9AA Tournament

hssportsnut

People need to stop blaming DLs losses on sickness. Many people have said it was DL's best game yet against CPA when one of their starters was sick and hardly played. DL led for the majority of the game. DESPITE TURNOVERS!!!!! DL began to fall apart in the last minutes of the game due to our great press d and thurley's drives. The last play of the game: the score being tied. Cpa's boyd drove into the lane. keen helping off of a great shooter, #5 AN EIGHTH GRADER, allowing boyd to kick it out to her for the winning shot. MAYBE DL'S "BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER"(hssportsnut) SHOULD HAVE PLAYED BETTER DEFENSE AGAINST ONE OF OUR BEST SHOOTERS. DL lost a game that was hard fought from both sides.

DL lost (sickness or not). I thought they played really hard, but it definitely was not there best effort of the season. I still stand by Keen being one of the best defenders. She pulled two charges this game, and typically can contain whoever she is assigned. DL has struggled with setting up a defense in transition when they are not playing man-to-man. CPA really turned it on with the press. They deserved the win. I feel it was one of the more exciting games I have seen this year. Good luck to both teams in the region.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You always play to win the game you are playing now not to avoid another team later. You gotta have a "Bring it on" attidtude. IMO

I think Mark Gaither was referring to the Ezell/DL game on Monday. Whoever loses has to face Marshall County in the first game. Winning that game, puts them in third where they will be on the other side of the bracket.

she actually had strep for a few days but then got a stomach virus. Im not sure why you seem to care that much. The only point i was making is that Dl has had some sickness lately but have played through it and the only reason i made this point is because someone got on here and acted like DL was blaming their loss on sickness because i assure you they are not. Good luck tonight to Ezell and Dl

If CPA and Lipscomb take care of business for the next two games, they will meet again in the second round of the Region. That will be fun to watch! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Facing elimination, we'll see who wants it the most. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Good luck 9AA girls! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If CPA and Lipscomb take care of business for the next two games, they will meet again in the second round of the Region. That will be fun to watch! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Facing elimination, we'll see who wants it the most. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Good luck 9AA girls! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Or if CPA and EZELL take care of business tonight and met in the second game of the region - I think that would be even more fun to watch!

Or if CPA and EZELL take care of business tonight and met in the second game of the region - I think that would be even more fun to watch!

oops!

Lipscomb outplayed the Lady Eagles tonight in the second half to win third place in the district. Good luck to all 9AA teams entering into region competition...