed daily, and watered at least 2 times a day.

3.) When were Farraguts facilities built? Not so recently huh?

4.) We don't let people on our field.

5.) Last time I checked, parking at farragut is not only limited, but very inconvenient- park on the side of the street and risk foul balls, or park up on top of the hill.

No matter what i say, there is no way to change your mind (which i'm not too concerned with anyways) But i have played at Farragut 7 times and i will agree a very nice field and well taken care of. On the other hand, I am not sure when you last played at Catholic but during Adam Sullivan's tenure the field has changed dramatically. Pretty much one new addition a year. (Wall, locker room/concession stand/batting cage/ closing in batting cage) It's really changed dramatically so if you have not been at catholic in a while i completely understand your comments. In your defense- bigger hitting facilities and more seating than Catholic.

3.) When were Farraguts facilities built? Not so recently huh?

I don't believe that really matters does it? in MLB usually the older the stadium the more people like it... But Farragut's field has changed quite a bit from what it used to be.

also, I could be wrong, but Catholic is private correct. I am sure they may have a little more funding for their field? Is that possible?

In the one picture i saw on their website that showed the field, whats with the gravel around the bleachers? farragut atleast has some grass around their field.

edit again... who goes on to Farragut's field other than the coach and players and parents? and the kids during their camp? And whoever asked what tournament Catholic hosts... i havent found anything, unless having 2 games played there during the Sportsbelle counts..

Catholic does have one of the best looking playing surfaces I have seen. Also, you can feel the electricity in the air during a game. Wait, maybe that is coming from the TVA transmission lines that run through the outfield.