10-A playoffs

SCRAPMAN

Oh my God! Thought I was going to have a heart attack. We trailed pretty much all game, as much by eleven at one point. The boys hung tough, dropped back to back three's to get withinin two in the fourth with 5 left. Big prop's to Community, they played well and I am sure it was a tough pill to swallow. They beat us twice this year but you know what they say about beating a team three in a row? They won three in a row to win thier district but we proved to much in the long run! Very fun game to watch. Now we get to drive to Eagleville and hopefully drive on them, all night long. Can't take these close ones, great fun!!!

Ok Scrapman, its up to yall and CA to kick some 9A butt. Go get em lol

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Scrapman, its up to yall and CA to kick some 9A butt. Go get em lol

I will to my best to fire mine up, but he usually tell's me to go away cause he is trying to get ready for a game. lol.

Kids? can't beat em, can't eat em. Unless you tender em up with a little A-1 sauced.

Wheres New Blue???

Thanks Scrapman, I am proud of the boys and girls, both teams accomplished more than alot of people ever thought they would. Now yall go kick some 9A.

First of all ,congratulations on a good season.Now about the game,these HC coaches should be ashamed of themselves.My first comment to the guy sitting next to me was to look at the difference in how the teams were warming up.Several HC players were goofing around and you could tell that they had no bounce in their step.A good coach would have walked on the floor and lit his players up.Now as for game strategy,on defense you cannot let a team entirely made up of guards shoot uncontested threes,if you can't play man to man put the personnel in that can.Offensively I fail to understand why you have 6'6 kids handling the ball at the three point line against 6'1 kids that are playing you man to man,this happened the entire game,It is obvious that against that guard oriented team you spread the floor and isolate your post players in a mismatch.I was furious the entire game by the lack of in-game adjustments.The worst two things were to start the third period HC made a huge run with Featherstone in the game,after they made up the margin he brought Kizer back in and went really big and gave Cascade exploded again.It would be fine if you are going to feed the post but if you brought that kid in to be twenty feet from the basket and handle the ball-then that is just stupid!The worst was the coached quit on the team,with 4:00 to go and HC trailing 50-34 the coaches did not instuct them to hurry,to trap,or to foul-they just conceded defeat in the last game of the year!HC kids made a run-ON THEIR OWN-and cut it to 6,Then the coaches decided to instruct them to trap and foul and the final score was 55-50.Now my point is if you are down by 16 with 4 minutes to go and you have only scored 34 points in the first 28 minutes of the game do you really think you are going to outscore them 16-0 to end the game when they are trying to hold the ball.The right answer is you start fouling earlier and try to prolong the game,after all it was the last game of the year.WE NEED A CHANGE-SOME PASSION-SOMEONE WHO HAS THE ENERGY AND DESIRE TO DO THE JOB.

Congrats to a well coached, young White House Heritage team. Not only have you guys made history this year by advancing in the region, but you have surpassed what many thought was impossible for you. Keep working hard over the next couple of days as you prepare for your next game. Win or lose you have made your school and district 10A proud.

Congrats to a well coached, young White House Heritage team. Not only have you guys made history this year by advancing in the region, but you have surpassed what many thought was impossible for you. Keep working hard over the next couple of days as you prepare for your next game. Win or lose you have made your school and district 10A proud.

Would your initials be JH?

First of all ,congratulations on a good season.Now about the game,these HC coaches should be ashamed of themselves.My first comment to the guy sitting next to me was to look at the difference in how the teams were warming up.Several HC players were goofing around and you could tell that they had no bounce in their step.A good coach would have walked on the floor and lit his players up.Now as for game strategy,on defense you cannot let a team entirely made up of guards shoot uncontested threes,if you can't play man to man put the personnel in that can.Offensively I fail to understand why you have 6'6 kids handling the ball at the three point line against 6'1 kids that are playing you man to man,this happened the entire game,It is obvious that against that guard oriented team you spread the floor and isolate your post players in a mismatch.I was furious the entire game by the lack of in-game adjustments.The worst two things were to start the third period HC made a huge run with Featherstone in the game,after they made up the margin he brought Kizer back in and went really big and gave Cascade exploded again.It would be fine if you are going to feed the post but if you brought that kid in to be twenty feet from the basket and handle the ball-then that is just stupid!The worst was the coached quit on the team,with 4:00 to go and HC trailing 50-34 the coaches did not instuct them to hurry,to trap,or to foul-they just conceded defeat in the last game of the year!HC kids made a run-ON THEIR OWN-and cut it to 6,Then the coaches decided to instruct them to trap and foul and the final score was 55-50.Now my point is if you are down by 16 with 4 minutes to go and you have only scored 34 points in the first 28 minutes of the game do you really think you are going to outscore them 16-0 to end the game when they are trying to hold the ball.The right answer is you start fouling earlier and try to prolong the game,after all it was the last game of the year.WE NEED A CHANGE-SOME PASSION-SOMEONE WHO HAS THE ENERGY AND DESIRE TO DO THE JOB.

