Are we seeing the return of the creekers?

zAZa90

I can't help but notice something that we all have dreaded to see. Could it be that the creekers have returned like the Taliban in Pakistan? After we played them at Cloudland, I was real confident that Unaka athletics had been destroyed forever. Now, the creeker boys are starting to pick up steam. I want to challenge Cloudland and Hampton to snuff out this threat and continue our domination in athletics in Carter Co.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may be easier said than done. They have alot of talent in the sophmore class, but I can't ever really see them being better than Hampton before they graduate. When Unaka is going to be the toughest is when these 8th graders now at Hunter and Unaka come together in high school. They are going to be loaded, but so is Cloudland. Hopefully the Dawgs can keep the Rangers down for the next 2 years and the Landers can take over after that...

I can't help but notice something that we all have dreaded to see. Could it be that the creekers have returned like the Taliban in Pakistan? After we played them at Cloudland, I was real confident that Unaka athletics had been destroyed forever. Now, the creeker boys are starting to pick up steam. I want to challenge Cloudland and Hampton to snuff out this threat and continue our domination in athletics in Carter Co.

Challenge all you want! I think that I stated in another thread that we like our Coaches, ALL of them.

This may be easier said than done. They have alot of talent in the sophmore class, but I can't ever really see them being better than Hampton before they graduate. When Unaka is going to be the toughest is when these 8th graders now at Hunter and Unaka come together in high school. They are going to be loaded, but so is Cloudland. Hopefully the Dawgs can keep the Rangers down for the next 2 years and the Landers can take over after that...

You are correct, it will be much easier said than done. Only time will tell if the young Rangers will be better than Hamton. The District Tournament should be a good one.

Honestly, Minton seems to be doing a great job with them. I've not seen a Unaka team or crowd show any enthusiasm like this in 4 or 5 years. It looks like hes invigorated the Stoner Creekers...

It seems like a long time since Snavely gym has been crowded and so loud that it hurts your ears when Unaka scores a basket. I was at the Cloudland game the other night and I don't think the student section sat down the whole game. Plus, the rest of the crowd was on their feet for most of the fourth quarter. Peterson and Covarubias hit two threes toward the end to put the game out of reach and the place was going nuts. It's great to see this again, and good call Lord Vader, kudos to Minton and his staff. Those guys have so much energy all the time and it shows with the players and the faithfuls. Chuckey Doak will make a fortune this year for hosting the tourney.... it's going to be one of the best.

Zaza,

In most cases, I might figure a few ways to point out what's wrong with your post, but for the first time ever (yep, check back and see) I have to say you finally saw the light. I didn't think you were capable, but you proved me wrong. However, it's not that easy to overlook what you've posted in the past, so the alliance is not off the hook by any means. Let's take a quick peek.

1) Not everybody has dreaded the "return of the creekers." As a matter of fact, there are probably more that want it than those who don't, pending the number of troops in the "big blue alliance". I dont' know if it's because you won't, and it's getting to where you can't, but I think everybody's glad you don't talk about that anymore (I always wondered where you came up with that. Maybe we can be the "big maroon monster" now? Ah, nevermind, I think we'll pass).

2) The Taliban comment is a little much. Whatever fantasy you're living in with all these combat words (destroyed, threat, and domination) makes me wonder. Why can't the creekers be like the old Lakers or the Chicago Bulls? I'm gonna go with one of those. If you disagree notice at the top of your page that CoachT is powered by high school sports, not Al Qaeda (that one just might get me kicked off here... sorry CoachT).

3) I always wondered when you would power up your PC behind the glow of your monitor, log in to the good ol' message boards and ask the question about the return of the boys from Unaka. If you're worried about a home win against Cloudland and two close games with Hampton just give it some time... you don't know what kind of favor you did us when you got this topic going, big guy.

