10-A playoffs

SCRAPMAN

Congrats to HC... so simply outplayed McEwen last night... Was there for the whole game... HC controlled the speed of the game throughout... and the score dictated that... Skelton kid played good... we'll all of HC did... It seemed like McEwen came out scared for some reason...dunno... One thing I didn't understand about HC was if I were out there and I was up 25 at one point.... I'm personally going to hold the ball and secure my win... taking no chance in loosing the game... McEwen made somewhat of a run the second half, but feel behind big early and never could catch up...

Good game HC... but McEwen girls will show up Friday... That's a fact...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NCS almost did surprise ER on Jan 16.....just a 2 point win for ER(37-35) and that was at ER. So same situation but just a LITTLE more on the line this time. Will ER choke? Who can play better under pressure?

Looks like ER chokes under pressure.....hmmmmm.That was prob a tough pill to swallow, UPSET of the yr type stuff.

Great job NCS. I thought they were getting better over the yr. Just in time for the tourney.

I like the way WHH matches up with NCS too....SEEMS East had our number this year.

WHH looks good here at tourny time too.,. should be some kind of game this Friday against NCS at Houston Co.

Its been a month since Houston Co and CA have played each other . Might make a diff. Could HC surprise CA.>?

Good luck to all.

The way HC played last night... controlling the game, executing the offense, and running the press... they could give CA some problems... The CA boys were at the game last night too... they probably saw HC play the best they have in a while...

What's up with Spergion (sp)... he actually dressed out last night, and seemed to move pretty well in warm ups, but didn't play at all... if they had him, it would be very likely that they could upset top seeded CA... He's not much on offense, but it seems like he knows the game and can play good D and rebound... With him the little pg guard controlling the game, Dillard playing his, and Skelton continuing to develop... they could spell trouble in the region... Seems like there one of those teams that can beat or get beat by anyone in the region...

Congrats to HC... so simply outplayed McEwen last night... Was there for the whole game... HC controlled the speed of the game throughout... and the score dictated that... Skelton kid played good... we'll all of HC did... It seemed like McEwen came out scared for some reason...dunno... One thing I didn't understand about HC was if I were out there and I was up 25 at one point.... I'm personally going to hold the ball and secure my win... taking no chance in loosing the game... McEwen made somewhat of a run the second half, but feel behind big early and never could catch up...

Good game HC... but McEwen girls will show up Friday... That's a fact...

Those girls always show up to play, nice team, good players. HC girls aren't gonna lay down and give it to em though, looking forward to the game.

The way HC played last night... controlling the game, executing the offense, and running the press... they could give CA some problems... The CA boys were at the game last night too... they probably saw HC play the best they have in a while...

What's up with Spergion (sp)... he actually dressed out last night, and seemed to move pretty well in warm ups, but didn't play at all... if they had him, it would be very likely that they could upset top seeded CA... He's not much on offense, but it seems like he knows the game and can play good D and rebound... With him the little pg guard controlling the game, Dillard playing his, and Skelton continuing to develop... they could spell trouble in the region... Seems like there one of those teams that can beat or get beat by anyone in the region...

Spurgeon got released from his doctor just yesterday, glad to have him back, but hes not practiced with the team since he went out with the injury, hopefully he will see some time this weekend. I dont know about him handling Malcolm though, hes quicker then Spurgeon, and he would probably foul out tryin to guard him.

Spurgeon got released from his doctor just yesterday, glad to have him back, but hes not practiced with the team since he went out with the injury, hopefully he will see some time this weekend. I dont know about him handling Malcolm though, hes quicker then Spurgeon, and he would probably foul out tryin to guard him.

They played a great game last night but I really do not think they can win against CA unless they get Malcolm Smith in foul trouble and out of the game.That being said you have Skelton,Kizer,Spurgeon,and Monroe to take it right at him,put a shoulder in his chest and go.Make the refs make the call,you have 20 fouls between them.Dillard will have a hard time against Dyer and/or Martin Smith so one of the Featherstone boys needs to make some shots,HC will have a big advantage at PG,maybe Cooksey could draw a foul or two from Malcolm also.I would be very physical with Malcolm also,he tends to lose his cool and like I said you have twenty fouls between your post players.

They played a great game last night but I really do not think they can win against CA unless they get Malcolm Smith in foul trouble and out of the game.That being said you have Skelton,Kizer,Spurgeon,and Monroe to take it right at him,put a shoulder in his chest and go.Make the refs make the call,you have 20 fouls between them.Dillard will have a hard time against Dyer and/or Martin Smith so one of the Featherstone boys needs to make some shots,HC will have a big advantage at PG,maybe Cooksey could draw a foul or two from Malcolm also.I would be very physical with Malcolm also,he tends to lose his cool and like I said you have twenty fouls between your post players.

True, getting Malcolm in foul trouble could help, he does tend to lose his cool, but then you have Martin, and the other CA boys hitting those 3's, CA is a very balanced team, but HC has really started playing team ball, offense and denfense.Skelton has been stepping up, getting more aggresive,Kizer, Corey Featherstone, Monore too. If we can shake lose and Dillard can play his usual great game, we may be able to do it. I know they aren't gonna lay down and give it to them. As I said before, HC is hungry. Should be a good game.

WOW! Glad I was wrong about this one.I wasn't there and I need a summary of how it happened.Congrats to HC and good luck Saturday.

We were up at the end of the first quarter, outplayed em that quarter. dont remember by how much, up by 4 at the half. CA came out after half, played like a house on fire, caught us, went up by either 7 or 8, but the boys never gave up, Cooksey played the game of his life, Skelton took it to em, Dillard shook loose and hit his shots, Barnes, Featherstone played like there was no tomorrow, but I think what really won it for us was our back line......... Skelton, Kizer, and Spurgeon, rotating in and out and all together at times.. Monroe played 2 minutes maybe, and the younger Featherstone boy played some, but we out rebounded them, took it to Malcolm, and just played BASKETBALL. Cooksey hit BIG freethrows at the end, Cooksey got fouled, then one of the CA players did something and got a T. Cooksey hit both his free throws, and Dillard hit one of his on the T. . They came down and hit a 3, but it was too late. 6 seconds ( I think ) left, we ran time out. We won by 1. It was an awesome game. Both teams played their hearts out. LC told the boys before the game " Remember the pressure isnt on US, its on THEM" . Win, Lose, or draw tomorrow night, I am so proud of the boys I could bust.