10-A playoffs

SCRAPMAN

I have no clue what schools you are talking about, but you sound like a parent whose son didn't get to play as much as you thought they should.

Shut your pie hole or get a degree and apply for the job. If that man has 34 years of coaching he can retire. When he does why dont you get the job and see how you can do with "all of that talent"

Actually, no, grendal doesnt have a child that plays for HC. Get the facts before you post.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no clue what schools you are talking about, but you sound like a parent whose son didn't get to play as much as you thought they should.

Shut your pie hole or get a degree and apply for the job. If that man has 34 years of coaching he can retire. When he does why dont you get the job and see how you can do with "all of that talent"

Since you have no clue what school we are talking about you have no idea the talent level of the program currently or in the past.I am a coach and did play there and I assure you I am not a parent,I live near Nashville and drive an hour and half to go watch these games because I love my former community and my school.I had many doors opened for me thru basketball and want these kids to be afforded the same oppurtunities that a great coach can give them.Coach Baggett is a man that I respect and I can assure you that I have pulled on his ear about some of my ideas about the program.I don't want him to be fired but anyone that has been to a Houston County game can look and see that he has had much better days,I just want him to come to that realization.

A coaches job is to motivate and PREPARE his/her team to play,and in the event that you haven't done this you should make adjustments accordingly.I agree that he lets his players play-that is part of the problem.More coaching and less hoping your players are better than the other teams would result in maximizing potential.Does anyone think LC has or does get the most out of his teams.I would say almost every team has performed less than their potential.Is that not your job to get the most out your players.Once again about the game,Does anyone think it was a good idea to take out Tyler Featherstone with HC tied after coming back from 13,and go with a big lineup and have three post players in and handling the ball on the wings and the top of the key?The big lineup didn't work in the first half,and to top it off you bring in a kid in his first year of organized bball.That is poor coaching,and once you get down late in the game if you do not have the players in that can pressure the ball and trap,put in the two guards that didn't play all night or put Barnes in-he is a great defensive player.Cory Feathersone and Hammond could have pressured the ball and could have been your designated foulers,and on offense they are both good 3 point shooters.My final thought is in 34 years of coaching,2 trips to state and 0 state tourney victories with the amount of talent that has passed thru this program is unacceptable.

I agree that you sound like a parent of that kid that got took out, or atleast related to one. On to your bashing of LC.... Is LC as solid of a coach as he used to be, probably not. Is he the best coach in the district, again I would say no.... But LC has done some good things for that program, first being he is a stand up guy and gave many players chances that they would of no longer had otherwise...Something that I find very vital in coaches..Most kids will never have the chance to play college ball, and none from HC has ever really had the talent to ever paly much professional ball, but growing from these experiences, and the coaches guidence through the process is very important..This happened especially in his younger years...He has won many games that he "was not suppose to win". Hey beating CA would be one of those. A few years back beating mcewen @ mcewen when they were highly ranked and undeafeted, the year prior to that beating a high powered(substate....that lost to a team that now has a top 7 player on both memphis; roster and UT roster) waverly team at home. ..Beechum senior year beating a high powered east robertson team(the first time when they were ranked #1 in 1a)...Just to name some recent ones...Hey beating a Ron mercer/Drew Maddoux/ Sam Houston team at home with the 92 boys...to name an old one.. Is there things he could do better? Sure....Is North carolina undefeated this year? Roy Williams has made mistakes this year too... Did US basketball win the gold metal in the 04 olympics? I would say a mistake was made there as well!!! Let the old man retire at his will, I think he deserves that, instead of someone bashing him for doing things right. I have been a known person to bash coaches from time to time...Even coaches who have turned programs around and done it right on the field, but off the field have not done such a good job....Ask any coach in the league about their opinion of LC, outside of possibly Petrone....and I think many would tell you he is a stand up guy... So hurry and get your teaching degree and apply for the HC job when he retires.....But leave him alone until he does....