This was a game of mis-matcjes, but they were created on both ends of the floor....As for trapping and things to that nature....Like you already said once before you are playing a team full of guards...)i.e layups, if you put too much pressure on... LC has always been a coach to let his players play....when he has talent they are usually good, and he struggles to win when the talent is better on the other side... These two teams were pretty evenly matched although they were two different types of teams.... If they played again the results may be different, but its a one game series....Cascade played hard and deserved to win, don't place the blame on HC coaches, when the palyers didnt play with much emotion...Some preparation must lie with the players themselves...

This was a game of mis-matcjes, but they were created on both ends of the floor....As for trapping and things to that nature....Like you already said once before you are playing a team full of guards...)i.e layups, if you put too much pressure on... LC has always been a coach to let his players play....when he has talent they are usually good, and he struggles to win when the talent is better on the other side... These two teams were pretty evenly matched although they were two different types of teams.... If they played again the results may be different, but its a one game series....Cascade played hard and deserved to win, don't place the blame on HC coaches, when the palyers didnt play with much emotion...Some preparation must lie with the players themselves...

A coaches job is to motivate and PREPARE his/her team to play,and in the event that you haven't done this you should make adjustments accordingly.I agree that he lets his players play-that is part of the problem.More coaching and less hoping your players are better than the other teams would result in maximizing potential.Does anyone think LC has or does get the most out of his teams.I would say almost every team has performed less than their potential.Is that not your job to get the most out your players.Once again about the game,Does anyone think it was a good idea to take out Tyler Featherstone with HC tied after coming back from 13,and go with a big lineup and have three post players in and handling the ball on the wings and the top of the key?The big lineup didn't work in the first half,and to top it off you bring in a kid in his first year of organized bball.That is poor coaching,and once you get down late in the game if you do not have the players in that can pressure the ball and trap,put in the two guards that didn't play all night or put Barnes in-he is a great defensive player.Cory Feathersone and Hammond could have pressured the ball and could have been your designated foulers,and on offense they are both good 3 point shooters.My final thought is in 34 years of coaching,2 trips to state and 0 state tourney victories with the amount of talent that has passed thru this program is unacceptable.

A coaches job is to motivate and PREPARE his/her team to play,and in the event that you haven't done this you should make adjustments accordingly.I agree that he lets his players play-that is part of the problem.More coaching and less hoping your players are better than the other teams would result in maximizing potential.Does anyone think LC has or does get the most out of his teams.I would say almost every team has performed less than their potential.Is that not your job to get the most out your players.Once again about the game,Does anyone think it was a good idea to take out Tyler Featherstone with HC tied after coming back from 13,and go with a big lineup and have three post players in and handling the ball on the wings and the top of the key?The big lineup didn't work in the first half,and to top it off you bring in a kid in his first year of organized bball.That is poor coaching,and once you get down late in the game if you do not have the players in that can pressure the ball and trap,put in the two guards that didn't play all night or put Barnes in-he is a great defensive player.Cory Feathersone and Hammond could have pressured the ball and could have been your designated foulers,and on offense they are both good 3 point shooters.My final thought is in 34 years of coaching,2 trips to state and 0 state tourney victories with the amount of talent that has passed thru this program is unacceptable.

As much as I hate to say it, I agree with you 100%, I, too wondered what was going on when they started subbing after the big run in the 3rd quarter, but I saw this happen in the first McEwen game, they had subbed in Monroe and Corey, we made a big run, caught up, timeout was called and these boys were taken out and we wound up losing. I dont know why you change whats working. Taking out Barnes and T Featherstone were mistakes, I also wondered why in the world they didnt play Corey Featherstone, he was an unknown factor, they were all over Dillard, and Corey maybe could of hit some shots before they figured it out. The boys came out flat to start the game, and nothing was done to try and boost them up. I also was surprised to see their shooter taking to the big men, and they would stand and let him shoot over them. I realize they didnt want to foul, but at least try and do something. Ah well, it was a good season, 10A district title is with us for 1 year. Its been fun trying to figure out who you are Grendal. Good luck to the 10A teams still in it.

I have no clue what schools you are talking about, but you sound like a parent whose son didn't get to play as much as you thought they should.

Shut your pie hole or get a degree and apply for the job. If that man has 34 years of coaching he can retire. When he does why dont you get the job and see how you can do with "all of that talent"