Where can we start? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Let's start with the Taliban. The whole Middle East is good at one thing: destroying each other. You see the Taliban and the Creekers have a lot in common. You guys don't have to worry about the Alliance because a house divided will never stand. Give it time and you guys will run your saviour Minton out of town and once again the creekers at the bottom of the food chain. What worries me is that Minton reminds me a lot of Ensor. The discipline and his players giving 100 percent on the court. While this is going on, Hampton and Cloudland will have to counter with extreme aggression to keep the creekers out of heart. This tournament is going to spell out a lot of things. This will go down as one of the most extreme tournaments in Carter Co. history. The talent levels at these three schools are going to boom and I feel like another state champion may emerge out of this county in the next three years unless Iran bombs Israel in 2012. Then we all might be standing together with M-16's. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Where can we start? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Let's start with the Taliban. The whole Middle East is good at one thing: destroying each other. You see the Taliban and the Creekers have a lot in common. You guys don't have to worry about the Alliance because a house divided will never stand. Give it time and you guys will run your saviour Minton out of town and once again the creekers at the bottom of the food chain. What worries me is that Minton reminds me a lot of Ensor. The discipline and his players giving 100 percent on the court. While this is going on, Hampton and Cloudland will have to counter with extreme aggression to keep the creekers out of heart. This tournament is going to spell out a lot of things. This will go down as one of the most extreme tournaments in Carter Co. history. The talent levels at these three schools are going to boom and I feel like another state champion may emerge out of this county in the next three years unless Iran bombs Israel in 2012. Then we all might be standing together with M-16's. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Here we go again:

1) Once again, I can't believe I'm saying it, but I agree. The house IS divided... this big blue alliance you speak of. Just wait until Hill transfers from the Dogs to the mountain and Hampton's new coach next year goes nuts about it. At least that's what I've been reading. Carp would have a reason to get mad if he goes to the Dogs and is left without a big man.

2) If you really think Minton might be the savior, try spelling it right. I thought we talked about this last time? (SAVIOR, and not SAVIOUR... c'mon big guy)

3) You've already made it known who might win the tournament when you started this topic. Let the alliance keep belly-aching about their problems with guards, post players and coaches. If winning games keeps the dog's house divided, then best of luck on Monday against UH... hope you win by 20.

C'mon George. When is putting all them periods in your sentences proper grammer. Don't go their, buddy. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Everyone makes mistakes in their typing. You are just distracting the whole point of the topic. Keeping the destruction of Creeker athletics an ongoing thing. You're right. Things are not well at Hampton right now. They are starting to adopt some of the behaviors of the Stoner Blue Ribbon Creekers. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> If they win the tournament, then most of our nightmares will have come true. Honestly, I don't see it happening. A Creeker will never match the heart of a Highlander, whooo!! Keep 3 stepping it, sweet cheeks! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

C'mon George. When is putting all them periods in your sentences proper grammer. Don't go their, buddy. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Everyone makes mistakes in their typing. You are just distracting the whole point of the topic. Keeping the destruction of Creeker athletics an ongoing thing. You're right. Things are not well at Hampton right now. They are starting to adopt some of the behaviors of the Stoner Blue Ribbon Creekers. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> If they win the tournament, then most of our nightmares will have come true. Honestly, I don't see it happening. A Creeker will never match the heart of a Highlander, whooo!! Keep 3 stepping it, sweet cheeks! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Let's see. There (not their) you go, one period at a time.

Not a bad job on the recovery with the typing errors, but I'm not buying it. I wasn't trying to ruffle your feathers any more than they already were when you started this post, but it seems I have. My keyboard is set up just like yours, big guy.

I'm glad you mentioned the destruction of the creekers as "ongoing." And, in my always quick attempt to correct you, what I'm reading looks more like a destruction of the alliance (or at least one half of it). Go to the top of the screen, click on search, enter Unaka and see how much destruction is going on now. Or, better yet, check out the Bulldog thread and pop a bag of popcorn for the best drama you've ever laid eyes on. It might be up to 8 pages by now, so make sure you have some time. I haven't checked lately to see if you've posted, but I'm going to say that you probably have.

Last, but not least, the hearts of the Highlanders were measured at Snavely not too long ago, and we all know how that match turned out.

I'll add a fourth to make you feel better. Sweet cheeks? C'mon.

You are correct, a house divided will never stand(so called alliance), Cloudland don't like Hampton either. Was Friday a gift from Hampton to poor, poor little Cloudland? We don't worry about the so called alliance. His players give 100 percent and he has dicipline. The tournament will be a good one. If Iran bombs Isreal in 2012, that will be the only time we stand together. You are wrong, we like ALL of our Coaches, so Minton and company will be there much longer than Cloudland, Hampton, University High, and North Green will care for.