A coaches job is to motivate and PREPARE his/her team to play,and in the event that you haven't done this you should make adjustments accordingly.I agree that he lets his players play-that is part of the problem.More coaching and less hoping your players are better than the other teams would result in maximizing potential.Does anyone think LC has or does get the most out of his teams.I would say almost every team has performed less than their potential.Is that not your job to get the most out your players.Once again about the game,Does anyone think it was a good idea to take out Tyler Featherstone with HC tied after coming back from 13,and go with a big lineup and have three post players in and handling the ball on the wings and the top of the key?The big lineup didn't work in the first half,and to top it off you bring in a kid in his first year of organized bball.That is poor coaching,and once you get down late in the game if you do not have the players in that can pressure the ball and trap,put in the two guards that didn't play all night or put Barnes in-he is a great defensive player.Cory Feathersone and Hammond could have pressured the ball and could have been your designated foulers,and on offense they are both good 3 point shooters.My final thought is in 34 years of coaching,2 trips to state and 0 state tourney victories with the amount of talent that has passed thru this program is unacceptable.

I agree that you sound like a parent of that kid that got took out, or atleast related to one. On to your bashing of LC.... Is LC as solid of a coach as he used to be, probably not. Is he the best coach in the district, again I would say no.... But LC has done some good things for that program, first being he is a stand up guy and gave many players chances that they would of no longer had otherwise...Something that I find very vital in coaches..Most kids will never have the chance to play college ball, and none from HC has ever really had the talent to ever paly much professional ball, but growing from these experiences, and the coaches guidence through the process is very important..This happened especially in his younger years...He has won many games that he "was not suppose to win". Hey beating CA would be one of those. A few years back beating mcewin @ mcewin when they were highly ranked and undeafeted, the year prior to that beating a high powered(substate....that lost to a team that now has a top 7 player on both memphis; roster and UT roster) waverly team at home. ..Beechum senior year beating a high powered east robertson team(the first time when they were ranked #1 in 1a)...Just to name some recent ones...Hey beating a Ron mercer/Drew Maddoux/ Sam Houston team at home with the 92 boys...to name an old one.. Is there things he could do better? Sure....Is North carolina undefeated this year? Roy Williams has made mistakes this year too... Did US basketball win the gold metal in the 04 olympics? I would say a mistake was made there as well!!! Let the old man retire at his will, I think he deserves that, instead of someone bashing him for doing things right. I have been a known person to bash coaches from time to time...Even coaches who have turned programs around and done it right on the field, but off the field have not done such a good job....Ask any coach in the league about their opinion of LC, outside of possibly Petrone....and I think many would tell you he is a stand up guy... So hurry and get your teaching degree and apply for the HC job when he retires.....But leave him alone until he does....

Since you have no clue what school we are talking about you have no idea the talent level of the program currently or in the past.I am a coach and did play there and I assure you I am not a parent,I live near Nashville and drive an hour and half to go watch these games because I love my former community and my school.I had many doors opened for me thru basketball and want these kids to be afforded the same oppurtunities that a great coach can give them.Coach Baggett is a man that I respect and I can assure you that I have pulled on his ear about some of my ideas about the program.I don't want him to be fired but anyone that has been to a Houston County game can look and see that he has had much better days,I just want him to come to that realization.

Did you or do you coach basketball?

I agree that you sound like a parent of that kid that got took out, or atleast related to one. On to your bashing of LC.... Is LC as solid of a coach as he used to be, probably not. Is he the best coach in the district, again I would say no.... But LC has done some good things for that program, first being he is a stand up guy and gave many players chances that they would of no longer had otherwise...Something that I find very vital in coaches..Most kids will never have the chance to play college ball, and none from HC has ever really had the talent to ever paly much professional ball, but growing from these experiences, and the coaches guidence through the process is very important..This happened especially in his younger years...He has won many games that he "was not suppose to win". Hey beating CA would be one of those. A few years back beating mcewen @ mcewen when they were highly ranked and undeafeted, the year prior to that beating a high powered(substate....that lost to a team that now has a top 7 player on both memphis; roster and UT roster) waverly team at home. ..Beechum senior year beating a high powered east robertson team(the first time when they were ranked #1 in 1a)...Just to name some recent ones...Hey beating a Ron mercer/Drew Maddoux/ Sam Houston team at home with the 92 boys...to name an old one.. Is there things he could do better? Sure....Is North carolina undefeated this year? Roy Williams has made mistakes this year too... Did US basketball win the gold metal in the 04 olympics? I would say a mistake was made there as well!!! Let the old man retire at his will, I think he deserves that, instead of someone bashing him for doing things right. I have been a known person to bash coaches from time to time...Even coaches who have turned programs around and done it right on the field, but off the field have not done such a good job....Ask any coach in the league about their opinion of LC, outside of possibly Petrone....and I think many would tell you he is a stand up guy... So hurry and get your teaching degree and apply for the HC job when he retires.....But leave him alone until he does....

I have a degree and have a great job and family,no sour grapes about HC.I am just very passionate.I could go on and on about different points all day long.I just want the best for the kids from HC,maybe this is not the best way to go about it,but what other forum with people of like opinions

is there.I would bet that if you polled most HC fans that they would agree with me but they have no choice but to live with it.

Hey, why don't you "shut your pie hole" or as the great Mike Ditka once said "get your mouth shut. Now, go back to the den and get some manners. Sinner!

I have a degree and have a great job and family,no sour grapes about HC.I am just very passionate.I could go on and on about different points all day long.I just want the best for the kids from HC,maybe this is not the best way to go about it,but what other forum with people of like opinions

is there.I would bet that if you polled most HC fans that they would agree with me but they have no choice but to live with it.

Grendal, are you going to the 9-A, 10-A match up's tonight?

Well everyone has "ways" that HC should of could of would of, won that game, but the fact is they didn't! I just think its harsh to bash a coach that has impacted a community like coach baggett, and better yet admit you are part fo the community, but do it on forums such a this. I would imagine that if you went to the games a little early you could get in on the debates with the girls parents about who is not getting enough playing time.

About the degree....I am glad that you have one, but i never once claimed you as stupid or anything... But if it makes you feel any better I have my masters?

I just think that for someone who has been there that long and still does a adequate job, you should let him retire on his own terms, and stop bashing him through message boards because you did not like his game strategy??

Well everyone has "ways" that HC should of could of would of, won that game, but the fact is they didn't! I just think its harsh to bash a coach that has impacted a community like coach baggett, and better yet admit you are part fo the community, but do it on forums such a this. I would imagine that if you went to the games a little early you could get in on the debates with the girls parents about who is not getting enough playing time.

About the degree....I am glad that you have one, but i never once claimed you as stupid or anything... But if it makes you feel any better I have my masters?

I just think that for someone who has been there that long and still does a adequate job, you should let him retire on his own terms, and stop bashing him through message boards because you did not like his game strategy??

Wow,you really come off as a really arrogant jerk with that post,I don't think it matters how long someone has been at a job,if you can't do it as well as you once were then you should step aside.An adequate job is not fair to the kids that are there now,they don't deserve to be short changed.It's my opinion that LC had a really good year 5 or 6 years into his career and took the school to their first state touney and had a great run of athletes for 10 years after-and has been living the fraud of being a good coach since.Actually I can only think of one region victory since the 92 team.Is that even adequate?I am just being OBJECTIVE-just roll the ball out and hope we win.

No I will be in Waverly to watch Sycamore and Creekwood.

You traitor!

No I will be in Waverly to watch Sycamore and Creekwood.

You traitor!

Soory, thought you were New Blue for a second... ask him on another post if he was going to our game. didn't have my glasses on.